Pics of your Airsoft Vehicles

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me want badly with a halo armor

whats ur basic car u used??

is the rest metal?? (the outer edge is i can c that clearly)

details i needsssss more details :crazy:

anyways i love it

but u need a minigun man

Edited by fyurian
me want badly with a halo armor

whats ur basic car u used??

is the rest metal?? (the outer edge is i can c that clearly)

details i needsssss more details :crazy:

anyways i love it

but u need a minigun man

The basic vehicle is a Land Rover Defender 110. The main body is fibreglass reinforced with plywood. We are working on the M41 LAAG now.

I'm pretty sure you can't.

From what I recall, you can't own any current military aircraft.

Beyond that, you'd need to be rated for it before you could fly it an unless you were also a military pilot you're not gonna be able to do that.

The avionics would be restricted items and a modern jety is almost unflyable without them.

To put all this in perspective, enthusiasts still have a helluva job jumping through the required hoops to purchase an F4 phantom and fly it.

I figure you live there because that's where you were born.

Two SU-27s are currently available for private sale in demilitarized form through Pride Aircraft of Rockford, Illinois. They will in addition to helping you maintain the aircraft also help you obtain your license to fly one. All legal and well within U.S. law.

The SU-27 is a modern current front-line military fourth generation aircraft in service around the world.

That's fact.

Edited by MinisterofDeath

I can say for a fact that you cannot own an F-15 without some very significant modifications being made to it. I know because my dad is currently working for a military museum (privately owned) and was responsible for bringing an F-15 they recently bought back from Florida. It was decommissioned to the point that it would take tremendous work to get it flying again. He said it wouldn't necessarily be IMPOSSIBLE, but it would certainly take a lot of expertise and a lot more money. If anybody wants, I have some funny photos of them hauling it through small-town USA on a trailer bed. I'm sure they got some real funny looks...

Two SU-27s are currently available for private sale in demilitarized form through Pride Aircraft of Rockford, Illinois. They will in addition to helping you maintain the aircraft also help you obtain your license to fly one. All legal and well within U.S. law....

http://www.prideaircraft.com/specialproject.htm

"Owning" current generation military hardware is not illegal. There's a big difference between what might be removed from a demilitarized or decomissioned U.S. aircraft and what is legal to possess and can be obtained from other sources.

The biggest hassle is flying it--my understanding is that most high-performance privately owned military jets must have every flight approved in advance by the FAA.

Speaking of decommisioned war craft, I think the Navy is still offering this guy for free to a good home.

Now that I recall, I believe there was some fluke that allowed him to purchase an F-15 which was slated to be destroyed or something, and the government did come and take it back and destroy it.

*snip*

I figure you live there because that's where you were born.

Doesn't mean he can't leave...

Now that I recall, I believe there was some fluke that allowed him to purchase an F-15 which was slated to be destroyed or something, and the government did come and take it back and destroy it.

Doesn't mean he can't leave...

Completely up and leaving the country one was born in, and has citizenship in, is one heck of an undertaking, and usually one involving amounts of money most people are not willing to pay.

Besides that, I think you are missing Stealths point, in that he lives in the US because he was born there, not because of the freedoms offered. It's not like a baby gets to choose what country they reside in, how much money they have, where their parents live, etc.

nice looking lightweight steel (no emails telling me you finished it tho bad man! lol)

my truck at its first game last year sometime

IMG_2723_620x465.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

07 war and peace

ST2_4768.jpg

08 war and peace

i cant find my 09 pics lol but its my 12 year at war and peace next year and hopefully my S2a 88" 1964 should be finished aswell and possibly a S2a ambulance aswell who knows lol

also on the look out for a mk1 ferret if anyone knows where there is one as i am trying to gauge price as milweb as good as it is doesnt give that great a image of prices lol

Edited by WYATT666
Completely up and leaving the country one was born in, and has citizenship in, is one heck of an undertaking, and usually one involving amounts of money most people are not willing to pay.

Besides that, I think you are missing Stealths point, in that he lives in the US because he was born there, not because of the freedoms offered. It's not like a baby gets to choose what country they reside in, how much money they have, where their parents live, etc.

I got his point. I was just saying, he is at liberty to leave if he wants. However, it would appear he likes living hear. Perhaps it would have been a little more politically correct (or something lame like that) to say "that's why I love living here" or something.

I guess this pic belongs here...

:P

That's really cool.

So I actually talked to the old man about this and it turns out I had the story wrong. The F-15 they got had the turbines removed, but only because they didn't want them because of the weight. He said if they wanted to spend the time and money they would have no problems legally refurbishing the Eagle to flying condition. The only things removed from it by government policy were sensitive electronics (radar, fire control) and weapons.

He said they're working on picking up some A-10s next that are still in flying condition. Maybe I'll ask him to buzz the field. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...