• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oof, I didn't know this thread existed. Everyone glance at the absolute catastrophe that is my purchasing decisions. First up: Inokatsu P226R. P226-02 upgrade kit, with steel trigger, hamme

Second: GHK AUG A2 (OD). Hephaestus 16" steel outer barrel, cut down to the front of the gas block and threaded 14mm CCW and steel valve knocker. Best Gun steel A1 18" barrel extension an

Third: KSC Mk.23 SOCOM System 7. Mafioso Airsoft steel slide and outer barrel. Volante Airsoft ‘Aurora’ high-volume BBU with CNC. This has a steel housing and aluminium nozzle, both CNC-m

Posted Images

Where to begin...

TM PSG-1: 600

CA Taktik stock: 40

G&G scope mount: 80

Systema FTK, equipped with M130: 270

Dee's 6.02 barrel ~140

CA Elcan sight (Disco'd since 2008) ~200

That adds up to a *fruitcage* *suitcase* load of around 1970 dollars.

That is one badass looking rifle. I love it.

Edited by bankz5152

Awesome, how have you found it? I have one sitting at the shop I'm paying off now, so just wanted your view on it. Have you tested it performance wise etc?

It's incredible. The build quality. The sound of the bolt pushing a shell into the chamber. Amazing. Very heavy.

I have just been loading and ejecting all day.

I don't have any gas, so no test yet :(

Will add photo later. But my Masada price goes up and up:

-$450 gun

-$50 noveske firepig flashhider thing

-$35 battery

-$30 extra magazine

-$50 shipping

-$25 customs fee

-$15 Japanese spring

-$70 Marui 3x-9x scope

-$15 Marui scope mounts

-$35 rail riser mount

-$40 charger

-$35 china hi-cap

-$110 folding stock

-$10 hopup bucking ( didn't work)

-$30 new m4 inner barrel

And more maintenance and part costs to come!

just out of curiosity

can you easily load 7 rounds in the mag (i have been told that the last round is next to imposible to push in)

and do the shells get damaged by getting pushed in and out of the mag

I only have 5 shells. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard. Loading 5 is easy. Shells do get damaged not from the mag, but from dropping alot. Only scratches really.

@ vorpalbunnie, i don't think you should count every part related to your gun

like shipping and customs doesn't really ad value (i gues this topic is about guns whos value is more than 1000 dollar, not the amount i has cost)

and stuff like charger and spare mags shouldn't really count (otherwise i could ad 250€ to each of my guns value because of my charger, and another 100 for my gun case)

anyway

here are my gun

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

M4 DMR

-D'boys m4ris (370$ in my local shop(not really sure about the exchange rates))

-prs stock and mbus sight (138$ for the stock, the sights are something temporarly)

-guarder 150 ftk (225$)

-rewiring the gearbox, new spring lipo batery (something like 30$)

-prometheus barrel and hop up (75$)

-hitorque motor (30$)

-vltor gasblock (13$)

-king arms silencer (30$)

-trigger guard (19$)

-vietnam style magazine (33$)

-G&P grip (38$)

-scope scope mount rail riser (about 60$(im going to replace it with a 10*50))

-bipod (25$)

total about 1090$ (without shipping, customs)

changes to be made

-20" fluted barrel

-10" handguard

it was the first custom gun i have build and will probaly be the last to finish

and when its done im probably still won't be 100% satisfied

let me know what you think so far and what you think would improve its looks

Edited by teflon don
(i gues this topic is about guns whos value is more than 1000 dollar, not the amount i has cost)

Oh common, are you serious?!

No offence (I cant even join the club myself), but that gun-config you posted is really contradictory to what you're saying isn't it?

A dboys m4 might have COST 370, while it is actually worth $150

A guarder FTK might have COST 225, while it is actually worth $108

And since when does a rewire at $30 of value to a gun?

Think my m14 counts. Feel free to delete if not

The gun is fitted with:

Full Gaurder tune up kit and cut off lever

Prometheus 6.03 500mm tightbore

AB Mosfet

Firefly hop rubber

G&P USN Ebr front set

KA Silencer

G&P Reciever

G&P RAS

G&P M3 Scope

G&P Scope mounts

KA Doctor sight

11.1v 2800mah lipo

Locked to 425 semi auto

Quality real wood stock

7 Tm standard mags

100_0280.jpg

100_0281.jpg

100_0283.jpg

Infinity' timestamp='1304622065' post='2451304']

No offence (I cant even join the club myself), but that gun-config you posted is really contradictory to what you're saying isn't it?

