Tercel M1911A1 Review

56k Warning! 56k Warning! 56k Warning! 56k Warning!

Hello,

I just received my Tercel 1911 from RSOV. Total time from ordering to arrival at door step in US of A took 7 just 7 days. Yes 7 days. RSOV is very fast. I ordered it along with an extra mag. The gun was $50, mag was $10 and shipping was $25 for airmail. They had $24 boat mail, no brainier there- PASS! The package arrived with an outer box to protect everything. Many places just ship the gun box wrapped in envelope which is not exactly the best way for traveling across the globe. The box is very very sturdy. It is a hard cardboard box with simple Tercel mark and M1911A1 mark as shown in picture. The gun came painted in orange. The entire barrel was painted and about 2in of the slide was painted. Luckily the paint was some BS enamel paint that had already started to come off. It is alcohol soluble, took about 30 min. to get all paint off. The gun came with 1 mag, a rod, and some extra o rings- a very nice touch! Btw: Always keep your o rings lubed! This is a complete TM clone; the package lacked the bb load/disassembly tool. Don't really need it. Everything about this gun is TM clone. You can use any TM after parts, mags... Heck even the manual that came with this puppy is a Xeroxed copy of the TM manual in Japanese!

First thing I noticed was the trademarks. WOW! The reason I order from half way across the world, was not because off the price, but because of the trades! And boy did I make a good decision. In the US, only 1 air soft co has rights to Colt 1911 markings and that is Cybergun which is made by KJW. - This is available for around $140 and is sold as a Colt branded product straight up. Even that doesn't have all trades! It only has the trades on slide, no inspector mark, spring field armory mark...boring. Meanwhile, this Tercel is exact TM clone so it has all trades that TM has, and you know how TM likes trades up deep in their *albatross*. It has the patent trades across the slide, in laser burned-in. Looks like it was engraved after the paint coat, so the aluminum underneath worked as the color marking for the trades- Very Nice. They are not etched and whited, not just whited; they are laser burned into the aluminum thereby showing the aluminum silver color in contrast to the dark "blued" gun color. On the frame the trades are etched in with extra metal extracted. We have the Proof inspector stamp which is the T and the triangle. It is very well centered on the finger guard bridge. We also have the G.H.D. Inspector stamp, also well done and deep. We also have the P Proof mark near the grip. On the barrel we have the P proof mark and the H Frank L Hosmer inspector mark. On top of the slide there should be another p for proof mark but it is missing on the Tercel, it's there on the TM. Other side of the frame we have the Springfield Armory cross cannons also known as ordinance bomb. We have a serial number and above it has this “TOKYO MAURI MADE IN JAPAN" lol the cloners even cloned the TM mark. The location of this is where the "Property of U.S. Gov." Marking is supposed to be. Further ahead we have the M1911A U.S. Army marking. Very nice. Very nice. On the finger guard bridge, we have the "76" assembly marking.

Well, those are the trades. As you can see I am an anal being in terms of trades. I'd rather not have a 1911 than to have one sans trades. I am anal and let me tell you this one is a winner, it is so well done, I can't say it enough. I have seen pics of the Bell, the trade spacing on the frame is messed up- PASS! I have seen the other cheapos, the trade lettering are messed up and distance form horse is messed up- PASS. This Tercel is the best you can get without having to pay $140 alone for the Guarder metal slide and frame. Heck, just buy this for the slide and frame for your TM!

The finish on it is smooth and even, there are spots with chipped paint when it arrived, I think its QC issue, but give the gun a more battered look. Over the entire paint job is very pleasing to my anal eyes. If it's good in my eyes, it's good in yours. The knurling on this is 1st class I have to say. Everywhere where it's supposed to be knurled is knurled- The trigger, the hammer, the mag release, the grip, the grip back, the slide release, the spring pin... The knurling is deep and neat, enough said there about that. Grips are very hard plastic; they are sharp diamond knurled with no QC issues. And I love the color, it is a deep maroon. The serrations on slide are sharp and no QC issues there. On the inside, the barrel, the hop, the other things, there are some QC issues with metal molding and such, but expected from a Chinese factory. Over all outer metal work is top notch; I can't see how Guarder set can be better machined than this?

