• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My interpretation of Army SF 2010-11 (based off the CapEx pics)

sfloadout1.jpg

sfloadout2.jpg

Kit List

Mich 2000 - Ops Core NV mount and chin strap, velcro, bungee

Multicam Combat set by dragon red

Oakley Dessie boots (a bit old skool i know but i find them so comfy)

TT Molle Belt - Medi Kit, 10 speed mag pouch, rolly dumper, multi tool, safariland

HPC w/c - Various pouches

M4 Block 2

Glock

•  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Time to breath some life into this thread...

My HPC in it's current set-up (based on the Army SF CapEx pics from 2011 and 2012 with a few minor tweaks). I just finished putting it together in the last couple of days (although it was trialled at Stirling's Op VIKING last year).

DSC03758.jpg
DSC03759.jpg
DSC03760.jpg

Paraclete HPC w/CB
Paraclete shingle on a tearaway MOLLE panel (under CB)
Tactical Tailor Magna double pistol
Paraclete MBITR
FirstSpear double FB
FirstSpear single FB
Camelbak Pakteen
TYR Tactical Micro SOF IFAK
Paraclete small GP
FirstSpear armour carrier shoulder pads
Carabiner
VIP strobe
U94 PTT
IR chem light

I've got one of the velcro-fronted/MOLLE-rear Paraclete shingles, and initially I had planned on getting it modded with velcro on the rear; however one of my team mates had a velcro-backed MOLLE panel going spare so I'm using that. The shingle is mounted onto the MOLLE panel, which is then attached under the cummerbund with the velcro. If I could find somewhere, or someone who could mod the shingle then I'd probably get it modded so that I could ditch the MOLLE panel; but for now it works so I'm not that fussed.

• 1 month later...

I'm obsessed with CAG loadouts and this thread is almost dangerous for my wallet...not even joking lol. What do you guys suggest for cammies these days? I've been out of the game for a while and while I liked the desert/woodland combo for looks AND because my current rig matches it better I saw Multicam and then ATACS and then some other *suitcase* and now I'm like fffuuuuuuuu :o Of course I could just stick with what I have, buy a *suitcase* ton of Paraclete and be all like The Unit (I loved that show BTW). But I've got myself a low profile helmet already which makes it for some reason temping to go all out with an OMGSUPERSECRETDELTAFORCEZ modern load out...

Crye multicam ACs. AC aor1 was/is in use a bit, but the most recent pics are a couple years old. I don't know what you mean by "low profile helmet" but the Crye Airframe is what is in use right now.

Here is some of my kit for my 2011/2012ish CAG impression

Sorry should be more detailed, low profile I mean like a MICH 2001 or even 2002 (with less ear protection for comms versus standard helmets) or in my case an IBH which is great but is more DEVGRU than CAG but I imagine its POSSIBLE some lone SF/CAG operator bummed one...Who knows. the Crye Airframe is all the rage now in general for that "special ops" look. Anyways, is that a FAPC plate carrier or an HPC?

Edited by nateo200

No, an IBH just won't cut it for a CAG kit. There were only a few hundred of those ever in existence and they were rejected after testing by Navy SEALs. That was years ago already and it just isn't logical that anyone would be wearing one within the last few years. Stick with a 2002 or airframe for a CAG kit. 

The plate carrier in my pic is a Crye JPC.

Anyone have some pictures of SF in DOAVs? I used to have a bunch but my external HD crashed.

Admittedly these aren't the best quality pics, but they're all I could find amongst my many reference pics that clearly show DOAVs (I've the odd one that might be a DOAV but they're too small to be 100% sure about):

a_del01.jpg

a_sfp01-1.jpg

24_G.jpg

b_sfp02.jpg

c_sfp01.jpg

sfp2.jpg

All taken in the Philippines post 9/11.

No, an IBH just won't cut it for a CAG kit. There were only a few hundred of those ever in existence and they were rejected after testing by Navy SEALs. That was years ago already and it just isn't logical that anyone would be wearing one within the last few years. Stick with a 2002 or airframe for a CAG kit. 

The plate carrier in my pic is a Crye JPC.

it was actually a new style of helmet for pilots from what i heard but the Airforce and Navy denied it for their pilots and they let the SEALs have fun with them. like 733 or something of them made. All the sources ive read vary about the story. whatever but its still not impossible...i mean ive seen some weird recycled gear in officicial photos. Still im thinking about a 2001 or airframe but i do like my IBH allot, just needs better pads and straps.

Not at all, ILC Dover was attempting to make comms adaptable ballistic helmet at the request of what essentially was JSOC and several other top-tier counter terrorism units. Only 714 were ever made (all in 1997) and they were rejected because ILC Dover could not produce the volume required at a low enough cost to make them easily field-able as compared to modifications to the already existant MICH project (you have to remember this was in between the Gulf and Iraqi wars so funding was almost non-existent). The largest volume of the initial run of IBHs actually ended up with FBI HRT, and have been seen in use with them until very recently (last 5 or so years).

The IBH was ahead of its time, an advanced ballistic material that was lighter than everything on the market and a cut that covered more of the users head without restricting movement, laying the foundation for the FAST Ballistic.

I haven't seen any in the wild within the past few years with the exception of the one in Act of Valor, but I know for a fact several of the Team guys used specific pieces of kit just to mess with airsofters and geardos, what kit that was I do not know... but the IBH smells of this.

Edited by frogfish