The GEN3 pads breath a lot better. Of course those won't stop sweating completely, but it helps. Pads should be available from Crye in January along other gen3 stuff, so I wouldn't waste my money on ebay.

Also binarypunisher, very cool and lightweight looking setup you got there. I wouldn't mind a kitlist. I supposed that the setup isn't really based up on pictures or anything like that?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably going to have it set up for Army Special Forces.

Really comfortable than the standard EPC with the light cushion. The Soft armor is actually a little bit thicker than normal, or at least the soft armor that I used to own (a friend's BALCS soft armor). I need to find a company that makes soft armor for the EPC.

DSCN2474.jpg

DSCN2476.jpg

DSCN2478.jpg

New upper. Modeled after this. I'll paint the gasblock adjustment knob when I get a chance.

m4cqb.jpg

http://villep.com/asoft/pew/m4cqb.jpg

Any idea what rig would be kosher with SR25 for early OEF(01-03)? If anyone could post pics of dudes sporting SR25 in early OEF would also be cool (already have the few pics from KBL but I can't tell what rigs are they using if any).

Those are some well done photos, but you have incorrect vests, helmets, and some weapon configurations if you are trying to replicate what SF ODAs look like.

Not to come off snooty, I was deployed end of 2002, all of 2003 and 2004 in Iraq. Most of the SF guys I had the honor to work with or just get the chance to meet and talk with in the wild west years in that AO; Wore what every the heck they wanted. Even a lot of the ranger crews we met, who tended to be a little more "uniform" still did there own thing for gear in country. How do you think the whole Merrell foot wear phenomenon started? Some guy snapped a shot of a few bro's on the trail doing there thing after a stop off at the AAFES trailer "We go every where you go!" Yeah and take $449 of the $450 they just paid us, lol! Some Joe and his bro's just said to F with the dam Altama's that make your feet hurt when new or the Belleville Boots that feel like boat anchors on your feet when muddy They put on some good hikers they bought at the BX/PX on some FOB and got the OK from their CO, Who's response to the question of; "Hey Sir is it cool if I go kick in some doors with these on because they make me faster on my feet?" CO says "Go kick butt young buck!" and really is not sweating the AR-76 on the fact his boys believe he cares more about Charlie Mic than, "What with the paper pusher in Battalion say?"

I guess what I'm saying is examples are cool, but to say this unit SF don't wear Louis Vuitton, they wear brand X is saying; SF follow a uniform regulation or that they don't wear gear they like because the other squad wears different gear. Hell even regular Joe in the sand box had every kind of sidearm holster you could think of obtainable from mail order. I had my Roscoe mounted in a drop leg I got from US Cav. No one said bing about it not being regulation. I sometimes read these "loadout" threads a little skeptical about the info on any country's SF is being presented as fact. Fact is I think it's the beauty of SF, they don't follow the rules they make them. Again, I'm not trying to pick an interwebZ fight, just running a thought of mine.

Edited by Special K

What Kinn is saying is that some of the stuff those guys are wearing are anachronisms - sure, SF could wear what they want - but there was stuff in those photos that would not have been available to them.

Example; The IBH. For the minute number of IBH's Dover actually produced, seeing that many all at once detracts from the authenticity.

Anyone can flog the "SF do what they want" line to make any piece of kit fit, but sometimes things don't look quite "right" whether they are plausible or not.

Edited by -Angel-

What Kinn is saying is that some of the stuff those guys are wearing are anachronisms - sure, SF could wear what they want - but there was stuff in those photos that would not have been available to them.

I read you LC when it comes to guys going for a Vietnam early 60's UDT with a PEQ on his M4 lol. Just when it comes to the blanket posts about this SF load out or that because of the pictures of one particular team, at one AO makes it the only way it should be portrayed. My example about the foot gear was a take on this post I read, bashing another because his Merrell were the wrong color and Rangers don't wear them and here is the picture of some Rangers wearing the correct Merrell's to prove it. That and some of the other rule sticks being waved because this guy or that who had a roommate, who had a friend that downloaded a picture once and that's the way it should be. Just makes me shrug sometimes. Was kind of bugging me, was not aimed at anyone person, nor am I trolling for a class A "interwebZ prove that guy wrong" kind of thing.

That said I do find it cool when people go for a look to go with their team or type of game being run.

Not to come off snooty, I was deployed end of 2002, all of 2003 and 2004 in Iraq. Most of the SF guys I had the honor to work with or just get the chance to meet and talk with in the wild west years in that AO; Wore what every the heck they wanted. Even a lot of the ranger crews we met, who tended to be a little more "uniform" still did there own thing for gear in country. How do you think the whole Merrell foot wear phenomenon started? Some guy snapped a shot of a few bro's on the trail doing there thing after a stop off at the AAFES trailer "We go every where you go!" Yeah and take $449 of the $450 they just paid us, lol! Some Joe and his bro's just said to F with the dam Altama's that make your feet hurt when new or the Belleville Boots that feel like boat anchors on your feet when muddy They put on some good hikers they bought at the BX/PX on some FOB and got the OK from their CO, Who's response to the question of; "Hey Sir is it cool if I go kick in some doors with these on because they make me faster on my feet?" CO says "Go kick butt young buck!" and really is not sweating the AR-76 on the fact his boys believe he cares more about Charlie Mic than, "What with the paper pusher in Battalion say?"

I guess what I'm saying is examples are cool, but to say this unit SF don't wear Louis Vuitton, they wear brand X is saying; SF follow a uniform regulation or that they don't wear gear they like because the other squad wears different gear. Hell even regular Joe in the sand box had every kind of sidearm holster you could think of obtainable from mail order. I had my Roscoe mounted in a drop leg I got from US Cav. No one said bing about it not being regulation. I sometimes read these "loadout" threads a little skeptical about the info on any country's SF is being presented as fact. Fact is I think it's the beauty of SF, they don't follow the rules they make them. Again, I'm not trying to pick an interwebZ fight, just running a thought of mine.

Special K, I understand completely what you are saying. Dont get me wrong, Im not one of those "pics or it didnt happen" or "they use only X, Y, and Z gear" type of guys. What I am saying is simply that I do not think the photos posted above look like SF guys in terms of the gear. I know SF guys tend to choose practical well functioning kit, some of which isnt always in photos. An example being Mayflower and Velocity Systems gear. From what I hear, it is extremely popular with SF, CAG, and SEALs, however you dont see a whole lot of pics of them using it. Personally, I really like the mayflower kit Ive gotten so far.