The action on this baby is crisp. I have no gas right now, so I'll I can do is cock and lock. All very crisp and satisfying. The whole gun is metal so KA CHING! Or rather KA CHUNK! The mag is heavy and all metal, pretty high quality exact TM clones. Mag in Mag well has very little play. The extra mag I bought is exact same packaging as Tm, except with Tercel name. Basically, all things Tercel can be described as a counterfeit TM. Let's hope the mag doesn't leak.

Did I tell you this thing is heavy!!!! More to come.

dscf0340z.jpg

dscf0318t.jpg

dscf0319r.jpg

dscf0320m.jpg

dscf0321.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscf0340z.jpg

Photobucket sucks, use Imageshack! Anyone want to send me a can of gas? :unsure: More to come...

Edited by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS

Lol ignore ben. He's a bit of an elitist. He hates all things cheap.

I love how they've even have Tokyo Marui engraved on the side. I think they should have done without that for a more realistic look. For the price I am very tempted to pick one up.

Btw, Cybergun is not KJW I think. It's KWC?

Edited by Punkypink
What are you talking about?!

Those trades make me want to scrape my eyes out.

A question; on the outer barrel, is that rust, or orange paint you've tried to get off?

Are you going to update on performance/skirmish testing?

Ben.

Haha, I hope you are joking about the trades. They are nice.

I have no chronoy but I will update it with a performance test using soda cans.

Lol ignore ben. He's a bit of an elitist. He hates all things cheap.

No, I just have standards ;)

All my gear (I.E. my vests, pouches, etc.) is ACM. Some of my optics are ACM. I have a Kalash AKS74U.

It just has to work properly for me to like it.

Dislike the fact they copied the Marui trades - obviously no original thought in the product at all, but for the price, it's expected, I suppose.

You didn't answer about the outer barrel?

Ben.

Maybe they didn't counterfeit TM trades deliberately. Maybe TM sold them their old casting molds.

Ben: whats wrong with those trades? It could be worse, one of those "whited out with paint" type right? And anyways aftermarket metal 1911 slides are so plentiful that this makes a great project gun.

It's little specks of paint that didn't come off, not rust. At least not yet haha. The slide is aluminum btw. At first I thought man, these trades are whited out- not like the real steal, whatever, best I can get for under $100. But to my surprise, like I said in review, they are not whited out, it's not paint, but exposed aluminum. The slide is high quality, some of the internals are choppy, while other internals are oddly very nicely milled.

The tolerance is tight right now, but when the slide is back, the thing rattles at end of barrel. Don't call this one a 'clone', call it a TM 'counterfeit'.

Why would TM sell casting moulds to a Chinese company they know is going to clone them?

I doubt that's what has happened.

I 'spose they gave Tercel permission to photocopy the manual, as well? :rolleyes:

Ben.

Why would mercedes benz give casting moulds to a korean company they know is going to "clone" their cars? Hmm I wonder.

OK, the gas just came in today. SImply put it, it's very VERY efficient. I have 2 Tercel mags for it. With 1 gas refill, one of the mag put out 25+6 bbs, and the other mag put out 25+20 bbs. aka, the latter mag almost put out 2 clips with 1 gas refill.- How is that?

The kick is surprisingly hard, I wouldn't be surprised if an "upgraded" recoil spring is in there already. These Chinese manufactures are not operating on the same Jap. business model, of a stock gun base, and wide upgrades to get your $. These Chinese guns just come with power everything, buy once and you have all.

The accuracy is good, sometimes the bb sways left or right, I haven't set the hop up yet for my .20g bbs. I tested a whole mag on rapid fire, I emptied it in about 5 seconds. The slide stop works every time with a crisp stop, I even tested it with just 1 bb in the mag- it works great. So for now, only time will tell the final test for this gun-durability. I'' be lubing this puppy with some Rem-oil for metal to metal, and some Pellgunoil on o-rings, all this is in addition to the silicone in the gas. keep you posted!

Edited by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS