Posted · Hidden by crackisbad, March 4, 2013 - Pointless arguing over the merit of spending money on an airsoft gun <_<
Hidden by crackisbad, March 4, 2013 - Pointless arguing over the merit of spending money on an airsoft gun <_<

-

I'm talking to you, as is plainly evident.

No you don't know me, not that that matters in the slightest.

I did not anywhere write the term 'shut up' so less putting words in to mouths please.  Again, I don't "think" I'm talking to anyone, what I know is that I replied to your post because it was needlessly rude about something somebody has clearly put a lot of effort in to constructing.  What possible reason could there ever do to jump on and insult them because they choose to allocate their expendable income in a fashion different to the one you would choose?  That achieves absolutely nothing what so ever.  It should be blatantly obvious by the title and previous content of this thread as to the type of images that will be contained within, as mentioned the very point of the thread is for players to post/look at expensive weapons.  The point is most certainly not to bash people because you happen to not approve of their guns.

If something is just your opinion, try prefixing it with "in my opinion; for this reason..." in future.  Otherwise (unsurprisingly) what you post comes across as a totally unjustified slam with no reasoning behind it other than to upset and be offensive to other people.  Claiming that something is an "astounding waste" may well indeed be a simple opinion; but what it certainly is not, in any way, shape or form, is humble.  Especially when written without even a hint of justification or explanation.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oof, I didn't know this thread existed. Everyone glance at the absolute catastrophe that is my purchasing decisions. First up: Inokatsu P226R. P226-02 upgrade kit, with steel trigger, hamme

Second: GHK AUG A2 (OD). Hephaestus 16" steel outer barrel, cut down to the front of the gas block and threaded 14mm CCW and steel valve knocker. Best Gun steel A1 18" barrel extension an

Third: KSC Mk.23 SOCOM System 7. Mafioso Airsoft steel slide and outer barrel. Volante Airsoft ‘Aurora’ high-volume BBU with CNC. This has a steel housing and aluminium nozzle, both CNC-m

Posted Images

Posted · Hidden by crackisbad, March 4, 2013 - Pointless arguing over the merit of spending money on an airsoft gun <_<
Hidden by crackisbad, March 4, 2013 - Pointless arguing over the merit of spending money on an airsoft gun <_<

What an astounding waste of money.

LOL, the way I see it, it's actually a great help to the economy.  Much value added in these dire times :)

Posted (edited) · Hidden by crackisbad, March 4, 2013 - Pointless arguing over the merit of spending money on an airsoft gun <_<

Are you talking to me?

we all are.

Do I even know you?

:huh:

Who told you I spent money on pointless military gear?Never bought anything like that.

Jeans and hoodie in the field huh? Or are you a collector? Assuming you collect chiclones as well if you don't like spending money?

Who told you I spent a lot of money on toy guns?Maybe I did,but who are you to say that?

Oh so you DO spend a lot of money on airsoft

Haha,it's nice to see how people on forums easily judges other people who doesn't even know..lol.

>>What an astounding waste of money.<< *cough* *cough*

Anyway it's just stupid and pointless,to me,to spend that much to pimp to the impossible an airsoft gun. (sorry for the "to" overdose)

It's not like buying and spending big money on a Systema,or spending big money on a gun that itself is worth 2500-3000$ or more (Sheriff Highlander,maybe..or Asahi WA2K etc.),or spending big money for a DG rifle,P* rifle and so on..but this is just my opinion.

DG/P*? loool

I don't have the arrogance to say that is the absolute truth,or to tell someone "hey,you should shut up because you're in zero position to talk":the hell it means?Lol..I'm not gonna renounce to share my opinion just because a random guy like you tells me that,who you think you're talking to?

That doesn't mean "who spends all that money for airsoft is a douche",but that "I personally find excessive to spend all that money to pimp over any possible limit a single airsoft gun".

man, what a *fruitcage* waste of breath, your post.

what the *fruitcage* are you going on posting about an Asahi WA being a justified purpose then again?

That's all for me,I don't care if you agree or not,as it remains a simple and humble opinion..so if anyone will be so smart to argue about that,will just lose his time and will gain nothing acting that way..nothing that doesn't deserve my laughs,because I'd like to reiterate once again that a post like the one CKinnerley wrote is really laughable,where a random guy coming from nowhere tells me that I bought stuff I never bought and then tells me I've no right to talk.

Bo*****s.

-in reality spends a lot of money on airsoft? check.

-no one agrees? check.

-not humble opinion? check.

-laughable? check.

-no right to talk? check.

-Bo*****s (?) check.

Edited by kagami
Posted (edited) · Hidden by crackisbad, March 4, 2013 - Pointless arguing over the merit of spending money on an airsoft gun <_<

Desert.Express,

As the owner of the first P* SR47, leave my gun out of this. If Kagami wants to drop $4K on a single gun, that's his prerogative. I, along with quite a few others, have probably spent that much over two or three.

