The Mechwarrior thread

WhutJP

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! THERE IS A GOD! Plus the fact it's made by Fasa Smith & Tinker just makes it a whole lot better. Infact for the first time in a while I can finally say.

I can't wait for this game.

Also the advert was cool but PPC's in CQB? lol wat?

[edit] Just noticed the flags on the Street looks like it might be a Davion/Stiener conflict. But the 'protagonist' seems to be in a Loki IIRC.

:bounce: *has mechgasm*

I think I may have to buy a new computer...

Angel: sidestick on one side, throttle quadrant on the other and pedals for torso twist - only way to do it! ;)

Re the vid: Daft bugger, from that range he should have been able to take that Atlas' head clean off with one of those PPC's...

omg omg omg OMG OMG OMG YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

*goes rabid with joy*

*does the same as punky*

I knew it! I knew they'd make another! YES!

OMG it looks amazing. I went wide-eyed when the Atlas showed up.

Awwwww....3015? That puts it well before the Clan invasion. Inner Sphere weapons suck.

Also looks like 'Mechs take damage like in Mechwarrior 2, that's nice. MW2 was amazing.

*does the same as punky*

I knew it! I knew they'd make another! YES!

OMG it looks amazing. I went wide-eyed when the Atlas showed up.

Awwwww....3015? That puts it well before the Clan invasion. Inner Sphere weapons suck.

Also looks like 'Mechs take damage like in Mechwarrior 2, that's nice. MW2 was amazing.

Nevermind. Gimmie a high 5 babe! Wooohoooo!

I like that on the PPC you can see the heat buildup on the barrel.

Were there PC specs for this yet?

Yeah nice detailing even the AC10 had the same barrel heating.

Re the vid: Daft bugger, from that range he should have been able to take that Atlas' head clean off with one of those PPC's...

Or better yet seeming he's dueling PPC's He should of gone for the legs instead....

Also the advert was cool but PPC's in CQB? lol wat?

I have used PPCs in CQB in every single game. Just because it has a godly range doesn't mean I have to use it! And certainly it's better to use it than to get killed. ;)

[edit] Just noticed the flags on the Street looks like it might be a Davion/Stiener conflict. But the 'protagonist' seems to be in a Loki IIRC.

Neg. 'Twas a Warhammer.

And, as Weirdo stated, 3015 is before the Clan Invasion (which occurred in 3049). It's late in the Third Succession War.

If, like MechWarrior2 Mercenaries, this game goes to the Clan Invasion and successfully captures the mystery and weirdness and implacability of the Clans in those early days, this game will be win. Hell, this game will be win, anyway!

My only problems are that Jordon Weisman is writing the story and from what I've read so far, the story seems to be basically the same story with the same protagonist as in MechWarrior4: Vengeance. (Only different planet, different time period.)

EDIT:

CrunchyFrog, it was LRMs that caused splash damage.

I heard the radio bit saying House Kurita is landing dropships so it can't be a Davion/Steiner conflict.

Please don't use IS names for clan mechs, call a Hellbringer a Hellbringer. Meanwhile, Jag is right, that logically seems to be a Warhammer since the Warhammer is an IS design while the Hellbringer is clan.

While true remember this year was also when NAIS was formed, but I've just realised without thinking NAIS is in New Avalon so am guessing we can scratch that out. Anyway it's nice to see the game during Pre-Clanner influence.

Spedz, never underestimate the power a PPC has at any range.

Ah my dear it's not the power of the ppc at that range which made me go lol wat. Infact I must confess I've engaged with said weapon and same range before. It was due to the time it takes for it to charge and dissipation plus the fact it's an Atlas which has an AC10.

Neg. 'Twas a Warhammer.And, as Weirdo stated, 3015 is before the Clan Invasion (which occurred in 3049). It's late in the Third Succession War.

Ahah, your right and I'm wrong. I must apolagize. I should of realised that it also says warhammer about 5 times in the short film. :/

I heard the radio bit saying House Kurita is landing dropships so it can't be a Davion/Steiner conflict.

Please don't use IS names for clan mechs, call a Hellbringer a Hellbringer. Meanwhile, Jag is right, that logically seems to be a Warhammer since the Warhammer is an IS design while the Hellbringer is clan.

Not just logically, it *is* a Warhammer, and definitely not the Warhammer IIC, the Clan variant.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Warhammer

It would be cool if it went up to the Clan Invasion like MW2: Mercs, but a 30 year career before the clans come? I don't know. I did love that part in Mercs where it dawns on you that you're in the clan invasion and are forced to surrender.

Archived