WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

True, although my floor is thickly carpeted and not hard, my magazine's fill valve is now FUBAR'd. It's not leaking from around the sides, the center fill point of the valve is what's actually not sealing and now the magazine will not hold any gas period.

So within the first 500 rounds of use the bolt stop is broken and the magazine is completely useless until WE releases replacement fill valves for it.

Airsoft Buddy, I don't suppose you do returns/refunds do you?

Edit: Nevermind, just checked Airsoft Buddy's web page and it looks like they do not take returns on defective guns. Looks like I'm stuck with it unless anyone wants to buy a new WE M4 with a broken bolt stop and defective magazine fill valve for say $400 or so.

Jin>> I've already passed your problem and photos to WE already. WE also know that problem. So they're making the spare parts of this bolt catch in steel. WE will ship one to me and mail to you once they're ready. Sorry for any inconvenience and sorry for keep you waiting. Of course, you don't need to pay for it. I'll charge WE for that.

For anyone who find that the bolt catch is broken, please feel free to let me know. I will pass your case to WE report this.

Edited by Airsoft Buddy
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

According to WE's reply, they already notify that bolt catch broken problem. WE said that parts is a comsuption product. So they're making the spare parts of bolt catch in steel. WE suggested play with unlock bolt function until the reinforced steel bolt catch launch. The steel bolt catch will at a very reasonable price for all WE M4's supporters.

Lupus, your M4 looks awesome. Can I post a pic of it on another forum to show what can be done to this gun?

Sure. No problem. You can use it.

Oh, and the gun uses clockwise threading, right? That means if I wanted to get a Noveske Firepig, I should get this one, right?

Should work. As I've pointed out, the threads should be 14mm CW/+.

So they're making the spare parts of bolt catch in steel. WE suggested play with unlock bolt function until the reinforced steel bolt catch launch. The steel bolt catch will at a very reasonable price for all WE M4's supporters.

That is marvelous, Airsoft Buddy.

I'd love to have one of those steel bolt stops too. Mine has worked so far fine, but it's clearly evident that it won't last in the long run. As I pointed out earlier, that was the only part I really suspected of breaking, even if mine is (still) working. It does seem low quality amidst all the good stuff (which is plenty!). And I think that since the gun has a steel bolt, there shouldn't be problems with steel bolt stops. Then it will be steel agains steel, not steel against pot metal.

Otherwise everything is still fine and I couldn't be happier with. What is curious, I've had no problems using 134a as gas. I wonder if the gas is a bit different here than what Jin uses...? What was the surrounding temperature? Mine was enough to do the job. It has enough power to lock back the bolt even after firing some short bursts. And no problems at all with empty shots etc. But I believe I'll be using GG since it's so much more fun. I just need to change the shorter barrel and see what fps it produces.

My problems (so far the only ones) have been:

1) The hopup adjustment is too tight and it won't turn. I think I need to remove it from the body so that I can properly use silicone and force it to make it move.

2) Magazine leaked at first, but after few fills it stopped. And has worked fine ever since.

Airsoft Buddy: Can you provide us some kind of guidance how to take apart the hopup unit and change the barrel?

Edited by Lupus78

Thank you very much Airsoft Buddy!

I responded to your email to me as well and I will be very much looking foward to getting the stronger steel bolt catch in the mail from you when WE has finished making them. Once again your customer service is top notch! :D

In the meantime though, since every other new WE M4 owner here has posted pictures of theirs I think it's time to post some pics of mine ^_^

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00133-1.jpg

DSC00148-1.jpg

That's awesome that WE are going to make a steel bolt catch available, and it's also awesome that Airsoft Buddy is giving all this feedback directly to WE. But if I may suggest, perhaps WE should consider making the steel bolt catch standard on all rifles. Furthermore, I think it'd go a long way towards customer satisfaction that WE sends out the steel bolt catch free of charge to all customers of the current style bolt catch. My one biggest gripe about buying a newly designed gun is when customers end up being the testers for a product in which all the major kinks haven't been ironed out before launch, and then the company releases an "upgrade" part that should have been standard on the gun as it is a part that frequently fails due to poor product design/planning. We don't know for certain if this is rampant on all of the WE M4s, but if it is, I think it'd be looked positively upon if customers could send their original bolt catch and WE sent out a steel replacement.

Just my 2 cents.

That's awesome that WE are going to make a steel bolt catch available, and it's also awesome that Airsoft Buddy is giving all this feedback directly to WE. But if I may suggest, perhaps WE should consider making the steel bolt catch standard on all rifles. Furthermore, I think it'd go a long way towards customer satisfaction that WE sends out the steel bolt catch free of charge to all customers of the current style bolt catch. My one biggest gripe about buying a newly designed gun is when customers end up being the testers for a product in which all the major kinks haven't been ironed out before launch, and then the company releases an "upgrade" part that should have been standard on the gun as it is a part that frequently fails due to poor product design/planning. We don't know for certain if this is rampant on all of the WE M4s, but if it is, I think it'd be looked positively upon if customers could send their original bolt catch and WE sent out a steel replacement.

Just my 2 cents.

though it is annoying if the end users end up being the testers, at least WE is listening....it could be worse...they could just ignore us all together.

