WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

The hopup unit lined up correctly into the body.

http://www.badjuju.fi/guns/we_m4_disassembly_07.jpg

How does the outer barrel and upper receiver fit together? Normally on a RS M4, heck even in a AEG M4, the rear of the outer barrel slides into the collar with the barrel nut threads of the upper receiver. But the collar on the WE M4 appears to have two cut outs on either side, and inside of the collar is filled with the hop up unit. I guess I'm just wondering how stable and secure the outer barrel is?

Does anybody know if G&P even might be coming out with external mods for the future. If it looks like G&P will make M16 conversion parts for this, I'm ordering one.

I'd be surprised if G&P jumped on the WE band wagon. Financially if the WE picks up a lot of popularity and sales are solid they may start producing WE receivers... but don't forget that the G&P WA receivers are cast metal which means that G&P has a huge financial investment in the molds they had made to produce large quantities of the WA receivers. While externally the WE and WA are close dimensionally (given that they are both based of a RS M4, although I know for a fact that my WA M4 is a little inaccurate in some measurements), internally the WE and WA are probably significantly different from one another. That means that G&P would have to create entirely new molds if they wanted to make receivers for the WE M4. Financially, that may be hard for G&P to stomach as they still haven't fully recouped all their money from the WA M4 receiver investment.

Also, I personally think I'd rather pay WE's prices for a new receiver set than G&P for their prices. G&P's AEG M4's are on average $100-105. However their WA receivers are $180. The AEG receiver has far more parts and not that much more metal content than a WA receiver. Personally, I think the only reason why they're charging customers an additional $80 is simply based off the fact that (1) they know that anyone buying a WA M4 has deeper financial pockets than someone buying a regular AEG M4 (A WA M4 costs $500+. The mags are insanely expensive. A TM M4 is half the price and mags are a fraction of the WA's mag prices). I have suspicions that G&P adjusted the price of the WA receiver set to be higher based on the fact that the WA GBB M4 is so expensive to begin with even though on G&P's end the actual unit cost is probably cheaper than that of an AEG receiver set, and (2) they're making the customer pay the molding costs.

Between the G&P AEG M4 Receiver Set and a G&P WA Receiver Set, you're not really paying for anything that costs more to make or is higher in overall quality... simply that one is different from the other. To me, that doesn't quantify a higher price tag.

If the WE M4's receiver quality was horrible I'd consider getting a G&P one if they ever made it. However, from what we've seen so far, the WE receiver is extremely decent (casting aside cocofr69's issues which is hopefully a rare occurrence/lemon), so I'd rather have a WE receiver that has accurate trademarks at a reasonable price range vs. G&P's typical jacked up for no reason prices. ;)

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I asked Airsoft Buddy if WE was going to be releasing a parts kit to convert the 480 FPS version Airsoft Buddy sells to the 350 FPS version that WGC shop sells. Or if he knew some way to downgrade the power to shoot within my field limits. He said...

I'll ask our gun smith about how to reduce the power from 480 to below 400fps.

And will get back to you as soon as possible.

So either through Airsoft Buddy, WE, or SAA I'm sure we'll have a way to downgrade the power to a more skirmishable level before too long.

And coco, I'm really sorry to hear that your receiver tab came broken! I'm certain you must have got a lemon since the receiver tabs on mine and everyone else's that I've seen are very solid and secure. Airsoft Buddy has been very good about customer service though so I'm sure you'll get a replacement upper at no cost.

uscmcorps, once you tighten down the barrel nut the outer barrel and handguards are the most secure and rock solid of any airsoft M4 front set I've handled. No wobble at all, the handguards do not shift even 1mm, and the whole thing feels extremely solid. So no worries there.

I'm not sure if the dimensions would match up or not, but the way the outer barrel slides into the receiver is very similar to the Tokyo Marui system (2 nubs on the side of the outer barrel lock into two slots on the receiver and the whole thing is secured by tightening down the barrel nut over the receiver's threading).

As far as aftermarket receivers go, you're probably right that unless these turn out to be incredibly popular that G&P won't jump on the band wagon for parts support. They've already got so much invested in the WA M4 that I doubt they'll start supporting the WE... but who knows, only time will tell.

I am pretty sure that Socom Gear and Madbull will be providing aftermarket parts (metal bodies, etc.) for the WE M4 though, since Socom Gear has a gas blowback Noveske N4 coming out soon that appears to be based off the WE gas blowback system. It appears to be a collaboration between Socom Gear and Madbull (with Madbull doing the receiver, rail system, etc.) so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Madbull starts putting out trademarked receivers for the WE M4 before too long.

