Crye multicam ACs. AC aor1 was/is in use a bit, but the most recent pics are a couple years old. I don't know what you mean by "low profile helmet" but the Crye Airframe is what is in use right now.

Here is some of my kit for my 2011/2012ish CAG impression

0012_zpsaabab6d8.jpg

OK, so I sincerely apologize if this is off-topic.

First, what's the belt with the rubber bands and tube? I ask because I've been trying to figure out stuff on a Ghost Recon (hey, it's SF's, right? :o)) vest that doesn't really exist, and I've got pretty much everything down, except that little part (which I'm sure some of you will be able to point me in the right direction), and the following (circled in red):

grvest.jpg

It looks like part of the vest, and maybe a sort of PTT?

Some great pics on this thread.

Fox.

Edited by Fox62
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(hey, it's SF's, right? :o))

Its US Army SF like Republic Commandos of the Galatic Senate are US Army SF.

It could literally be anything from a shoulder mounted anti armor rocket launcher to duct tape covering some loose fabric.

Edited by frogfish

Yep, thanks a bunch!

Its US Army SF like Republic Commandos of the Galatic Senate are US Army SF.

It could literally be anything from a shoulder mounted anti armor rocket launcher to duct tape covering some loose fabric.

Not really, I think it's something that exists (like the VIP light, the tourniquet), as 90% of the gear they have, and most is in use by SOFs, that's why I posted it here.

Fox.

Yep, thanks a bunch!

Not really, I think it's something that exists (like the VIP light, the tourniquet), as 90% of the gear they have, and most is in use by SOFs, that's why I posted it here.

Fox.

I think it's an extrapolation of an idea such as this, from the Future Force Warrior concepts...

Army.mil-2006-10-04-091542.jpg

Probably some sort of processor or comms for all the integrated sensors/electronics.  Regardless, I think it's a semi-imaginary techno-nubbin.  Certainly nothing I've ever seen actually fielded, although it doesn't look SUPER far off from a wireless version of a Silynx system or something.

I think it's an extrapolation of an idea such as this, from the Future Force Warrior concepts...

Probably some sort of processor or comms for all the integrated sensors/electronics.  Regardless, I think it's a semi-imaginary techno-nubbin.  Certainly nothing I've ever seen actually fielded, although it doesn't look SUPER far off from a wireless version of a Silynx system or something.

Yep, looks just like that. Just like I thought, pretty much a techno-PTT.

Thanks a bunch for taking me seriously :P

Fox.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

75th Ranger Regiment-esque, Doorkicker edition

9051515765_66cf312cce.jpg
DSC_7958 by Helix R.I., on Flickr

9051504581_d1bf1b3d0f.jpg
DSC_7960 by Helix R.I., on Flickr

Boomsticks
ICS mk18 block2 - PEQ-15 w/ IR-laser, m600c, Halo Suppressor, Eotech 553
mk.23 - .45 Suppressor
Law72 - PEQ-15 w/ IR Laser
Boltcutters

Gear
Gen3 MC Uniform
RRV w/ Paca
Mich 2000 w/ Norotos INVG, Dovetail mount, PVS-14 Gen3 Omni7 FG, Wilcox Amber & LIF Filters