I think the fact that WE is listening to customers and acting upon feedback is already just about revolutionary. Keep it up! And yes, I would like to have a proper spare part, since this current one won't last long. It's strange that now I envy Jin for having a broken bolt stop... :huh:

Oh, and I hope they test the steel bolt stop properly before launching it. I don't want it to chew up the internals of my gun.

Edited by Lupus78

The installation of the CQB length barrel was very easy. Just take off the handguards, unscrew the barrel nut with all the teeth on it (meant for use with an armorer's wrench, I just used a big pair of pliers) and the outer barrel comes right off. Then open up th receiver and take out the bolt and charging handle and you can slide the entire inner barrel/hopup/chamber set out the front of the receiver.

Takedown of th hopup is obvious. Remove the two pins and the hopup comes apart into a few different pieces. Swap the hopup rubber to the new barrel and put it all back together the same way it came apart. I assure you it's quite simple, much more so than on any AEG.

Worth noting though is that I did put a small o-ring around the outside of the inner barrel to center it at the end of the outer barrel, as it tended to want to drift down a bit without the o-ring to center it.

Haven't had a chance to chrono the gun with the CQB length barrel, but hopefully I'll be able to within the next few days if I can borrow a chronograph from someone local. ^_^

Thanks! I think I'll try to swap the barrel tonight and chrono it. I really hope it will be below 126m/s (or 415fps). ^_^

And nice to know the o-ring trick. I guess I should do the same. I'll try to take pics of the process while I'm at it.

Edited by Lupus78
Please also try to chrono it with 134a + CQB barrel if you can. That'd be very much appreciated. I hope it falls below 330fps.

Certainly. I'll test it also with the 134a. It would be wonderful if I could use the gun in CQB games where the powerlimit is 1J. And with 1.6 joule outdoor limits I could use green gas.

With the long barrel and 134a the power is around 1.2-1.5 joules, depending on bb weight. The heavier the nastier. But as Jin reported, the 134a doesn't work always properly. Maybe due to small differences in gas types we have available, since mine seems to work fine with 134a. And with green gas it's way over 2 joules.

Edited by Lupus78

Jin: You said that the firing pin issue occured when you used the loading arm. Did that ever happen during normal reloads, like when you just change the empty magazine after the bolt has stopped and then when you release the bolt back with a fresh magazine? I really don't want that to happen in the middle of combat.

I know you can't really try that now when your bolt stop is busted...

Just my 2 cents.

[x] This!

I couldnt agree more. The least they could do for us customers is at least send it along with the package if they dont want to produce a ton to put with the gun on launch. I think what AB is doing for us is wonderful and have decided against my previous decision to buy from ASGI/WGC and purchase from AB as the least I can do for how much help he is doing.

I'm also very happy to see that WE is listening to our greifs and fixing them, although it does suck to be guiniea pigs for them at least it's getting resolved so more efficient gas systems can be designed in the future! I look forward to more indepth reviews of the gun :) I patiently await more findings once these guns hit the 5k/10k bb mark so I can sell off stuff and be happy :)

EDIT: Jin have you tried lubing up the "firing" pin?

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

I hope someone picks this up and makes aftermarket stuff. Given that WE will take care of the bolt stop, I hope add-ons, particularly receivers, barrels (inner and outer) will start showing up.

Airsoft Buddy:

Any word on the selling of uppers and lower seperate, or selling parts kits for the WE? I would hate to purchase on and simply swap out half the parts.

AB if you could feed back to WE that users are interested in buying fixed handle A2 style receivers that would be appreciated.

Alternatively a HK416, HK417 or CAR15 style after market kits should sell quite well.

Cheers

TC

HK417 would be really cool, in fact anything with a 7.62 would be great and completely different to anything else on the market. I think that would sell really well, I would certainly buy one.

AB if you could feed back to WE that users are interested in buying fixed handle A2 style receivers that would be appreciated.

Alternatively a HK416, HK417 or CAR15 style after market kits should sell quite well.

Cheers

TC

+1

Especially considering the fps on GG, and possible issues on 134a - A semi only HK417, or SR25 would be ideal, and even that would only be allowed at a handful of sites in the UK.

But hey, a GBB, semi only SR25 would still be worth it! :)

Edited by Smoke

Im hoping the reinforced parts(bolt stop etc)and spare mags(spares for those would be nice too) appear soon,as I dont want mine ending up the same way..

If they made a M16 /Car-15/E2 with 20rnd mags I would buy 10 of each. ;)

Does anyone know what exactly is different in the WGC version with the lower fps? As I wont be able to use mine to skirmish with until I get the fps lower.(when I receive it)

Also Jin/Lupus, is the hopup rubber just like a regular aeg one or specific?

Cheers

Luke.

Im hoping the reinforced parts(bolt stop etc)and spare mags(spares for those would be nice too) appear soon,as I dont want mine ending up the same way..

If they made a M16 /Car-15/E2 with 20rnd mags I would buy 10 of each. ;)

Does anyone know what exactly is different in the WGC version with the lower fps? As I wont be able to use mine to skirmish with until I get the fps lower.(when I receive it)

Also Jin/Lupus, is the hopup rubber just like a regular aeg one or specific?

Cheers

Luke.

it was stated earlier that the WGC version is an "export" version, hence the lower velocity