WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Hello everybody,

i have just received my WE M4 two hours ago :)

I have just fired a couple of mag, absolutely fantastic ! (yes i know, it's my firt GBB <_< ), but i noticed that there was some wobble between the upper and lower body. So i dissambled it and this is the awful thing i discovered :

http://www.imagefreehost.com/files/1411200...1225913449.jpeg

http://imagik.fr/view-rl/154997

http://www.imagefreehost.com/files/1411200...1367073270.jpeg

http://imagik.fr/view-rl/154998

http://www.imagefreehost.com/files/1411200...1369047307.jpeg

http://imagik.fr/view-rl/155000

The upper is broken where the rear pin pass through the upper !! :angry:

I'm going to mail Airsoft Buddy to show him this.

Edited by cocofr69
Hello everybody,

i have just received my WE M4 two hours ago :)

I have just fired a couple of mag, absolutely fantastic ! (yes i know, it's my firt GBB <_< ), but i noticed that there was some wobble betwen the upper and lower body. So i dissambled it and this is the awful thing i discovered :

your pics don't work ..

coco: That's a real bummer! Hope that AB will ship you a new upper.

GOOD NEWS: Here's some really good news to people that have strict fps limits. SAA told that they are currently testing custom drop-in nozzle part that you can use to drop the velocity. They're developing different versions for different needs. He told it will take a few weeks of testing, so keep patient. And have fun plinking with the gun without it. :lol:

Edited by Lupus78

Coco: Thats awfull news! Sorry to see yours came broke! Maybe it got damaged in shipping somehow? An airbubble plus the compression and decompression cycle of an airplane can cause fractures like that! Hopefully you can get the part replaced and that this is a rare problem!

Lupus: Did SAA clarify at all what they mean by "drop-in nozzle part that you can use to drop the velocity"?? I hope it's not something rediculous like the TM Velocity reducer =\ and something more like a heavier nozzle or something.

Lupus: Did SAA clarify at all what they mean by "drop-in nozzle part that you can use to drop the velocity"?? I hope it's not something rediculous like the TM Velocity reducer =\ and something more like a heavier nozzle or something.

Yeah. Got a picture here... This is really awesome thing indeed.

custom_nozzle.jpg

Good god and he's still getting around 2joules with that............the airsystem design on this is a true winner in my book....thats just crazy.

This gun shoots like a monster. The gas system really seems well sealed, so most of the gas is really spent pushing the bb and the blowback bolt. Not wasted venting from the port. So I think the "ugly brass tube" is really justified! ;)

Edited by Lupus78

*albatross*? i'm not familiar wit this boards acronyms.

a drop in nozzle to keep it under 500 fps would be great, along with one below 350.

when i get mine, i'm going to see if you can modify the sear system to make it semi only. then ill buy spare parts and ill have a semi only trigger group and a FA trigger group. then ill be able to exchange parts to make an out door gun and an in door gun. (or maybe i'll just build 2 guns...)

Yeah. Got a picture here... This is really awesome thing indeed.

This gun shoots like a monster. The gas system really seems well sealed, so most of the gas is really spent pushing the bb and the blowback bolt. Not wasted venting from the port. So I think the "ugly brass tube" is really justified! ;)

Ya thats actually what I figured when I saw the design. Makes alot more sense then the WA system, while it replicates RS better, it sucks because the seal will never be as good.

hey Lupus... can you test fire and chrono your rifle using it outside in the cold with green gas if its not too much trouble... i am curious how it performs then

Okay. My gun just spent 20 minutes outside in 6 degrees temperature. The gun feels cold as a Russian hell (Finnish saying...), but still shoots fine 120-125 m/s with the APS3 gas. Even full automatic. WOW! Nothing more to say. I left the gun on the balcony, and will test it more. I'll let you know if the performance drops from that. But from this I can say for certain, that with CO2 magazines this gun will kick *albatross* even wintertime! I guess next sunday I will drag along this baby. Gotta try it even if I had only one magazine... Just have to carry a speedloader, bottle of gas and a backup AEG. ;)

EDIT: Back from the balcony. Now it had been 45 minutes outside and been shot with 25 minutes before, not bringing it inside in between. It still fired steady 115 m/s.

I'm loving this rifle every minute even more than minute before. :wub:

Edited by Lupus78
Perhaps with a weaker recoil spring and a lighter bolt set 134a would work, but in stock form I think this gun is suitable only for use with green gas / propane.

I think we need at least couple of different power restriction sets (for green gas / top gas / propane).

Can someone explain the different gases or link me to a thread in the forums (if it exists) im new to GBB and only used gas in my pistol and when i did, it was green gas. I've never been sure on when to use which type of gas, but was told that if the weapon is metal, it takes green gas. Based on what i've been reading in this thread i'm guessing propane is the strongest in terms of kick, but what is the differnce between them all, and where can i buy propane gas?

Its sounding like in order to get the full WE experience the user needs propane gas... and i have no idea where to get it.

thanks in advance.

so, even in colder temps, you can get a full mag off in one burst?

6c is like 43f, so at -8c it should start to fail to keep pace. at 0c, co2 has a pressure of around 400psi, so it should still run the gun at its full potential even a sub zero conditions.

gonna kinda suck buying 6 green gas mags and 6 co2 mags. i was thinking 12 each, but that sucks away too much money from the customization funds.

edit: writing response to eldelphi...

