• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seraphein really good job!! An impressive photoshoot. But you should to be banned for being too cool! hahaha!!

To all (Seraphein, mysl1, skyflash) really good men! I like your impressions.

Finally my old-school delta based impression will be near to be finished this week or next. When I receive al the stuff wich is coming, It only lefts to got the 1911 LA Vickers custom, the surefire 610R and the tac v-10 from pantac (I´ve seen the photos and it looks great!!) Luckly, the AWS Strike vest in black color arrived at home a couple of weeks ago LOL!

I´ll hope to post some photos on a few days!

As promissed some photos of my WIP Old school (98-01) delta impression. Sorry for the background and the quality in some photos!

delta15.jpg

delta16.jpg

delta17.jpg

delta11.jpg

delta13.jpg

KITLIST:

- DCU RAID

- Chiruca Alcon Tactical Boots (similar to the magnum) black color

- Hatch Knee Pads

- OD Nomex Flight Gloves

- Pantac duty belt black color (to be replaced by LC I Belt with two quarter canten pouches and buttpack)

- Pantac Rescue Belt black color

- Safariland 3004 for 1911 + surefire 610r

- Gem-tech retention pistol lanyard (I know, it´s totally outdated)

- Guarder Gas Mask Thight pouch OD color

- Pantac PT-1 Body Armor Black color with soft inserts and plates

- AWS Strike Vest

- KA Commando Chest Harness woodland

- LBT 1547A OD

- M4 MRE + Surefire classic 660 + AN/PEQ-2A + vtac 2 point sling + KAC VFG

Thing to add:

- EI SAS .223 Double FB thight pouc OD (arrived last week)

- IBH helmet black color (ordered)

- COMP M2 + Mount (ordered)

- IR filter for surefire classic 660 (ordered)

- TASC I Headset + TCI type PTT + saber (dummy) radio

- ANVIS MOUNT + BATERY PACK

- EI SAS Dump pouch OD or BLACK

- Springfield Armory 1911A1 Operator L.A Vickers Custom

- Surefire classic 610r

- MS2000 Strobe light

- MOAR MAGAZINES!!!!

Is that really an AWS chest rig? Looks a lot more like a Blackhawk or possibly Eagle Ind. one. I cant recall AWS making one like that. The one that AWS made has 3 M4 mag pouches, and 2 MBITR pouches.

That 3004 is a pretty sweet touch though!!! :D

Edited by Sgt. Kinnaird
Is that really an AWS chest rig? Looks a lot more like a Blackhawk or possibly Eagle Ind. one. I cant recall AWS making one like that. The one that AWS made has 3 M4 mag pouches, and 2 MBITR pouches.

yeah, It's an AWS Strike Chest Rig, I have one with the AWS tag and It holds 4 M4 mags

My AWS

img7412large.jpg

img7413large.jpg

My Woodland BHI DOAV and Safariland for 1911

img7414large.jpg

Edited by Choosker

Cool place, can't really see the point about those blue lights switched on your SF helmet lights though... As for the confederate flag, you earlier stated it was aesthetical, but I think it just brings a lot of PD to your rig, even if it isn't intended to be an impression.

That aside, cool photos and location.

Cool place, can't really see the point about those blue lights switched on your SF helmet lights though... As for the confederate flag, you earlier stated it was aesthetical, but I think it just brings a lot of PD to your rig, even if it isn't intended to be an impression.

adding a "personal" touch takes away from an impression? I really don't think so... As far as Confederate flags, go, I've seen Mil wear 'em.

Amazing! AWS chestrig combo looks killer! + for having a delta beard :P

I personally prefer paraclete concealment carrier over pantac bodyarmor. They cost around 90$ so it's not "expensive".

MRE begs for eotech 551 with larue mount :P

Hahaha!!! Thanks mysl1!! The delta beard is the best :P I know that the paraclete is a cheap armor, but on this timeline (98-01) they still using the PT-1. Paraclete gear started to be used since 2001-2002. I´ve got some pics from 2000-2001 with EO551 in use, but the COMP M2 was used too. As I say, one COMP M2 (repro) is coming with a mount base for the carry handle. Also a cheekpiece will be installed LOL!

The VTAC 2pt sling is a bit outdated, isn't?

Choosker is totally outdated, I know I need and older two point sling.

I'd like to see that second kit that's all black with M81's. :)

For sure, but not all in black, LBT1547A and EI SAS .223 FB pouch will be in OD LOL!

As choosker said, the AWS strike vest hold 4 m4 mags. The one I have, also, is an operator custom... and it´s a "*suitcase*" because the operator was thiner than me and he cut the chest straps, so I couldn´t use the fwd plate because the rig places too up, hahahaha!!!!!!! LOL!!!

For the 3004 it´s my favourite but it feels soooooo lonely!!! hahaha!!! On Oct 16th is my birthday so if anyone of you wants to make me a present... LOL!!!!!

Thanks to all!!!

I think the MRE is outdated too for a 2001 impression, in 98 we could saw some MRE like handguards, but unrailed, maybe a KAC MRE ancestror, don't know the manufacturer, but the railed one was made after 2002 IIRC.

Matfar as usual you are right. Till 2002 the MRE doesn´t exist. The one used was very similar to the MK12 Mod0 handguard, but it´s very similar to the MRE. I was looking for a similar handguard, but is really hard to find.

The correct gun for this impression/loadout could be a M4 RIS or an M933 as I read on some books

Regards!

Edited by CoolHeart_ASN

@ hispeed, seraphein, mysl1 and others:

obviously tri-colour and acu are the ways forward for special forces loadouts BUT could one go for a PCU level 5 jacket in acu or grey or perhaps a LEVEL 4 windshirt in grey as an top and say tri-colour bottoms??

cheers

oh and sa-weet photos to all!!

@ hispeed, seraphein, mysl1 and others:

obviously tri-colour and acu are the ways forward for special forces loadouts BUT could one go for a PCU level 5 jacket in acu or grey or perhaps a LEVEL 4 windshirt in grey as an top and say tri-colour bottoms??

cheers

oh and sa-weet photos to all!!

The way forward? I'd recommend an AOR1/2 set-up; USMC desert and woodland MARPAT would be easier to get. I'd really like to see a digital desert/woodland set-up in here or the SEAL threads. Everyone has incredible gear and set-ups, but I've mostly seen M81 woodland, DCU, ACU or Multicam. I've yet to see digital BDU's for a more modern SOF/USSOCOM set-up, although the aforementioned patterns are still used . I'm still putting something together. As for a PCU L5 jacket/L4 windshirt with DCU (tri-color desert), go for it. Its been done-I've pics of that set-up.