cheers hispeed. much thanks. reckon you could post here or pm the pics you mention? I have been following this thread for a while but still you and your american acronyms mean nothing to me!!! ( i kid i kid just teasing on the acronyms jib :P ) AOR 1/2? gee what a *bleeping* noob!

and +1 on the epic loadouts!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously tri-colour and acu are the ways forward for special forces loadouts BUT could one go for a PCU level 5 jacket in acu or grey or perhaps a LEVEL 4 windshirt in grey as an top and say tri-colour bottoms??

IMHO I'd say no. I have just trawled through my SF folder and can't find a single pic that shows a DCU/PCU combo in use. There have been some recent photos of ACU trousers and PCU Lvl 5 jackets being worn, like this one of 3rd SFG(A) at Exercise Southbound Trooper IX:

3rdSFGatExSouthboundTrooperIX05.jpg

Another was from March 2009 when 10th SFG(A) conducted training alongside Romanian and Hungarian SOF:

SFtrainingROMandHUNforcesinMOUTS-4.jpg

Generally, pics of SF feature full ACU/DCU/M81 woodland or even Multicam - I'm not saying that DCU/PCU might not happen, however I've yet to see any pics to corroborate the combo (other than pics featuring SEALs that is).

The way forward? I'd recommend an AOR1/2 set-up; USMC desert and woodland MARPAT would be easier to get. I'd really like to see a digital desert/woodland set-up in here or the SEAL threads. Everyone has incredible gear and set-ups, but I've mostly seen M81 woodland, DCU, ACU or Multicam. I've yet to see digital BDU's for a more modern SOF/USSOCOM set-up, although the aforementioned patterns are still used . I'm still putting something together. As for a PCU L5 jacket/L4 windshirt with DCU (tri-color desert), go for it. Its been done-I've pics of that set-up.

I'd been keen - and I'm sure everyone else would be too - to see any pics of SF wearing digital camo (other than the usual ones in ACU), and even more interested in any DCU/PCU combo pics if you could post them.

ATOMIC thank you for the pics and helpful words. Hispeed...seriously, pics please <_< i joke i joke :P

EDIT:

oh and has anyone got any feedback on sizings of the PCU level 5/level 4, for example did anyone find the jacket was sixed as a large but felt a bit snug or bigger than expected etc. cheers

Edited by greensta
ATOMIC thank you for the pics and helpful words. Hispeed...seriously, pics please <_< i joke i joke :P

EDIT:

oh and has anyone got any feedback on sizings of the PCU level 5/level 4, for example did anyone find the jacket was sixed as a large but felt a bit snug or bigger than expected etc. cheers

Durr-I must be getting old, to correct my earlier post as others have commented, PCU L4/5 jacket with DCU pants reference pic were US Navy SEAL's, sorry. Here's another option also: Peckam ECWCS Gen 3 jacket on top of ACU pants. You can get them new for a good price on eGey. As for digital desert/woodland, aka AOR1/2-I only have a few pics of US Navy SEAL AOR1 gear by Crye Precision-BDU, combat shirt and but no woodland yet. As for US SF, I haven't seen any pics of them with AOR1/2 yet, just with ACU lately. I hope we see some training pics or actual op pics, I guess its too new in their gear pipeline. But we just have to wait, I remember ranting about their MK18's (M4 CQBR Block 2-i still do) before, and now we have pics of it...

Edited by Hispeed1
HiSpeed I will have SF/SEALs Kits based off of my Desert Digi, give me a week or so to get pics. Its not the best b/c my head is huge and cant get a helmet that fits. I might go for a MICH 2001 Repo.

Nice, finally. You can also use one of those tactical caps also. Maybe you can put on some SF-ish gear on your desert digi and post in here too, like EPC, etc. That would be cool.

Cool, IMO the last loadout claims SEAL a lot...

The W117C for 1911 was Delta-aproved? (yeah I know, the most known is the SF610r, but it's almost impossible get one)

I know choosker!! that´s the reason whicho I don´t like this setup LOL!!!

It´s very possible that I sell the 1195, hahaha!!!

@Binary: thank you for the info, i guess im just trying to save myself some money and buy the level 4 rather than the level 5 as on eGay they are lot cheaper. thank you anyways.

@swiftsilentdeadly: thank you for the pic! is it me or are those DCU's really baggy? (looks like hes grabbing the guys nuts! *no dont touch them, there not explosive...honest*

Edited by greensta

Seraphien, I´m starting to hate you!! LOL!!! :D

Really good looking photos. Totally real deal for me.

And now, some fresh news... pantac has released his TAC-V10 vest in OD. I´ll hope that they do the same with a black one version. It got some issues, but is a 99% quality clone from the original

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=27739

Regards!

Edited by CoolHeart_ASN