• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, Im slowly piecing together kit for a modern Green Berets impression (RBAV etc.). However, I have not been able to find recent (read: after the National Geographic documentary) media of Green Beret gunners. Would a M249 Para with RIS, improved stock etc. still be appropriate or would a Mk46/SPW be required?

Last pic I've come across featuring a M249. Has a Para outer barrel, feed cover with RIS and lower RIS fitted. Unknown stock.

7thSFGAstaticdisplayatFtBragg01.jpg

A Special Forces Soldier with 1st Bn., 7th Special Forces group speaks to a group of Fire fighters from Nassau County, New York about the various weapons used by an Operational Detachment-Alpha Dec. 3, 2009 at Fort Bragg, N.C. The fire fighters made their annual trip to Fort Bragg to donate gifts to wounded Soldeirs for the holidays as part of their charity Nassau County Fire Fighters Operation Wounded Warrior. (Photo by Sgt. 1st Class Jason B. Baker)

Hey guys I'm thinking about starting to put a Army SF kit together. I was wondering if the kit list below would be ok for an impression. Please feel free to make suggestions.

-Woodland tricolor or Desert Raid modded BDUs

-Eagle Industries Plate Carrier in Ranger Green with Ranger Green EMDOM pouches, I also have an LBT9019A and blackhawk CRCH.

-MICH 2001 or OD ballcap

- Blackhawk Duty belt in od

- Dropleg/ Molle mounted SERPA for a glock 17

Weapons

- Clasic Army CQBR with a Surefire 6P, EOTech, KAC vert grip, and KAC QD suppresor.

- Tokyo Marui Glock 17

That's all I can think of right now, but please add suggestions becasue this will be my first actual military based impression aside form some of my PMC styled kits.

Edited by AZN KID
Hey guys I'm thinking about starting to put a Army SF kit together. I was wondering if the kit list below would be ok for an impression. Please feel free to make suggestions.

-Woodland tricolor or Desert Raid modded BDUs

-Eagle Industries Plate Carrier in Ranger Green with Ranger Green EMDOM pouches, I also have an LBT9019A and blackhawk CRCH.

-MICH 2001 or OD ballcap

- Blackhawk Duty belt in od

- Dropleg/ Molle mounted SERPA for a glock 17

That's all I can think of right now, but please add suggestions becasue this will be my first actual military based impression aside form some of my PMC styled kits.

Um... A few questions raised by the kit you've listed:

1. Plate Carrier or Plate Carrier with Cummerbund?

2. Time frame? Location?

3. Direct Action (door kicking) or Special Reconnaissance?

Quite a few of the recent pics I've seen of Army SF have had them in ACU's with ACU Paraclete gear. But you can probably do whatever. Just take the inspiration and add what works for you. There are tons of real loadouts we haven't seen and just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean they don't use it.

It's The plate Carrier with Cummerbund. Time Frame I'm not really sure, location Afghanistan. Direct action is what I'm looking for.

Okay. As was mentioned by MI2 MJK is the way to go (nothing worse than having some noob mistake your SF impression for a Ranger impression). SF are still popping up in pics wearing DCU and M81 depending on where they're operating in Afghanistan, so you can use either; MJK goes well with both. In terms of pouches I'd stick with MJK or maybe even add the odd pouch in a different colour to break the rig up a little. A MICH 2000 would be better suited as these are more commonly seen in the pics, but there is a pic recently posted of a 2001 being used so you could get away it (pg 23).

SF are using Glocks but I'm not sure if it's the 17. Does anyone actually know out of curiosity? A M9 might be better suited, holstered in either a drop leg (Safariland 6004), belt-mounted (BHI CQC Serpa) or even chest-mounted (6004, Serpa or G-Code) holster.

The CQBR is a good base - it's currently my weapon of choice for my SF impression - to which I'd add a PEQ-15, VFG, weapon light (SF probably) and an EoTech 553 or even a 552.