WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

On mine I have had some new issues, partially my own fault but partially of design issue.

Aside from:

-Wearing/deforming bolt catch.

-Missing Barrel bushing. Outer barrel not aligned

-Default high hop.

My rifle started to develop the same issue as someone mentioned before, the striker doesn't return to position when I cock it, so sometimes when I put the mag in and rack the gun and fire it just goes "click".

I fixed it by putting some eproxy on the striker block and allowing the disengager to push up sooner, returning the striker to position.

However, firing a few times, BBs started jamming in the barrel. This is where the trouble started...

I determined that its because I cleaned the rubber from the oil, and the rubber sleeve that ensure air to seal into the breech was too tight. So I did what I usually do, and bore'ed out the rubber sleeve to 6mm with a dremel and a sanding bit. The BBs went through it without resistance.

The gun cycled fine but hop was still too high. So what I did was remove the Hop adjustment and ball bearing, and had the rubber sitting in the barrel assembly. It was still hopping up high with 0.25g, with 0.3g it was ok, but something was definately wrong.

So I took out the barrel with the hop rubber on it and put the BBs into it, and I noted that the hop rubber popped up the hop rubber, meaning that the hop rubber was too thick and dense, even with a small depression, it is applying too much pressure on the BB at default and overhops.

So I thinned down the rubber with a dremel. And tested the hop up rubber pressure on the BB at max and minimum setting, it was good.

Now the real problem started. Firing the gun I got near perfect hop performance on 0.2g and 0.25g :) But.....When I point my gun downwards BBs started rolling out of the barrel!

When I bored the rubber sleeve, the hop rubber was holding the BB in the chamber. However, when I then thinned out the rubber, then there is nothing holding the BBs in the barrel. To makes matters worse, as with the madbull blowback system, the heavy bolt pushing the BB into the chamber was enough inertia to keep the BB moving through the hop rubber even with the hop up on.

So I am like, ARGH....

So what I did, I thickened the pressure of the rubber sleeve at the muzzle end by applying a small amount of superglue on the outside of the ring. When fitted into the barrel, it pushes on the outside of the ring, constricting it a little.

Then to prevent the bolt pushing the BB too far forward I shortened the blowback nozzle about a millimetre with a file.

So yup, perfect hop up now, but not without some effort.

Yes, hop up is too high even with no hop adjuster attached. But that is also hiding a few more issues as well.

Mind you no silicone oil in the barrel either.

I see. I guess the alternate solution is to switch to a heavier BB.

Thanks for the report.

The wear in the magwell is a bit troubling to me though.

Edited by slu

Well it sucks if you have 10 rifles that run on 0.25g and you want the WE to use the same ammo but you can't.

Its annoying that little issues like this can surface. I wish I had a direct line to manufacturers so I can give them a piece of my mind at times. I have been fixing too many out-of-the-box guns.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

No, unmodified with 0.25g it was going vertical after 20m, not flat.

To be honest, I still think its a fantastic rifle. Aside from RealSword AEGs, which is close enough to AEG perfection as you can get, the WE M4A1 is a very well made, gas efficient platform. The bugs are there, but I am sure aftermarket parts will be out, if not WE to correct these issues themselves.

I just wish they brought out the mags sooner, I am dying to dump money on WE M4 mags. Just bought an RIS unit for it, and will be getting flip up front and rear sights as well as a Red dot for it.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Like I said, it's not really "wear," the receivers come like that as a consequence of the design.

It doesn't matter anyway though with regards to functionality... the only thing exposed there is the mag catch spring.

No I see what you are saying, I'd still prefer if it weren't cracked. I don't think this is a commonly encountered or tolerated problem on real AR15s, and I haven't ever seen anything like it on AEGs.

Like I said, it's not really "wear," the receivers come like that as a consequence of the design.

It's molded aluminum. Such things can happen on very thin areas. My Dboys metal M203 has similar on its hammer area. Good thing that shouldn't affect the functionality, as Fenix noted. And it's not even visible when the gun is assembled. I haven't noticed such holes in my gun. I'll take another closer look when I get home.

Also I've found that G&G 0.28g biodegradeable BB's are just perfect for this gun and it's hopup. They are the same bb's I use in my other guns.

I bought it from Jin. If you follow his streak he usually keeps something for about a week.

How's your gun? Jin told he shot quite a lot of rounds with it. How's it holding together? Care to give an opinion compared to the WA M4?

Edited by Lupus78
It's molded aluminum. Such things can happen on very thin areas. My Dboys metal M203 has similar on its hammer area. Good thing that shouldn't affect the functionality, as Fenix noted. And it's not even visible when the gun is assembled. I haven't noticed such holes in my gun. I'll take another closer look when I get home.

Also I've found that G&G 0.28g biodegradeable BB's are just perfect for this gun and it's hopup. They are the same bb's I use in my other guns.

How's your gun? Jin told he shot quite a lot of rounds with it. How's it holding together? Care to give an opinion compared to the WA M4?

Just bought it last night. I should have it in a week, I'll let ya know. I am going to be interested in this modified lower power valve though.

Hi guys,

I just checked WGC and they have the spare mags ( same price as AB ) they also added 2 other versions of this M4 : one with some special markings and the other is called HK version ( I though it was the only version they ever had ).

But anyway I will order mine from AB because of his awesome customer service, I emailed him and he told me he could help me to reduce the power down to 350fps ( probably by placing the white rubber in the nozzle ).

430$ for the m4 + another magazine + shipping included is a very good price :)

Edited by yanng

I just emailed Airsoft Buddy. He responded twice within an hour... Not bad! Best customer service I have ever known. ^_^

He confirmed that I can get the steel bolt catch late december with the magazines. He also knows about the WGC's "white rubber thing" (and also has such himself) but according to WE it reduces the felt recoil. He told that WE is coming up with some "power restriction kit" that we can get from Airsoft Buddy after two weeks or so, which doesn't reduce the felt recoil. Sounds good! I will definitely keep supporting Airsoft Buddy in everything WE related. He's been really helpful with everything.

The CO2 magazines should also be coming up in January according to WE.

Edited by Lupus78
I just emailed Airsoft Buddy. He responded twice within an hour... Not bad! Best customer service I have ever known. ^_^

He confirmed that I can get the steel bolt catch late december with the magazines. He also knows about the WGC's "white rubber thing" (and also has such himself) but according to WE it reduces also the felt recoil. He told that WE is coming up with some "power restriction kit" that we can get from Airsoft Buddy after two weeks or so, which doesn't reduce the felt recoil. Sounds good!

The CO2 magazines should also be coming up in January according to WE.

Thanks Lupus78!!!!!

WE power restriction kit for GBB M4 rifle will available after 15 days at www.airsoftbuddy.com. Once you installed it to your WE GBB M4, it can reduce the power and doesn't reduce the felt recoil. Once I got more information about it, I will post it here and our website.

Thanks Lupus78!!!!!

WE power restriction kit for GBB M4 rifle will available after 15 days at www.airsoftbuddy.com. Once you installed it to your WE GBB M4, it can reduce the power and doesn't reduce the felt recoil. Once I got more information about it, I will post it here and our website.

AirsoftBuddy, and anyone in the know,

Can you tell us more about this "Custom Engraved" model that is now being listed on WGC?

Thanks.