• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldish SF kit. Might be a little fantasy land, but whatever. All of it except the belt was picked up locally:

Needs an armor carrier and an AR

like the old stuff very much

LBT Rig is old gen. I guess. Silver Label?

1) No MARPAT.

2) Even if you do play fast games, maybe a few more pouches--Chem lights, radio, water, etc.

3) Ditch the hat.

I love my hat Ive had it from day one ! I always wear it lol Im not a helmet guy, I wear woodland marpat because it works well for my site.

Why no marpat mate ? but ye i do intend to add few more items to my vest like water radio etc

thanks fot the tips mate

Hats (at least recently) are not going to be commonly worn with a PC either, if you are wearing a plate for protection you are going to want a helmet for proper PPE, but you have a little wiggle room on that and can wear a hat(more than likely a baseball hat) if really want and still be within the impression. What I think you have made your kit off of is the "special forces wear what they want" idea which is wrong, take a look back in this thread and start identifying what people are kitted up with, there are things like MARPAT that Army Special Forces personelle just don't use.

Edited by frogfish

I love my hat Ive had it from day one ! I always wear it lol Im not a helmet guy, I wear woodland marpat because it works well for my site.

Why no marpat mate ? but ye i do intend to add few more items to my vest like water radio etc

thanks fot the tips mate

Just out of curiosity didn't you post this in the SEAL thread as a SEAL impression too? You do realize these are very different branches of the US Military with often very different equipment? If you want to stick with MARPAT, then stay in the SEAL thread or go to the USMC or FR thread and start basing your kit off of those kits for an impression, at least in the SEAL thread you can claim it's AOR2.

Otherwise just say your kit is what works for you, no need to go for an impression if you don't want to.

Edited by frogfish

binary that looks very lightweight and simple, any footage from the helmetcam?

Thanks! A little bit of footage but nothing too interesting. Here is some good footage from awhile ago though:

binary,

What sling are you using?

Padded VTAC

Here is how the JPC was set up:

img1104vz.jpg

img1106ly.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Kinn: The groin protector was something I picked up on few of the ref photos. Looked good to me :)

Atomic: PTW with 12" Madbull/JP front end. Slighty modified to accommodate front sight base and pins. Also has Eotech 551, G&P ANPEQ2, VTAC sling, Redimag, SF 6P and KAC VFG

Kinn: The groin protector was something I picked up on few of the ref photos. Looked good to me :)

Can you post them?

Ive seen them use groin protectors on their RAVs here and there. I say the groin protector is out of place since its an IBA one, which is a system they dont use, and I feel it detracts from the authenticity of your impression. But on the other hand, a Paraclete one...