WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Also, I think this may have been answered but is the flash hider 14mm+ meaning I can pop on any G&P compatible flash hider?

yep, I have my old phantom flash hider on it that was on my old G&P M4 ;)

However, he did say that when we order extra magazines from him that he would include the WE produced steel bolt catch for free for those who have bought the pre-steel-bolt-catch version.

great!

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I can't really tell whether or not the bolt catch is made of steel, but Airsoft Buddy said mine wasn't. He said WE was still producing the steel ones to be put into newer guns.

However, he did say that when we order extra magazines from him that he would include the WE produced steel bolt catch for free for those who have bought the pre-steel-bolt-catch

Now THAT is what I call excellent customer service and product support. Well done AirsoftBuddy and WE !!!! :)

theres always that - to + adaptor ;)

Wont that add length to the outer barrel though? Might make it look a little weird but sounds like its my only option

Just wondering if anyone can confirm that the pistol grip of the WE is real spec? Im just wondering if the G&P storm grip for the WA will fit without extensive modding, as i hear the WA pistol grips are real spec. Cheers

Wont that add length to the outer barrel though? Might make it look a little weird but sounds like its my only option

Just wondering if anyone can confirm that the pistol grip of the WE is real spec? Im just wondering if the G&P storm grip for the WA will fit without extensive modding, as i hear the WA pistol grips are real spec. Cheers

Yeah adds about an inch.

You guys have me sold, I may be getting one as soon as the steel bolt stops come in.

Edited by slu

no, it only adds a centimeter.

if you order one now from airsoftbuddy, itle come with a steel bolt stop.

the grip is real steel spec.

the grips for real guns arent much more expencive than airsoft rifle grips. maybe around 5-10 bucks.

Edited by Horsem4n

hehe, a few years ago I posted about WE/Stti AEG M4 comming out for about $150 full metal this was the start of all the el cheepo AEGs comming out. I posted it on this forum, I found the news on some italian site. I hope the mark of this post means theres going to be some nice realistic rifle GBBs comming out, but also cheap ! :)

no, it only adds a centimeter.

if you order one now from airsoftbuddy, itle come with a steel bolt stop.

Where's this info from? Someone just posted that the steel bolt stops are still at the factory.

Yeah its probably closer to a cm than an inch.

If I get one of these, I want to attach a CQD style sling plate at the base of the stock pipe. Would a regular airsoft type (I'd be using a VFC) work or would I be better off getting a RS one?

Airsoft sling plates will not work unless they are designed to work with RS styles buffer tubes (i.e. 99% of airsoft sling plates are not compatible).

"Dear Frank,

I've jent a email to WE ans ask them about the coming package is it comes with the steel bolt catch after read your email. WE said that they still making the steel bolt catch, and will comes with the GBB M4 but not now. For those who ordered/purchased the WE GBB M4 before the steel bolt launch, we will ship together when they order the spare mags from us. So that means, if you place order for the WE GBB M4. Then you will get the steel bolt when you order the spare mags.

Thanks

William

Airsoft Buddy"

This is the email I received on Wednesday, so unless WE has started putting steel bolt catches in since then, I'd say Horsem4n is mistaken... unless Airsoft Buddy is, and I doubt the latter.

Edited by Lt.Fenix
However, he did say that when we order extra magazines from him that he would include the WE produced steel bolt catch for free for those who have bought the pre-steel-bolt-catch version.

That is pure awesomeness. I'm happier every minute I've ordered the WE M4 from AB.

And yes, I could also recommend this rifle to anyone interested. The build quality, power, accuracy and reliability are all equal (some even superior) to most AEG's in my opinion. Especially for it's price. And the shooting experience with it is something that even the PTW cannot match. Only thing AEG's are better for, is unrealistic and continuous spraying of huge amount of bb's. It is obvious you cannot use similar suppression fire with this carbine. And I think this is just a good thing. This rifle teaches more how to use a real carbine. More magazine changes and more cautious shots than just spraying where you think someone is. And I'm loving it every minute.

Airsoft sling plates will not work unless they are designed to work with RS styles buffer tubes (i.e. 99% of airsoft sling plates are not compatible).

Does anyone know if the plates designed for WA and PTW are compatible? I would also like to attach a one-point sling to the base of the tube.

Edited by Lupus78

I've disassembled the gun and made some detail photos I'd like to share with you. The photos are (very) big and I hope there are some new details for you..

Firstly, I encountered "some" wear out within the mag well as you can see on 2 photos, while I've only shot about .. 200 - 300 rounds..

Can anybody check his rifle if there is wear out, too? Lupus, Jin15... etc?

AirsoftBuddy, maybe you can send this to WE,.. ?

It seems, that the inserted mag is "pressing" against the mag well and from the other side the mag release spring that is "rubbing" against it.. especially when releasing the mag you are manually "rubbing" that spring against it..

overview

wefrontsight95e0.jpg

the WE sign on the front sight.. one of the few markings on the WE M4 ;)

spring60vo.jpg

the spring & buffer wich can be found in the buffer tube ( uh.. where else? )

upperreceivermarkings9cyj.jpg

markings on the top rail of the upper receiver

upperreceiverr32l.jpg

the upper receiver, back.. seems to be very thick and stable

boltcarriermaterialfziq.jpg

thick bolt carrier.. seems to be very good material

upperreceiverboltcarrije0w.jpg

the bolt carrier half inserted

function

hammeroxm8.jpg

here is the hammer..

functionhammerpinlo5o.jpg

.. and thats how it works.. the hammer is .. hammering :D against this pin..

pin6z6s.jpg

.. and on the other side, the pins releases the gas from the mag..

here you can already see the wear out I've stated above :/

wearout1r7yq.jpg

here again, the wear out marked^^

disassembling

barrelthreadfrontsightm6eu.jpg

the thread in front of the.. front sight. with the short inner barrel installed is that the place for the flash hider.

frontsightdisassembledsm2m.jpg

the disassembled front sight.. 2 pins and a screw holding it in place..

gpbarrelnutanddeltarinsvrk.jpg

G&P barrel nut and delta ring installed

outerbarrelassembling3vxx.jpg

outer barrel disassembling

hop up / inner barrel

innerwhobble8pt2.jpg

as previous stated, the inner barrel is whobbling a bit due to missing spacers.. so I put some tape around the inner barrel..

assembledantiwhobble16z2.jpg

..and it works :)

barrelrear715a.jpg

the hop up hole at the back of the inner barrel

hopupunitctwh.jpg

the whole hop up unit..

hopupunitclosezirl.jpg

.. and closer..

hopupunitdisassembledcoiu.jpg

.. and disassembled.. as you can see on the right side, the hop up is pressed down by a ball bearing^^

Carsten, yes that "wear" is somewhat normal. I think I've even seen that on real AR's. Mine is like that too and I'm sure others' are also.

It's not due to the magazine wearing the material out.. it's just that the way it was designed, only a very small amount of material was left so when the hole for the mag catch is machined, the wall thickness becomes so small that little amounts of it will break off as it is being cut.