It's to showcase any Airsoft gun worth a thousand dollars or more; going on the fact AR15's are the most popular Airsoft gun by far, I don't see the problem with that being represented in the thread? It's not being hijacked by AR15 owners, it's just the biggest majority of airsofters own AR's..

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oof, I didn't know this thread existed. Everyone glance at the absolute catastrophe that is my purchasing decisions. First up: Inokatsu P226R. P226-02 upgrade kit, with steel trigger, hamme

Second: GHK AUG A2 (OD). Hephaestus 16" steel outer barrel, cut down to the front of the gas block and threaded 14mm CCW and steel valve knocker. Best Gun steel A1 18" barrel extension an

Third: KSC Mk.23 SOCOM System 7. Mafioso Airsoft steel slide and outer barrel. Volante Airsoft ‘Aurora’ high-volume BBU with CNC. This has a steel housing and aluminium nozzle, both CNC-m

Posted Images

I get what you're saying, but this thread was simply made for anything that cost $1K. 

No.  :rolleyes: 

Well, I like the idea of this thread. I know the old one got out of hand though. Too many people nowadays with silly expensive optics, they can just bolt to a Bar10, and similar things. So I'd like to go ahead an impose a simple rule.

If you can justify the amount you've spent on you gun, don't post it in here. I want to see gun's that have had unnecessary amounts of money splurged on them, for a marginal improvement in performance or ergonomics, or hey, just for plain good looks. But please, don't let one item account for more than 50% of the money spent on the entire gun. So no Desert Eagles with Trigicon sights on top.

I have this thing on my mouse called a scroll wheel.

It's quite a new concept and it's not really become wide-spread amongst PC peripherals just yet, but some of you guys should consider investing in one.  Saves the rest of us having to read your boring, child-like whinging about people posting things they are perfectly within their rights to post.

About time, also, parts list please :)

ProG4 SV Infinity kit(Frame, slide, steel hybrid barrel, hammer mechanism)

Prime CNC SVI Grip(MSH, Mag Catch with button)

ProG4 Recoil Spring Guide

ProG4 SV Hammer(+ stainless hammer strut)

ProG4 SV Modular trigger and Stainless trigger loop

Nova Steel Controls(Slide catch, ambi-thumb safety beavertail)

Nova Steel Fiber Sights

9Ball Hopup packing

PDI 6.01 Inner Barrel

SD POM Nozzle

SD Piston

GHK AKM Recoil Spring(lol, it fits)

Guarder Hammer spring

Chronos a consistent 330fps on 0.25g BB *bramston pickle* BBs.

ProG4 SV Infinity kit(Frame, slide, steel hybrid barrel, hammer mechanism)

Prime CNC SVI Grip(MSH, Mag Catch with button)

ProG4 Recoil Spring Guide

ProG4 SV Hammer(+ stainless hammer strut)

ProG4 SV Modular trigger and Stainless trigger loop

Nova Steel Controls(Slide catch, ambi-thumb safety beavertail)

Nova Steel Fiber Sights

9Ball Hopup packing

PDI 6.01 Inner Barrel

SD POM Nozzle

SD Piston

GHK AKM Recoil Spring(lol, it fits)

Guarder Hammer spring

Chronos a consistent 330fps on 0.25g BB *bramston pickle* BBs.

Gorgeous! Thank you, did you build it from the ground up or did you start with a base pistol?

I was planning to do it as a scratch built, but at the time some of the parts thats out now was not available as standalone so I still ended up getting a 5.1.....

So confused, a 5.1? Maybe it's my eyes and I've been staring at excel documents for too long (accountancy yay!) but its looks like you have a 1911 mag fitted?

here is my inokatsu M240B

DSCF2156.jpg

DSCF2163.jpg

now here is my inokatsu L7A2 gpmg project

DSCF2266.jpg

DSCF2268-1.jpg

now here it is with full british markings and 100% complete on british parts, just needs painting black.

DSCF2548_zps413cee66aa_zps0a35963b.jpg

DSCF2496_zpsaf5ba137.jpg

british real steel parts used...

- top cover

- stock

- c2/i.w.s mount

- cocking lever

- feed tray

- grip pin

- top cover bolt

- top cover plunger (stops top cover from closing)

- barrel release latch

- carry handle

- carry handle grip

- bipod with height adjuster

- bipod latch

- sling swivel

- gas block

- gas regulator

- front sight

- flash hider (old style)

- flash hider (new vortex style)

- ejection port cover

- safety catch

- trigger grips

- rear sight (both parts)

can post more pics of british parts if requested

internals used..