Totally with you on this.

I have over 25 TM standard magazines which cost me no less than $22 each. Add to that a Trijicon dot sight at $500 and according to these people every STANAG accepting gun I could possibly own would be a $1k+ gun.

I do my own mechbox work, when I did it commercially I charged a minimum of $45 per hour with a 1hr minimum; if it takes me 10 hours to get a PGC mechbox together is my gun worth an extra $450? NO!

Very nice, rizzini7. Where did you get the E-type front sight? I have a USN front with the Smith Ind ring-type front sight and was thinking about swapping to the sideways-E.

-Piano

Havent a clue mate, came as part of another m14 i purchased for the parts. The bloke got the gun originally from wgc some maybe there

i paid 250€ for that gun in my local shop so that equals about 370$ (and i clearly said that i wasn't sure about the exchange rates )

a the ftk cost 225$ (without shipping and customs)

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/parts-upgrade-aeg/ftk-full-tune-up-kit/guarder-m16a2-boreup-full-gearbox-set-sp130-170.html

i calculated 30$ for the wiring the spring and the battery (that looks kinda fair 10$ for a spring 10$ for the wires and 10$ for a lipo)

if i had used vorpalbunnie method of calculating it would be a 2K gun (spare baterys, magazines, transport case,import, shipping, parts that have brokken)

and so i don't spam this topic here's my second 1K gun (its not really my gun it belonged to a friend who died last year and im supposed to sell it at half price so if someone is interested pm me)

there is about 800€ in that gun (thats 1160$ at current rate)

IMG_1556.jpg

its a jing gong aug

with a TM gearbox, guarder ftk, systhema motor, promethius barrel,hop up rubber, new hop up unit, CA ball bearings, lipo battery, computer mosfet,modify gearset, and some more little parts and spare magazines and al

Edited by teflon don

It's incredible. The build quality. The sound of the bolt pushing a shell into the chamber. Amazing. Very heavy.

I have just been loading and ejecting all day.

I don't have any gas, so no test yet :(

Yea, shelled out for mine today. Love it. Inner barrel is rubbish, 8.18mm. Eh, going to be replaced anyway, this thing is going under some serious changes internally. Found the valve system is, well, perfect. Uses the pressure of the gas to seal itself. Genius. As for build quality, fan-bloody-tastic. Happy as a pig in *suitcase*. Well worth it.

RE the shells, yea they get wear and tear, but so does the rifle. All part of the look for me. I like my rifles looking used, as I do intend to use them all a lot. They are only aluminium by the looks of it, so damage can be done if you whack them against something, but from general use, they'll never fail their purpose. Piece of cake to make more. Putting them into the mag, easy. I also only have 5, which honestly is all I will ever load. Keep the springs nice and fresh.

Part of the project is to make a mag block anyway, so chances are the mag will get very little use. Single loading for the win.

Overall impression. Fantastic wall hanger OOTB. Performs alright, about 280 on 0.43s. Barrel definitely needs to be changed to be really game worthy. Fantastic gas system. Very cool rifle, well worth the money. Very happy with it biggrin.gif

Joined the club just recently.

Systema PTW M4 MAX

*Real* Daniel Defense 9" Omega RIS

*Real* Surefire M951

*Real* ARMS #40-L BUIS

Clone EO-Tech 551

Clone TD Stubby

Addition of spare uppers and a pile of mags puts it close to 2k. =P

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02108.jpg

Edited by Bleaumaglite
  • 1 month later...

I juuuuuuuust barely squeeze in to this price bracket, and I had no intention of making it this far. I added up the total cost of this gun over its 2 year life after it recently became a Mk12 Mod 0, and was rather shocked to find out that it cost over a grand.

Chrono's around 560-570 w/.20s, and can get easy kills at 300' w/.40s. I can go much farther by lobbing the BBs, but 320' is probably the limit of the effective range.

6mZ5K.jpg

Classic Army M15A4 CQB - $350

Classic Army Mk12 Mod 0 conversion kit - $195

Systema tightbore - $40

G&G hopup chamber/bucking with "flat hop" transplanted from another rifle - $20

Evike Matrix M160 dropin gearbox - $110

KWA piston head - $10

G&G full stock (lots of battery room) - $25

SPR grip - $10

NCStar 3-9x42 rubberized scope w/micro dot - $200

Harris bipod - $50

Ajax STS - $45