-WARNING MATHS-

Kagami's spent $2,760 of his $4,268 on real steel parts, with only $1,508 spent on airsoft parts. That's 65% spent on real steel, 35% spent on airsoft.

Nearly a grand of the real steel expenditure was on optics alone. By comparison, I dropped $1k on the MBK and FE alone, with probably another $400 for the air-rig setup I have now and HPA bottles.

If you don't like how others spend their money, tough, but don't go telling them how to spend it.

Cheers,
-Piano

Edited by PianoBlack

I haven't spent 1K for the single gun this far, or perhaps I didn't count spent $$ well, but I really like to watch other people doing so ;), and of course the results of this spectacular "waste" of money.
It's pretty obvious to me that only someone who can't afford this amount of cash for this purpose and has some personal problem with it, can say or write about "wasting money".
So, please continue to waste Your wallets, and I'm going to continue visiting this thread ;).

And I think it's time to stop feeding the troll. ;)

@Kagami:

That is an awesome build. I think it would deserve more pictures here. ;)

Once I feel my gun is completed I will post it here as it is - sadly - already belongs here. I am not particularly happy with the fact that my toy AR building fever makes me spending that much. :D

Now I even turned into a troll,lol.

I just said that to me spending all that money to pimp an airsoft gun is a waste of money..then if anyone wants to do so,it's not my business at all.

I'd personally prefer to spend a 3k to pimp a Systema,rather than putting as many RS parts as I can on an airsoft gun and spending over 4k.

But is my opinion so important to make you all react this way?And/or,was it so stupid,to all of you,to say that spending that much that way could be considered a waste of money?

Wow.

Getting over it,it's laughable to see so many random people joining the conversation about an opinion of mine,and see people like Pianoblack saying "leave my gun out of this" (what the?I just made an example about P* guns which to me are worth it,even if DG guns are better,but please quote me the part where I was talking about your gun)

I thought I said something reasonable,but it seems like anyone here would spend all that money to have an unuseful amount of RS parts on an airsoft gun..seems legit :D

And don't get me wrong,as I'm not saying that spending big money on airsoft is a stupid thing..as that would be hyphocritical..but one thing is to have an entire airsoft collection worth even 10 or 20k$,another is to have a single gun that is not an Asahi WA2K -or anything else really worth almost 4k- which costs that much.

Said that,peace and love my friends..I don't see any reason to give so importance to my opinion..I've been the first to say that was just my humble opinion..and some idiot said I was a troll.

If you can't even understand that,there can't be a dialogue..

But if you felt my tone was a bit rude or whatever else,I apologise and say that it wasn't meant to be rude..and I have absolutely nothing against the owner of that stuff,because if he has so much money to p*** away,he has the right to handle his money like he wishes.

Again,I also spend much money on airsoft because I'm a collector,but I wouldn't spend that much for this kind of gun (simple)..I say this to replace the "astounding waste of money"..maybe it's not offensive now.

Edited by Desert.Express

Awww man, for C's sake...

Definitely it was the matter of choice of words You used and I'm afraid that's how it works on internet forums - considering context of this thread, expression "waste of money" looks pretty offensive and now You are - or pretend to be - surprised about other users reaction. Wake up buddy, You are in thread where people show EXPENSIVE replicas by thread's definition, so saying here it's a "waste of money" and boring other users to death about what You think of 1K-4K worth airsoft guns is purly provocative.

Oh by the way - " some idiot" looks pretty offensive to me too, so generally if  everything You said this far was not intended to be a plain trolling, try be a little bit more careful in what You write and chill out a bit, so watch Your mouth You hot shot.

Cheers, man.

Edited by MRF

C-C-C-C-C-C-Crawwwwwwling innnnnnn my skiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

These wouuuunds they willlllllll not heaaaaaaaaalllllll

^^^ My favourite album ever! :D

Hahaha Dersert.Express you keep digging the hole deeper m8. Best to drop the subject and let this topic get back on topic... :)

I'd personally prefer to spend a 3k to pimp a Systema

So you find PTWs to be a justifiable purchase over GBBRs? Or is it just AEGs? What the *fruitcage* is your line of thinking? iirc PTWs are a bigger money dump than GBBRs.

rather than putting as many RS parts as I can on an airsoft gun and spending over 4k.

do you even KNOW what PTW owners do to make their guns cost 3k? SERIOUSLY *fruitcage* man. yes desert.express, they pimp their 3k systemas with chicom clone replica *suitcase*.

this kid be trollin' mad hard.

anyways, pic without all the stuff hanging off it:

jbd5f1kZBtIheW.JPG

Edited by kagami

Now I even turned into a troll,lol.

I just said that to me spending all that money to pimp an airsoft gun is a waste of money..then if anyone wants to do so,it's not my business at all.

