• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks MT. Yes they are custom tailored by local tailor. We gave him all the material + real deal crye gen.2 set and after two weeks he was done. Every little detail is copied(seams etc.). They are 1:1 copies of cryes gen.2. Although we had our own personal changes like stretching fabric(we wanted khaki instead of brown. Either brown was too dark or stretching fabric wasnt strong enough), field elbow pads to combat shirts and I wanted brown undershirt to my combat shirt. Call it operator preference.

that is really a sweet pic. I have never seen the magpul xtm rail panels, the aimpoint t1, the afg, or those mag pouches on any us soldier. do you guys suspect that they were individually purchased by the soldier? is so, I didn't know that they would be allowed to. I thought that they were mainly restricted to issued gear.

I'm building a new upper for my PTW and thought about this

aak.jpg

The problem is that I don't know what barrel and gas block. Currently I'm leaning towards 10.3" barrel but that gas block remains mystery to me. At first I thought about L119A1 FSB with sight sawed off but I can't see no bayonet lug on that thing and I don't think that L119A1 FSB is that long.

that is really a sweet pic. I have never seen the magpul xtm rail panels, the aimpoint t1, the afg, or those mag pouches on any us soldier. do you guys suspect that they were individually purchased by the soldier? is so, I didn't know that they would be allowed to. I thought that they were mainly restricted to issued gear.

Read Roughneck Nine-One by Frank Antenori and Hans Halberstadt - there's a bit in it that gives excellent detail on how Army SF purchase their 'non-standard' kit prior (specifically in relation to Operation Iraqi Freedom).