WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

i gonna install a 407mm PDI 05. the hop openings are very simple and would be a quick job. i just hope that the dboys ris will have correct threading...

you know. going full VOLTOR would be cool. but ill just wait for the upper recivers.

Edited by Horsem4n
with guns, the price is always cheaper to buy them over seas. the shipping brings the price equalto or lower than US prices and then you wont have to pay for us shipping.

I disagree, many US retailers offer free shipping and are very competitive to "overseas" prices.

And when are we going to see either mags for sale,

or espically, c02 mags?

Last given date was january for the CO2 mags, regular in two weeks or so. Waiting the CO2s myself, plus the power tune-up parts.

Edited by Lupus78

thats smart but you dont have to wait that long. by january when the mags are out, madbul will have reliesed their kit and that would probably create a wake of kits.

comon guys? you realy think G&P wont have the recorces to put out more kits? they would be very similar to the WA M4 kits. just think about it. they have tons of products on the market.

Edited by Horsem4n

Personally I am going to wait until January to see if the GBP has regained some of its strenght over the USD. If I had bought one of these about 4-5 months ago for the $460 It would have been about £80 because of the exchange rate (and at that exchange rate £80 was about $150!)

So hopefully I can wait and get CO2 mags and a better deal all at the same time :)

Just got back from the woods. So I've used it for the first time in actual skirmish. ^_^

Overall accuracy and hopup seems top notch! I was able to set the hopup so that the trajectory was straight even with 0.28g BB and green gas in 5 degree Celcius rainy weather. Range even in this horrible weather seemed excellent. Definitely on a good quality AEG level. We started at 11 am and finished 15:30 pm. It was raining a bit the whole time and temperature was dropping steadily. Man my stuff is all wet... Had to disassemble the gun now, since it was soaked wet.

At the beginning the gun chronoed nice 1.5 joules (the limit was 1.6) and it kept functioning fine on semi and some short bursts I used in the game. Got actually my first eliminations with it. During the game it kept raining on and eventually, about four hours later, the temperature had dropped steadily to 1 or 2 degrees. In the last game the gun made it's first empty shots since it got so cold, and it didn't have enough power to reload a new bb (without racking the handle manually).

All in all, it was a really great experience! The gun kept going on almost the whole day and I was able to play with it, conserving ammo since I had only one magazine and a speed loader... So not many mags worth of bb's. The working of the hopup and it's accuracy seemed wonderful, even in this worst kind of weather I got play with it.

It was also fun to suprise people! A lot of people wanted to try some shots with it. And oh boy they loved it. :)

Now to hot shower! Hrrrrr...

the US economy is slowly coming back, but wait untill febuary when our new prez swears in and he implaments his plans. the exchange rate should make a jump in the right direction.

Horsem4n:

Well, the markets saw drastic overall decline when Obama won the election (while Obama's win probably had only a small effect on it), and we should be preparing for what I would call rampant tax increases, along with the possibility of "gun control" bills that may or may not effect airsoft as a sport, so I wouldn't say anything is certain, but let's not get off topic. I'm sure it will hardly effect your ability to purchase a $400 airsoft gun.

I know we're all very excited about this, but repeatedly asking whether or not this will happen or not is a bit pointless, since no one knows. Like I said, the only thing's I'm quite certain will not carry over from the WA/TM AEG kits are the inner barrels, outer barrels, the receiver, and obviously everything internal to the receiver.

Lupus:

That's great to hear.

Edited by slu

Thank you very much for the skirmish update Lupus! Great to hear that this gun can hold it's own with a stable hopup trajectory even in extremely cold weather ^_^

Think you could give us an estimate on how far it shoots with the hopup tuned flat using green gas?

I hope to be able to get out and find somewhere safe to tune the hopup and do some range firing within the next week, so hopefully I'll be able to echo your experiences once I've had a chance to do some distance shooting with mine ^_^

It's been quite cold here the past week or so, 0°C to -5°C on average so my plans for doing an outdoor range test have been a bit delayed.

Think you could give us an estimate on how far it shoots with the hopup tuned flat using green gas?

Weather didn't help in that, unfortunately. So all my estimates are... well... just estimates. Nothing solid. It was constant struggle against fogging and there was water on the goggles all the time. I made some test shots at the beginning when the weather wasn't that bad. The gun shot straigth as far as I could see with naked eyes, with iron sights. Took a point at somewhere and hit it with great accuracy. That was at least 30-40 meters.

Doing the "math": Considering it had 1.5J power, 0.28gg higrade-bb's, 6.03mm inner barrel, hopup that seems to work well and rather consistent fps...

I'm hoping someone else is able to produce more reliable accuracy tests. I believe that I also have to wait warmer weather. The temperature dropped below zero today and in future games it will be colder than yesterday.

Here's some video (xvid) from yesterday. The temperature was, as I told, around 4 degrees at the time of video... And yeah, that's me in the video.

Edited by Lupus78
Weather didn't help in that, unfortunately. So all my estimates are... well... just estimates. Nothing solid. It was constant struggle against fogging and there was water on the goggles all the time. I made some test shots at the beginning when the weather wasn't that bad. The gun shot straigth as far as I could see with naked eyes, with iron sights. Took a point at somewhere and hit it with great accuracy. That was at least 30-40 meters.

Doing the "math": Considering it had 1.5J power, 0.28gg higrade-bb's, 6.03mm inner barrel, hopup that seems to work well and rather consistent fps...

I'm hoping someone else is able to produce more reliable accuracy tests. I believe that I also have to wait warmer weather. The temperature dropped below zero today and in future games it will be colder than yesterday.

Here's some video from yesterday. The temperature was, as I told, around 4 degrees at the time of video... And yeah, that's me in the video.

That sweet :x Where did you buy it :D and how much it is. I live in Espoo and I would be glad if we can make friend :) My msn is: kaminari84@hotmail.com

Hope to see u

/all: srr cause spam :P

It was constant struggle against fogging and there was water on the goggles all the time.

Have you tried using FogTech to combat the fogging and water? I did a trial at work where I coated half a pair of glasses with fogtech then left them in a -20oC freezer for 7 hours and when I removed them the treated half did not fog at all. I use the stuff all the time at skirmishes now but we dont get down to minus 20 in Scotland :)