• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oof, I didn't know this thread existed. Everyone glance at the absolute catastrophe that is my purchasing decisions. First up: Inokatsu P226R. P226-02 upgrade kit, with steel trigger, hamme

Second: GHK AUG A2 (OD). Hephaestus 16" steel outer barrel, cut down to the front of the gas block and threaded 14mm CCW and steel valve knocker. Best Gun steel A1 18" barrel extension an

Third: KSC Mk.23 SOCOM System 7. Mafioso Airsoft steel slide and outer barrel. Volante Airsoft ‘Aurora’ high-volume BBU with CNC. This has a steel housing and aluminium nozzle, both CNC-m

Posted Images

Thanks for all the kind works guys. 

cavapanther- I think the WE ARs can take the most real parts. I also have a scar and a m14 EBR, but I'm not sure what real parts they may be compatible with.

blingblip- There are a few areas that you have to make some clearance for, such as the front of the trigger box, and the bolt stop. All cuts are easy to do with a dremel. The hardest part is moding the hop unit. You have to drill a hole in the top of the hop body so you can insert a pin. The pin will keep everything aligned in a real upper. You also have to cut off the stock "wings" or tabs off the hop unit as the real upper does not have the slots for them.

Here is the hop mod. I'll try and get pics of the cuts on the upper later.

hopinvice.jpeg

hop2.jpeg

hop3.jpeg

QQexDERA- I got the angry gun barrel from Enten in japan. 

That's one sweet MEGA you got there  :o  Didn't know WE M4 is 1:1 to scale, what about other WE rifles, SCAR, G36 and M14 etc? I'm seriously considering to get a WE M14 if it's true 1:1 scale and I will probably get one with a real deal sage EBR or Troy MCS Chassis. 

RS parts I've put on my M14s: USGI Birch stock, rear sight, selector lock. One note about the USGI stock, I had to use the WE stock liner, the action won't fit into the USGI liner so the RS Sage or Troy might not work without some serious modification.

cavapanther- I think the WE ARs can take the most real parts.

More than WA ARs? I'd be surprised - but I'm already surprised that the WE lower fits a RS upper. Very surprised.

One of these days, someone (in America) needs to sit down with some airsoft guns (I'm thinking WA, WE, Systema and TM AR-15s, TM 1911, TM P226 etc) and their real-steel equivalents, and literally try to swap the parts over. I, for example, am 99% sure that my P226 will happily accept a real de-cocking lever, base and spring, disassembly lever and probably slide release at a bare minimum, but I don't want to spend £100 to find out I'm wrong...

You are correct PureSilver, WA ARs with prime receivers can accept more real parts with less modification. WA ARs especially win over WE with lower related parts. My comment was more so directed to the WE brand guns. Out of all the WE series, the ARs can accept the most real steel parts. Most parts need small to major mods make them work.

One of these days, someone (in America) needs to sit down with some airsoft guns (I'm thinking WA, WE, Systema and TM AR-15s, TM 1911, TM P226 etc) and their real-steel equivalents, and literally try to swap the parts over. I, for example, am 99% sure that my P226 will happily accept a real de-cocking lever, base and spring, disassembly lever and probably slide release at a bare minimum, but I don't want to spend £100 to find out I'm wrong...

I've done this with the Sig Sauer 9mm P226 and Marui's P226...they're not as similar as you would think. Besides the obvious, the rear chassis simply doesn't exist on the Sig Sauer which prevents most of the small parts from fitting on the Marui. On the P226, I think there were only three or four parts that can be interchanged, but only after modification to one or the other (e.g. disable the trigger lock safety on the Marui and a Sig Sauer take down lever will fit).

I think I posted the results...don't remember if it was here or on another forum. Also, my Sig Sauer P226 is W. German, proof marked from 1988...there are some very small differences between this and a modern 9mm P226 (which I never have owned). I also did a similar comparison between my Colt SP1 and customized WA M4A1.

There are definitely some differences between the various RS P226s over the years (mostly related to the trigger bar spring, IIRC, which they kept getting wrong) and I know about the safety removal - my 'kat doesn't have the Marui safety there because the Inokatsu take-down lever doesn't accommodate it. It would be interesting to start a site (not a forum, but dependent upon a forum) that listed the fitment and tolerances of various airsoft parts, and the various RS parts you could swap in. I bet there are more than a few airsoft guns out there which owners have given up on because of a tiny broken part, not knowing that some widely available ACM/RS gun has exactly the same part in it...

[EDIT]What that site would really need would be access to a 3D scanner, and some volunteers skilled in CAD/CAM. The operator of the site would 3D scan all the components (or people with access to a 3D scanner could collaboratively send in scans), and then some volunteers would clean up the scans to nice clean CAD shapes. Then parts that kept breaking could be reengineered in stronger materials (e.g., the MP9 disconnector) or redesigned altogether (WA bolt stop) digitally, and then people could download them for 3D printing or machining... A bit like Defense Distributed, but not for RS weapons.[/EDIT]

Edited by PureSilver

TOP M249

- Internals - PGC ver.3 Gearbox with CA Hop-up chamber (PGC hop-up was missing).

- A&K Railed reciever cover.

- A&K Marine stock.

- ACM M249 lower RIS.

- ACM VLTOR Heavy duty bipod replica (bad quality, looking for replace).

- ACM Magpul RVG.

- CA M249 PARA Flashider.

Missing front sight (replacement is going) and optics (Elcan SoecterDR maybe?)

(First two parts are easily over $1k, but i was lucky to get it for $450 B) ).

06uiPNP58RI.jpg

2CRnNVGQZho.jpg

Edited by Brain

551366_4358408852811_1464093263_n.jpg

My first contribution to this- my indoor setup WE SBR. Pinned to semi only with BCM selector, functional DBal for dark moments, and a whole bunch of other gubbins I can't even list here. Total it's about 1.5K, it really piles on fast...

LAW Tactical stock adaptor and ACS-L are on their way, as well as a gas pedal and S&S weaponlink. Yeah, I know, too much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

G&P KX3
RS 11" LaRue Gooseneck Rail
10.5" OEM Outer Barrel
RS AFG
Dytac T1
RS MUR-1 Upper
Prime KAC Lower
RS KAC Extended Mag Catch
RS KAC Trigger Guard
FCC Badass Selector
King Arms Troy BUIS
G&P Tango Down Grip
RS Magpul ASAP
Milspec Stock Tube
RS CTR Stock
RS Enhanced Recoil Pad.

Then internally

Stock inner barrel and hop (Tac one on the way)
FCC Electronics and Motor
08' Gearbox
Lipo Ready

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

very interesting, are these from ATACKA?

their work is very impressive the more I look into it!

Yeah, its an SR-3 Vikhr made by NPO and imported by Atacka. There's definitely pros and cons to it, but I'm still very impressed. The biggest flaw are the magazines, which aren't made that well, but the newest generation magazines should be arriving in America soon, and are much much better.