- guarder sp110 spring

- madbull (blue) hopup bucking

- systema area 1000 v3 cylinder head

- systema area 1000 teflon cylinder

- systema area 1000 oilless 6mm bushes

- systema energy v3 tappet plate

- systema v2 flat gear set

- systema jet ak nozzle

- tm ak hup up chamber parts

- tm hop up rubber

- g&p m120 high torque short motor

- m16 tight bore inner barrel

- ultimate piston head (aluminium/ventilation/hexachrome)

Edited by Darkmikey22

I think go for it. The more the merrier.

The only extenuating consideration is whether or not this project was started before or after June 2012 - as that is the kind of cut off point for entries to be allowed into the contest. Anything started before then is somewhat regarded as an old project.

I would love to see this particular build in the ACBC though, since it slots nicely into a category of custom build which I had hoped would be represented, stickler-for-detail builds. And your GPMG is truly a great example, there is a lot of time and effort invested in creating an authentic replica. Put it this way, you could fool a lot of active servicemen with that thing - I bet they'd never know until they came to fire it :D

The only extenuating consideration is whether or not this project was started before or after June 2012 - as that is the kind of cut off point for entries to be allowed into the contest. Anything started before then is somewhat regarded as an old project.

unfortunatly it was started before. but in my defence tho, is that genuine british gpmg parts are not that easy to get hold of specialy the gas block, adjustable bipod etc as they are like gold dust!. so the fact its now parts complete, and the fact of how many parts have been changed can possibly show you how much work has been involved just to get the parts.

so its up to you fella if it should still be entered.

I would love to see this particular build in the ACBC though, since it slots nicely into a category of custom build which I had hoped would be represented, stickler-for-detail builds. And your GPMG is truly a great example, there is a lot of time and effort invested in creating an authentic replica. Put it this way, you could fool a lot of active servicemen with that thing - I bet they'd never know until they came to fire it :D

thank you!, its not often this beauty gets a compliment :)

its has fooled a few already ;) as even the correct weight has been applied too (25ib) so a heavy beast

all i am stuck on now is how to paint it.

do i 

1, get it sprayed properly

2, get it cerakoted or

3, just spray paint it myself with normal spray paint?

Well, how long ago are we talking?

I guess I could extend the cut-off a bit if it were for a good cause, such as allowing your build to be entered. Although I don't want to open the flood gates.

As for painting it, if its coming into the competition then cerakoted seems appropriate - it may garner you more votes if you do it properly. Thats if you want to win :)

i started collecting bits about march time, tho the main bulk didnt start till around the april/may time. so technically a month off your cut off, or was it june (nudge nudge wink wink) ;)

as for cerakote, i do like it but their shades of colours are a bit limited. so dont want to get it done and it look odd. as it needs to be mainly a satin black with 2/3 parts done a gloss black colour. But this may not be done for a few months as i will need to start saving for it as ive just had the qoute back!...... £360!!! :fear2:

Here is my VFC based Daytonagun MAG-K

IMAG0009_zpsae193bc6.jpg

IMAG0010_zps3a79f488.jpg

so, i thought i had only spend like $1200 on it, but i was so wrong. as it sits:

Trade for base gun cost me (it was an AEG with an overhauled gearbox to begin with)- ~$675 (came with the grip, paint job, stock adaption, T-1, rail system and anything else i dont mention)

Daytonagun kit - $475

TNK Guns Redline rig - $180

Ninja 90/4500 HPA tank - $190 (though, i got it for wholesale price)

4 extra beta project mags (4 working ones came with the gun) - ~$80

various ladder rail covers (some magpul, some falcon) - ~$20

45º rail mount for torch - ~$25

Walther torch - at most places ~$40 but you can get it for lwss than $10 at optics planet (not counted towards total)

ECHO-1 QD torch mount - ~$25 (i use this to EDC the torch as it came with a rail mount for a belt, also not calculated towards total)

Magpul PTS AAC M4-2000 suppressor & flash hider - $80

JBU QD sling mount for rails -$25 (best cheap one i have found. holds the weight of this 11lbs carbine perfectly fine. all steel but the base is not rust proof)

Blue Force Gear Vickers sling - iirc $45

so thats $1885 and that does not include everything i bought for the gun, just what i have that attaches to it normally. thats way more than i expected to put into it. i just hope you guys like it.

sorry if the pics dont work. ill fix them when i get home from work. im on an extremely slow machine right now.

i started collecting bits about march time, tho the main bulk didnt start till around the april/may time. so technically a month off your cut off, or was it june (nudge nudge wink wink) ;)

as for cerakote, i do like it but their shades of colours are a bit limited. so dont want to get it done and it look odd. as it needs to be mainly a satin black with 2/3 parts done a gloss black colour. But this may not be done for a few months as i will need to start saving for it as ive just had the qoute back!...... £360!!! :fear2:

What's another £360 in the grand scheme of such an expensive build, eh? :P

Anyway, I've decided to let you enter the competition with your build, I'll just have to be more lenient with other similar entries, but no major harm done, provided the competition still inspires plenty of original designs.