Sure, if you want to call them that. Tru-Spec makes a TRU line, it's mediocre but good enough for airsoft if you want a COTS option.

As far as I'm aware, the first commercially offered RAID BDUs were offered through SpecWarGear, anything else is a ripoff of their 'RAID' name but everyone calls them that anyway.

just to clairify RaidsBDU Style uniforms have been around since the 101st ABRN in WW2 so if any one stole anything Spec stole it from the history books.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have any pictures of Army SF guys using SOE/OSOE products, more specifically their Patrol/Surefire/CQB Vest? I've seen some USMC pictures along with the photos found on the asian websites and the company's own website. I've tried searching via SOE*, but all I get are misspellings of the word "some."

Thanks,

-Piano

If thats not photoshopped, are you really tall or is he really small? :s

Both :D

Ah the lovely world of genetics, I'm 6'7", both my roommates are around the 5'8" mark. Hell my no2 when I trained on the CarlG 84mm was 5'4"...fun!

• 3 weeks later...

what are RAID bdu? I keep seeing it mentioned, but I never knew what the difference between raid and normal bdu's was.

Big thing in the term RAID was the fact the mods were done for just that RAIDS. They were field mods that had been done for quite some time and as has been said were adopted from many years past. It gave operators the ability to put IFF markers on their cammies and have some pockets that were covered by the use of body armor. It wasn't until the early 2000's where the field mods began creeping into contemporary uniform designs that were becoming issues items. This coincided with the rise and commonality of the use of flak jackets and body armor as well. The reason the cammies were coined as RAID or in some circles OP tops was the fact that they were also not authorized for wear in garrison also. And yes SF guys and the like are held to the same basic standards when in garrison even in Iraq and Afghanistan. If they are not in a remote FOB or a compound they need to have names ranks and the like. Back in the day the mods that are common place were not authorized in said garrison area and more recently the frog style tops that are becoming more common were just like the RAID tops, field mods and custom jobs that were the same as the older RAID tops. Not authorized for wear in garrison and were for RAIDS and field work only.

Ah I see. What's so special about them (besides being flame resistant, obviously) that people are trying to find FROG blouses/trousers?

It's lighter than ACU-cut shirt and pants. You wear it like a T-shirt, so no stupid buttons or zippers. Flexible I guess.

And most importantly, Marines use it; haven't seen Army soldiers wearing the MC FROG by Propper.

Edited by korea115

The FROG stuff was the Corps (Army has a version) answer to the need for a flame resistant uniform to help protect from flash and to replace the flight suits that the grunts were wearing in theater. The FROG trousers and the Top are a little lighter than standard MARPAT and the top helps dissipate heat from the torso when wearing body armor. The shirt is not an Under Armor skin tight shirt at all but more like a T-shirt with BDU sleeves. CRYE makes the FROG for the USMC and there has already been a few different GENS of it in it's small life span so far. The Army has gone one step further and has a hot weather UBACS and a cold weather UBACS as well.

So in a nutshell it is just a flightsuit replacement that helps keep the grunt in the field a little cooler as well.

Here's my Ranger loadout as of 1 month ago.

35760_1402306214503_1137752987_31142709_3719975_n.jpg

Kitlist-

-Pantac MBAV (RG)

-Pantac MAP (RG)

-2x Pantac Double M4 Mag pouch (RG)

-1x Pantac 4-mag pouch (RG)

-1x Pantac Short Mag Pouch (RG)

-1x Pantac Medic Pouch (RG)

-1x Pantac Admin Pouch (RG)

-ACM ACH TC2000 w/ Real Suspension and Bunny Ears

-USGI NOD Mount

-Unknown Brand USGI MICH Headset

-Revision glasses

-Issue UCP ACUs

-Danner TFX Rough-Out Boots

-Cardboard Plates

-1x Icom F21

-1x Eagle MBITR Radio Pouch (OD)

Not Pictured/On Order/Soon to be On Order-

-1x Maxpedition RollyPoly Dump Pouch (CB)

-Crye Gen.2 Combat Shirt and Trousers

-Norotos 1-Hole Shroud (Real)

-Comtac IIs (Real)

-Blackhawk SOLAGs (Not a necessity, but I can splurge later)

-RLCS-cut Admin Pouch

As of now, I am about to buy some Crye Combat Pants and pads, but this means I have to sell my Pantac gear to pay for it. I will use my allowance and funds from my FS items to buy an Eagle EPC, or MBAV if I can find one.

37910_1428212062133_1137752987_31208124_7510575_n.jpg

38756_1428212222137_1137752987_31208125_1110047_n.jpg

Blaster-

SOCOM Gear SOPMOD M4

ACOG Repro

PEQ15 Repro (FDE)

Surefire 6P

9x midcaps

CA SOPMOD Stock (Tan)

Magpul PTS MOE Grip

GripPod GripPod

So, thoughts?

Edited by Snowman1

Looks freaking AWESOME!

20gmyht.jpg

Testing out my Operation Northern Light set up. Looking to go light, but don't know if I should prepare for a 23hr event like Pine Plains or if the events are like 4-6hr sessions......

Might just have an ALICE set up. Help me choose......

-SDS Warrior

--MSA SORDIN

--ESS ICE

--BOLLE X800

-Eagle M4 Chest Rig

@ Snowman1: you might want to post your Ranger load-out in the Ranger thread, we do have that. Some suggestions: try some OD flight gloves and you might want to stick with the regular M4 for your Ranger set-up. I haven't seen too much SOPMOD B2 M4 RIS II pics on Rangers, just on US SF. Try a replica Surefire Scout light or M3X on your M4 too. (SF M951 & M961 are heavy) Good luck.

@ Snowman1: you might want to post your Ranger load-out in the Ranger thread, we do have that. Some suggestions: try some OD flight gloves and you might want to stick with the regular M4 for your Ranger set-up. I haven't seen too much SOPMOD B2 M4 RIS II pics on Rangers, just on US SF. Try a replica Surefire Scout light or M3X on your M4 too. (SF M951 & M961 are heavy) Good luck.

Actually, Rangers have been using Block II M4s more and more exclusively.

And sorry, I'll recheck for a Ranger thread, lol.