134a is a gas developed for japan when the FPS limits were put in place. that gas runs most gas guns at a safe FPS level (with ~80psi in hot temps). green gas was developed to make gas guns more powerful for everyone who is not limited for 1j power levels. green happens to have the same PSI level as propane so people took up propane using Colman(or similar tanks)tanks of propane and a fill valve adapters available at most airsoft stores. the Colman propane tanks hold roughly 5 times the capacity of gas as the 1100ml bottles of green gas everyone's used to using, but cost 4 bucks(USD) each from wall mart, big 5 and other department stores with sporting goods and propane sections. the only downside to propane (if the smell doesn't bother you) is that it is not mixed with lubricant like airsoft grade green gas so you need to manual put silicon lube in the fill needle of the adapter every few mags so the gun runs correctly. CO2 was implemented by people who are power hungry and those seeking good performance in the winter. CO2 is very powerful running at a good PSI level even under -20f temps. its peak PSI level is 800(remember green is 180) so most guns need the gas to be regulated to work or the gun must be built to take it(like some WE and KJW pistols).

that cover it?

Edited by Horsem4n
...i'm going to see if you can modify the sear system to make it semi only. then ill buy spare parts and ill have a semi only trigger group and a FA trigger group. then ill be able to exchange parts to make an out door gun and an in door gun. (or maybe i'll just build 2 guns...)

Thanks Lupus and Urpeacekeeper :)

I have mailed AB to show him the problem, i have good hope that he will find a solution, he have been perfect till now with everyone's problem.

Horsem4n, modifying the trigger system to make it semi only is quite easy in did. The only thing to do is to cut the rear part of the disconnector.

Look at this link http://www.bushmaster.com/anatomy_bushmaster.asp, then click "start" and in the menu click "parts".

In the list of the parts, search "disconnector", then you will see how the disconnector works : the one that is shown in the animation is the semi only model, the auto model looks like the ones you can see on this link http://www.ftfindustries.com/m16fullautopage.htm

In fact, the disconnector is the parts that retain the hammer while the trigger is pressed during the semi auto firing mode. For the auto mode, the selector push on the disconnector to avoid it to catch the hammer. If you cut the rear of the disconnector, the selector cannot push on it, then no auto fire possible.

I have look at the trigger group of my WE M4, and it's quite similar to the RS one, but i can't say if a RS disconnetor will fit in. If we can have spare parts of the trigger group, we will be able to make a disconnector for semi only and have a other one to replace it for having auto again.

so, even in colder temps, you can get a full mag off in one burst?

Didn't say that. I just said it "works" and chronoes fine. I can get single shots and bursts one full mag. But cooldown is more evident than normally. I'd say you can forget straight full auto on this temperature. Fine by me. I try to spare ammo anyway. M4 ain't a machinegun you know. ;)

Lupus, can you tell me where you found the information on the custom nozzle by Sun Arms Airsoft. I would like to learn more about it as it develops.

I asked straight from SAA by personal message in GGI forums. He posted the picture. I don't think they'll post much info before they have it ready to release. And it seems to be the small part inside the nozzle, not a nozzle itself.

Edited by Lupus78
Thanks Lupus and Urpeacekeeper :)

I have mailed AB to show him the problem, i have good hope that he will find a solution, he have been perfect till now with everyone's problem.

Horsem4n, modifying the trigger system to make it semi only is quite easy in did. The only thing to do is to cut the rear part of the disconnector.

Look at this link http://www.bushmaster.com/anatomy_bushmaster.asp, then click "start" and in the menu click "parts".

In the list of the parts, search "disconnector", then you will see how the disconnector works : the one that is shown in the animation is the semi only model, the auto model looks like the ones you can see on this link http://www.ftfindustries.com/m16fullautopage.htm

In fact, the disconnector is the parts that retain the hammer while the trigger is pressed during the semi auto firing mode. For the auto mode, the selector push on the disconnector to avoid it to catch the hammer. If you cut the rear of the disconnector, the selector cannot push on it, then no auto fire possible.

I have look at the trigger group of my WE M4, and it's quite similar to the RS one, but i can't say if a RS disconnetor will fit in. If we can have spare parts of the trigger group, we will be able to make a disconnector for semi only and have a other one to replace it for having auto again.

Sorry to hear that your M4's upper receiver was broken when received. I've already sent the your photos to WE and request to have a spare upper receiver for your replacement. Of course, you don't need to pay. That's our service. I will ship you the replacement when I got it from WE. May need a bit time for shipping from Taiwan. Sorry for keep you waiting. I'm so sorry about that.

Lupus: Could you post few more pics of the upper receiver? From the one´s im seen im very certain you could use a unmodified RS upper with the WE parts. Only thing still bugging is the barrel mounting.

Pic of a Bushmaster receiver for reference (lower one is systema).

http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scarst004jd0.jpg

Also on the charging handle issue, if anyone has a systema ptw one to try out then you know if a RS one will fit. :)

Edited by elrey

Hmmm. I wouldn't want to remove the barrel assembly again. Just got it back together... But I can sure take pictures while it's field stripped. Maybe our stateside friends here could actually try it out? RS parts are cheap as dirt over there. Wupjak perhaps? Haven't heard of him lately. ;)

I'll ask around if someone has that Systema's over-priced box of electronics. I guess that with this GBB the whole point of PTW is... well... pointless. What could be more realistic training weapon than this?

Edited by Lupus78

I should have been more specific I meant AEG outer barrels. my bad :rolleyes:

No, they're not. As you should be able to see from the pictures (on this very same page), the barrel end and hopup hole is closer to typical gas gun barrels. Not that it would matter to me, since the barrels that came with the gun seem really good quality. And 6.03mm in my opinion is just perfect for an assault rifle. I'm sure there will be longer aftermarket barrels for people wanting to build up a sniper rifle out of this.