I'd personally prefer to spend a 3k to pimp a Systema,rather than putting as many RS parts as I can on an airsoft gun and spending over 4k.

I'm gonna grind your gears more and post some more "pimped" out airsoft guns.  I hope you lose sleep over this!

5bafa613-8a93-48f4-9a4c-6b9a1a158d88_zps

@kagami:

Yr gun almost looks entirely different w/o all the goodies on it. Def like the silver barrel got, really makes it pop.

On to how we get ptw's to 3k, here is mine (part list, no pic as on vaca, but its on last page). I'm not even done with it either

Ptw =1500

Tack work =300

Vis upper = 800

Fcc barrel = 100

Raptor charging handle =85

Eotech 556 = 500

Mft stock = 75

Deepfire tb = 60

2012 hop = 50

Mft grip = 10

Avg = 20

Mbus = 90

Avalon = 80

Total = $3670 , that doesnt include shipping or new parts for things that didnt work

What an astounding waste of money.

I would hush up considering what you post up for sale. Also your track record is very dubious.

Can't say the 4k gun is my cup'o'tea but its nice. I will oggle it even if i wouldn't actually want to own it because it's purdy.

Well that's not totally fair Matt, judging by what Desert Express has owned (and some of the prices he expects others to pay for them when he sells them on zeroin), he's probably an expert in wasting money by now ;)

Well that's not totally fair Matt, judging by what Desert Express has owned (and some of the prices he expects others to pay for them when he sells them on zeroin), he's probably an expert in wasting money by now ;)

agreed, specially when he wanted £2000 for a second hand full steel inokatsu m240 when i got mine for £1750 brand new. or you could of even brought the aluminium one for £1500 new.

i see where he is coming from tho on the aspect of with that money you could of bought an entire arsenal, i probably would have! :).

but when there are people out there that dont have room for more than 1 or 2 guns. why cant they spend all their money on that 1 gun

i know it was just your opinion but i agree with CK. if your going to voice your opinion fella, next time word it slightly better.

This is a picture thread.

D.E you started this with a very aggressive post and everything you are blaming other people of doing, you did in your first (and subsequent posts). This is a picture thread for TOYS that have over the top spending. In fact this whole forum is basically about over the top spending on TOYS.

If someone makes $400k a year and spends $4k on a toy, that is 1% of his income. If someone makes $40k a year and spends $4k on a toy, that is 10% of his income. Either way it is their choice to spend what ever they want.

By your logic, I could argue that spending $1 on an airsoft gun is a waste of money. 

You are not giving your opinion, you are stating your opinion as a fact of life (spending $4k on gun is dumb, but systema am bestest!). 

Here is the difference:

Opinion: I would never spend that much money on an airsoft gun.

Opinion as fact: What an astounding waste of money.

Next person that continues this childish, petty argument will get a suspension. If someone feels that I have been overbearing, you can PM me. Otherwise, keep calm and carry on.

original.jpg

Seeing how Desert Express even has a thread on money spent on airsoft without using RS parts....this^ uses no RS part....

ProG4 SVI kit: $462

Prime Micropocket SV CNC Grip: $398

Nova SV Beavertail: $69

Nova Ambi-Safety: $74

Nova Slide Catch: $37

ProG4 Trigger $28

ProG4 Trigger loop: $33

ProG4 SV Hammer: $54

ProG4 Front Sight $21

Nova Fiber Rear Sight: $72

SD Nozzle: $20

PDI piston: $12

9Ball Bucking: $18

PDI Hi-Capa Inner Barrel: $55

Guarder Spring: $8

Base TM Hi-Capa for the missing parts(I probably could get the individual parts now): $150

Total: $1511

Still not a PTW though....:P

Annoyingly also, this was the first time I tallied the cost of that pistol...which is hurting me a little...

Edited by RacingManiac

Seeing how Desert Express even has a thread on money spent on airsoft without using RS parts....this^ uses no RS part....

ProG4 SVI kit: $462

Prime Micropocket SV CNC Grip: $398

Nova SV Beavertail: $69

Nova Ambi-Safety: $74

Nova Slide Catch: $37

ProG4 Trigger $28

ProG4 Trigger loop: $33

ProG4 SV Hammer: $54

ProG4 Front Sight $21

Nova Fiber Rear Sight: $72

SD Nozzle: $20

PDI piston: $12

9Ball Bucking: $18

PDI Hi-Capa Inner Barrel: $55

Guarder Spring: $8

Base TM Hi-Capa for the missing parts(I probably could get the individual parts now): $150

Total: $1511

Still not a PTW though....:P

Annoyingly also, this was the first time I tallied the cost of that pistol...which is hurting me a little...

Get a rail and mount a rs t1 on it :P . Racing, know not proper area, but do a complete post of all yr guns, as they are always great to oogle Edited by wazzy1013