Hmm, I'd say a standard 1911 works better than a Glock, though an M9 would be best. Older model 6004 Safariland instead of the Serpa. No morale/funny patches on the chestrig. Maybe generally no patches other than Flag, for the bloodtype use a marker pen.

Biggest changes should be to your rifle.

Peq was already mentioned, also replace the

-trigger guard > standard one

-flip up front sight > standard triangular sight post

-magpul grip > M16A2 one

-LE-stock > Colt 6 position one

Generalls, she should looke like this:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s62/Chevieblazer/Img_0021-4.jpg

(Upper one)

Painted or not...If you really want to go for a reenactment or battle display look, paint her to lose the KAC markings

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for a kit list heres what it is:

First line:

Alice Belt

Dual .45 mag pouches

203 shell pouch, will add a 203 to my gun at some point.

Serpa 1911 holster

BCS soft armor carrier

Second Line:

SKS Chicom rig

EI frag pouch (custom attached to chicom rig)

2x Icom F4S Radios, w/ handmic

OD Shemag

Third line:

CamelBak MULE

Thats basically it. I would like to change out the boonie hat for some sort of hat/helmet, can I get away with a Mich 2001 w/ strobe?

Serpas werent around back then. I would also suggest getting an M9. BCS armor carriers werent around back then either. Id go with a Ceradyne SPEAR BALCS vest (SF version), PBPV, PBPV II, AWS DA truama armor or a Paraclete RAV. You could use chicom, but Id suggest looking into other vests/chest rigs that were around at the time (SPEAR ELCS, AWS SF chest rig, SOE vests, BHI DOAV etc.)

Id go with a MICH 2000 for this time period if you are going for regular Army SF.

The rifle was a stand in, I'm currently working on one of my PTW uppers that will be a Block I setup, and I will conform it to how you suggested.

As for the armor carriers I will look into those asap.

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll post pictures up when progress has been made

What would it take for my Kit to be transfered to a post 9/11 Army SF kit?

Post 9/11 is rather a broad timescale - any particular year or years in mind? That would be a start, as it would allow a much more tailored response. That said, there's already been a few good pointers so far - M9 over 1911, less tactical-looking chest rig (3 cell Chicom would be fine on it's own), ditch the MULE... if going for say an '01 dated loadout.

US Army SF, Kandahar province-Astn, JSOTF-South. Dated 6 March 2011 (US Army/DOD pic by SPC Daniel Shook)

*Note: helmet, LAW, *M4 CQBR Block II/MK 18*

Interesting photo. It almost looks like hes carrying a LBT-1562A as well...it'd be pretty cool if he was, you dont see a whole lot of photo's of the Medics.

its AOR1 not marpat

I think it's a modded FROG top(look at the collar area)

That looks real good skyflash, what made you want to remove the cummerbund?

In he picture of the guy with a prosthetic leg, the guy had the cummerbund off. It looks like he was trying to replicate that somewhat.

img6532.jpg

Ops-Core Helmet

ContourHD

MPLS

Norotos AKA2

Crye JPC

Paraclete Double 9mm (for VS17 and multitool - could go to admin)

Crye 300d GP Pouch (have some misc *suitcase* in there, could move to pockets as well)

VIP Strobe

Centerline CAT TQ

2x Paraclete bangers on back

EOTech

Surefire Scout on S&S Precision Light Mount

PEQ15

Crye Multicam Combats

Petzl gloves

workin on my u s loadout ... keep in mind i play fast games so never carry what i dont need ..

advice

for adding a bit more detail give it that realistic look .... needa new pair combats as you can see they are washed out lol

1) No MARPAT.

2) Even if you do play fast games, maybe a few more pouches--Chem lights, radio, water, etc.

3) Ditch the hat.