• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All people told me about KAC flip-up LOL!!! I've choosed the magpul because it's very fast to deploy it (less than 1 second) and I see that KAC flip-up aren't so fast to deploy. Anyway, I thinks this could be one of those "operator's choice" things LOL!!!

@CKinnerley: Hey! I dindn't notice what you say. It's true, I have to forward a little the rear sight. Thanks for the advise!

Semi Correct early OEF SF impression:

P9150785.jpg

P9150787.jpg

P9150786.jpg

P9150788.jpg

Clothing:

-BDU top and DCU trousers

-Merrill MOAB Vent. Mids (not really accurate for the timeframe)

-Nomex flight gloves

-Tacticool Fishing hat

-Shemagh

1st Line:

-Civi Leather belt

-LBT Leg holster in Woodland with Glock 17

2nd line:

-PACA Armor carrier

-LBT 0290A Chest rig

-USGI Radio pouch

- U94 PTT with (not pictured) Bowman headset

3rd Line:

-LBT 1547a Ranger Ruck

Gat:

-Romanian AIM

Id suggest going with full DCUs and not mixing camo patterns.

M81/DCU mix works for an Afghan kit during the time period he is trying to do it in.

Nice kit,

I'd recommend Barbecuing the upper on the foregrip, and I'd also take some steel wool to the whole thing, remove some of that paint, and if you really want to look gangsta' put some metal studs in the stock as a decoration, then it looks like battlefield pickup.

Edited by frogfish

Most of the troops that I'd seen mixing their desert and woodland patterns have been British... a symptom of their not having enough full-desert DPMs to kit out their troops. I personally have never seen it with US troops (other than a few Marines with MARPAT uniforms and old BDU ECWCS).

Ah I may be mistaking British troops mixed in with US SF troops then as I have a pic somewhere that has some guys in DCU/PCU, and some in m81/DCU.

Now if only I could find it.

However this discussion seems oddly familiar...

EDIT: I do know there are some pics of SAD guys in mixed BDUs...not really Army SF though....

Edited by frogfish

I probably should have not mixed but I don't own a DCU shirt. I know I've seen SAD guys and AFSOC with mixed patterns, but your right, not to many Army SF. Worth a shot though....

The AK is actually alot more worn then it looks. Missing paint and various other things...

Most of the troops that I'd seen mixing their desert and woodland patterns have been British... a symptom of their not having enough full-desert DPMs to kit out their troops..

I know we don't have kit thrown at us , but mixed and matched is due to it worked well NOT we didn't have enuff kit .