No idea, I've seen them on Arnies before but turned this one up on a google search (will have to find it when I get home).

Thing is the bloke isn't wearing a sidearm, just a chicom, riggers belt and DCUs (very high speed low drag).

I was hoping a safariland would be kosher, but any idea on mag pouches? I can't find anything that looks era or military for .45 mags on ebay.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers man do you mean the eagle molle ones with the kydex inserts?

Flyye make repros of those so if I can get away with them that's a great cheap option.

WIP kitlist atm then is

DCUS

Chicom

Sturdy boots.

Pilots gloves.

Dropleg safariland.

3x double EI kydex 45 copies.

FDNY ballcap or pakol.

Shemagh.

M4A1.

Edited by spetsnazdave87

Is it this one? Posting a few of my other favorite SF pics.

5721445206_5714f3a15e_z.jpg

5720886745_76d72b7f07_z.jpg

5720886877_0710ae6dec_z.jpg

Info for pic above ^

Gen. David H. Petraeus, commander of NATO and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan, visits the 1-16th Infantry 2nd Battalion at Qalat Mangwal, Afghanistan, during a battlefield circulation, May 8. ISAF, in support of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, conducts operations in Afghanistan to reduce the capability and will of the insurgency, support the growth in capacity and capability of the Afghan National Security Forces, and facilitate improvements in governance and socio-economic development, in order to provide a secure environment for sustainable stability that is observable to the population. (Photo by U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer Joshua Treadwell) (Released)

5720922797_f951b0751d_z.jpg

Edited by Mr Foxhound

I know the ones you mean, the guy in the sleeveless t-shirt with an epic beard?

Cheers man do you mean the eagle molle ones with the kydex inserts?

Flyye make repros of those so if I can get away with them that's a great cheap option.

Yeh, those are the ones. They'd be easily available for them, so it would make sense that they'd be used.

Edited by -Angel-

I'm trying to limit my ammo use by not carrying my usual shedload of magazines :P mainly because I'm fed up of spending thirty minutes reloading 20 mids!

Carrying 4 in the chicom, 1 in the rifle, 6 spares for the secondary on the belt. Nice tip on the SKS rig though, like the idea of that.

Angel I think the pics of that guy were part of the set I saw, yeah... beard is making prgress but nowhere near as epic at the moment :P

Edited by spetsnazdave87
Hey guys what would be a legit dump pouch and butt pack type for the same 2001-02 era?

Would a woodland alice buttpack and a flyye roll-up type be kosher?

Good question, I don't recall seeing many butt packs being worn in the SF pics that I've got from Afghanistan around that timeframe - personally I would go with something like the UM-21 SPEAR buttpack as it would have been the 'issue' one at the time. An ALICE/LC-1 one would be a good alternative however. As for a dump pouch, in the sense that we now know them I'd say that this would have been unheard of for 2001-02. I would go with a drop leg pouch instead, to serve as a dump pouch - something like the BHI STRIKE Drop Leg pouch or BHI Omega Gas Mask pouch maybe.

ODA-574 I believe...

c_sfa24.jpg