Personally I'd love a lower with Colt trades! :D

Sorry to hear that your M4's upper receiver was broken when received. I've already sent the your photos to WE and request to have a spare upper receiver for your replacement. Of course, you don't need to pay. That's our service. I will ship you the replacement when I got it from WE. May need a bit time for shipping from Taiwan. Sorry for keep you waiting. I'm so sorry about that.

Like i have said in the email i have sent to you few minutes ago, Airsoft Buddy you're the perfect man ! :)

I'm very happy to have bought this gun from you instead of from any other shop, first because of all the pictures, videos and answers to any questions you gave us from the first day and two because of your excelent and fast customer service.

Thanks again.

Edited by cocofr69
I asked Airsoft Buddy if WE was going to be releasing a parts kit to convert the 480 FPS version Airsoft Buddy sells to the 350 FPS version that WGC shop sells. Or if he knew some way to downgrade the power to shoot within my field limits.

WGC chrono the gun using 134a. Thats why its reading 350fps. :rolleyes:

you fired it with the bolt cover closed, didnt you yehaw?

sadigh, airsft buddy said(a few pages back) that WE is distributing 2 versions. an export version only buyable through airsoft buddy and an asia market version that wgc got a hold of.

Edited by Horsem4n
134a is a gas developed for japan when the FPS limits were put in place. that gas runs most gas guns at a safe FPS level (with ~80psi in hot temps). green gas was developed to make gas guns more powerful for everyone who is not limited for 1j power levels. green happens to have the same PSI level as propane so people took up propane using Colman(or similar tanks)tanks of propane and a fill valve adapters available at most airsoft stores. the Colman propane tanks hold roughly 5 times the capacity of gas as the 1100ml bottles of green gas everyone's used to using, but cost 4 bucks(USD) each from wall mart, big 5 and other department stores with sporting goods and propane sections. the only downside to propane (if the smell doesn't bother you) is that it is not mixed with lubricant like airsoft grade green gas so you need to manual put silicon lube in the fill needle of the adapter every few mags so the gun runs correctly. CO2 was implemented by people who are power hungry and those seeking good performance in the winter. CO2 is very powerful running at a good PSI level even under -20f temps. its peak PSI level is 800(remember green is 180) so most guns need the gas to be regulated to work or the gun must be built to take it(like some WE and KJW pistols).

that cover it?

Thanks for the explanation. that clears things up a bit.

he could JB weld that *badgeress* back on. only looks glued.

If real steel dustcover sets work, that's a total of $5 for a new set in the States.

Speaking of AEG outer barrel compatibility, has any of the owners tried to install a TM AEG outer barrel on this?

Edited by slu

I can't identify the broken part in yehaws last picture.. what is it?!

Would be interesting to know which parts can be replaced by original M4 parts.. especially internals.. trigger assembly, fire selector, charging handle, dust cover, ... ( http://www.ftfindustries.com/AR15SmallParts.htm <- for example )

/me is still waiting for my own M4.. should be here next week..

And coco, I'm really sorry to hear that your receiver tab came broken! I'm certain you must have got a lemon since the receiver tabs on mine and everyone else's that I've seen are very solid and secure. Airsoft Buddy has been very good about customer service though so I'm sure you'll get a replacement upper at no cost.

Thanks Jin :)

I have a little surprise for you <_<

http://imagik.fr/view-rl/155406

Do you see what it means ?

A few posts ago, someone have proposed to you to mold you a new steel bolt catch if he could have a blueprint of it, i'm going to try to do it the more precise i can. ;)

I have also examine it, and it can be improved , it seems that there is enough place to make it thicker.

Edited by cocofr69
just passing on all the pics from other forums .. ;-)

The photos are helpful, but you may want to mention that next time. It's important for other people to know if pictures posted are first hand experiences from the actual poster or just photos relayed from another forum. Sometimes someone posting someone else's pics isn't in full possession of the facts behind that pic and you can end up with misinformation.

cant wait till US retailers starts stocking these babies.

got a response from airsoftgi,

"I recieve a sample earlier in the week. Seems to be doing ok but we are a bit taken back on how realistic it is I am not sure yet if it will be imported or not.

Keep an eye out. "

-airsoftgi

*drools* it just makes me want it more...

cant wait till US retailers starts stocking these babies.

got a response from airsoftgi,

"I recieve a sample earlier in the week. Seems to be doing ok but we are a bit taken back on how realistic it is I am not sure yet if it will be imported or not.

Keep an eye out. "

-airsoftgi

*drools* it just makes me want it more...

If the WA and Inokatsu's can be imported into the country by AEX, the WE shouldn't have problems.