• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People with more money than brains (generally airsofters too). Although with Transofrmers 1 being so popular and Crye gen1 stuff being so rare the combo made the stuff sell like hot cakes.

As for things like AOR1 it's highly regulated and people are obsessed with DevGru/ST6/(whatever they are now) and SEALs in general since UBL was killed. If Rangers, CAG, MARSOC, or AFSOC had done it I'm sure they would be equally as popular now.

Edited by frogfish

Blackjack: Yeah seems to be backwards. I've also placed my replica KAC front flip-up in similar fashion. IMO it allows slightly easier manipulation (faster to raise at least).

+ mysl1 has mounted the PEQ and EO so far front that it wouldn't fit unless it was kept up.

Edited by mrk

Personally I had no idea Crye had made Combat BDUs in DCU in the past for SF. For me, it's always been really evident that all the major events I was going to (Lion Claws etc) were consistently sticking to Tan vs Green (which makes sense for simplicity's sake). The woodland side wore either regular woodland BDUs for the main forces, or woodland MARPAT if they signed up as Marines. And tan wore DCUs for the main forces, or Desert MARPAT if they signed up as Marines. My crew have for years chosen to serve under Col. Danny McKnight, who always went as Tan, and we always stuck with DCU. About two years ago, I got fed up of asking UR-Tactical to make their style of combat BDUs in DCU, and on a trip back to HK, I found a local tailor to modify a couple of my DCU pants to accept Crye Combat pads using some 500D DCU material I bought. She even lined the inside of the pad area with felt so that the velcro under the hard caps on the Combat pads would lock the surrounding material in place. She also added the internal suspension straps to adjust the height of the pads and the elastic inside the pants around the back of the knee area to keep the pads in place. She did a decent job for as little money as she asked for it (it was a pretty big job since she had to split the pants open along the seams to get inside), and I was pretty happy with both pairs I got back. Still, they were more Gen 1 style Crye Combat Pants, and I've come to really like the Gen 3 Combat Pants fit a little more.

uscmcorpslcx01md.jpg

Having used these at several events now, I can definitely say I wouldn't want to go back to regular DCUs.

Ha, maybe. I've been asking them for going on 3-4 years now. Or maybe they're just now finally seeing a greater interest in that kind of product. I'll probably buy a set to T&E for my crew once they're in stock. Actually I'm headed to HK next month maybe I'll be able to check them out in person.

I know a guy in California that raid mods pants for like $30-40 IIRC... PM me if you want his contact info.

Will do. Installing panels for Crye Pads is a bit more involved than doing RAID mods. I'd be curious to see how much he'd charge. Thanks

Ha, maybe. I've been asking them for going on 3-4 years now. Or maybe they're just now finally seeing a greater interest in that kind of product. I'll probably buy a set to T&E for my crew once they're in stock. Actually I'm headed to HK next month maybe I'll be able to check them out in person.

Now if only they would do some US woodland....

Part of the problem with doing the pants in woodland is that the woodland pattern is so dark that the ranger green pads would be bright against it, and black pads aren't ideal either. They'd probably have to mold new pads that are a dark OD to look right, and that's kinda costly if not a lot of people buy it.

Part of the problem with doing the pants in woodland is that the woodland pattern is so dark that the ranger green pads would be bright against it, and black pads aren't ideal either. They'd probably have to mold new pads that are a dark OD to look right, and that's kinda costly if not a lot of people buy it.

Doesn't look too bad with tan pads.

pict4280.jpg

Edited by Nasty_TheYankWelshOne