WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Thanks Lupus78!!!!!

WE power restriction kit for GBB M4 rifle will available after 15 days at www.airsoftbuddy.com. Once you installed it to your WE GBB M4, it can reduce the power and doesn't reduce the felt recoil. Once I got more information about it, I will post it here and our website.

Sweet. I'll buy one of those kits and some mags as soon as they are out :)

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Just a quick note/clarification,

I received mine from WGC yesterday and it comes with the shorter inner barrel.

I havent had a chance to chrono it yet or take pics of the velocity reducing part. I would say that even with the velocity reducing part that the kick is considerable (I dont have a standard model to compare against).

Cheers

TC

Im a bit new tot he dynamics of using a GBB rifle, but would using a smaller gas inlet valve (manufactured to lower the FPS) keep more gas in the magazine essentially? I mean moreso that on propane, there would be more gas left in the mag than with the more open, 500+ fps stock one included with the WE?

Also Lupus, I was curious about the gun in cold weather. I know you did a test and I think I saw your video, but the gun would suffice well in temperatures such as 22 degrees F? I mean, the bolt wont lock up or fail to chamber if used on Semi? Will the Co2 mags make a huge difference or just in slight (in theory)? I read previously on what was said about CO@ taking more time or colder temps to liquify, but I didnt know the margin. It is becoming cold here now and I just want to make sure this is indeed skirmish able in colder weather. For my reassurance lol.

Also Lupus, I was curious about the gun in cold weather. I know you did a test and I think I saw your video, but the gun would suffice well in temperatures such as 22 degrees F? I mean, the bolt wont lock up or fail to chamber if used on Semi? Will the Co2 mags make a huge difference or just in slight (in theory)? I read previously on what was said about CO@ taking more time or colder temps to liquify, but I didnt know the margin. It is becoming cold here now and I just want to make sure this is indeed skirmish able in colder weather. For my reassurance lol.

I found that with green gas the gun stopped working reliably (chambering the bb's) when the temperature dropped to around 35 degrees Fahrenheit (~2 degrees Celcius). Without CO2 capsules it definitely won't work below that if you don't keep the magazines warm. In around 40 Fahrenheit (4-6 Celcius) my gun still kept working well and had enough power to load bb's to barrel. I used semi mostly and some short bursts few times. But it was definitely usable, shooting 1.5 joules. These games where I used the gun lasted for four hours. At the beginning temperature was around 5 degrees Celcius (~40 Fahrenheit), in the end it was only 1 (~34 Fahrenheit). It froze up in the night. It was not until the last game when the gun made it's first shots it didn't load bb's to barrel. It will depend also on the gas type, how well your gun works in cold.

Usually pistol magazines that use 12g CO2 capsules, have been proven (here in Finland) to work in even lower temperatures rather well. Some better than the other. But definitely better than regular gas magazines. They MIGHT make a considerable difference, or just a slight. I would also be really happy if they could enable this gun to operate around 20 fahrenheits. Usually it doesn't get colder than that here (occasionally even -20 Fahrenheit but that's been rare and then even AEG's stop working...).

We shall see...

Edited by Lupus78

Does anyone know what tades or engraving the wgc version will have ?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-M4A1-C_srch_we m4

The noveske version by scocom gear does look appealing too ;

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=154999

which should i get or wait for ?

Edited by Crimson
My M4 ocasionally fires a burst when in semi (usually after its just been cocked and only on the first pull of the trigger). Anyone else experienced this?

Yeah, I've experienced that some times. Not too often, since I've just about forgotten the thing. Does anyone have any idea why that happens?

Oh, and this gun will be reviewed on the January (finnish) issue of our local Softaaja-magazine ("Airsoft Soldier" is it's english version). I might have done something to get them interested of this gun... ;)

Edited by Lupus78

Response the hole in the magwell.

http://www.abload.de/img/wearout1r7yq.jpg

I've passed this problem to WE about there is the hole in the magwell. WE's reply is due to they need to spare a little space for the spring, so there is a hole in the magwell. But this hole don't let the performance down. So it's ok at there.

For the charging handle problem, WE will provide a replacement for all who purchased from us. Please provide your receipt number if you need it. Or you may try to order a real charging handle for your replacement. WE said that the real one is 90% same as the WE one. You just need a bit modify for the size, then will fit it.

And all the spare mags are in grey colour that we sell.

I've saw the new sample of the WE GBB M4, the receiver's colour is turned a bit grey. If I have a chance, I will take some photos and post to here to share with all of you.

If that hole doesn't affect performance and it's ok to be there... if it were my rifle, I'd use a file and square off that hole to try and reduce the likelihood of fragments making their way into the gun and causing damage. Squaring off the hole may also prevent the destruction of that area from spreading further up and/or down and possibly creeping into critical areas of the lower receiver.

WE's reply is due to they need to spare a little space for the spring, so there is a hole in the magwell.

:rofl: bahahahahahahaha! That's a HORRIBLE excuse! Anyone who believes this is an idiot cuz that's NOT a hole for a purpose...that's just a hole due to poor molding.

Edited by shinhk
so where should i buy this??? i want the gun with the m4 and cqb barrel,FPS maybe 400-450?? dont care about trades. WGC or airsoftbuddy??? i do like airsoftbuddys customer service.

The awesome degree of customer service buyers are getting from AirsoftBuddy is pretty unmatched by any HK dealer/retailer. I've had problems with products in the past and most of the time the issues have either been ignored by the dealer/retailer or they've forced me to jump through hoops and wasted my time before anything was addressed. AirsoftBuddy on the other hand has gone through great lengths to ensure that his customers are satisfied, their questions answered, concerns taken back to the manufacturer and so far resolved. THAT is what customer service is all about. THAT is what guarantees a retailer repeat customers. If AB keeps it up, he'll continue to build himself a solid reputation and in turn more customers.

I say, buy from AB with confidence. If something is wrong with the rifle you bought from him, historically he's gone to great efforts to make things right. That's a lot more than most other retailers would ever extend to you. Also keep in mind that AB is in direct contact with WE, and he's trying to ensure that his customers will receive free replacement parts for the charging handle and bolt catch/stop. I'd be really surprised if WGC or any other retailer carrying this GBB would do the same. So if you buy from AB, you're eventually going to get the necessary parts to make the rifle all it can and should be. If you buy from WGC... it's basically a crapshoot. Seems like a pretty obvious choice to me.

:rofl: bahahahahahahaha! That's a HORRIBLE excuse! Anyone who believes this is an idiot cuz that's NOT a hole for a purpose...that's just a hole due to poor molding.

I somewhat agree. I take what AirsoftBuddy reported as WE saying "we know it's a problem, but since it doesn't affect functionality, we're not going to fix it."

I honestly can't wait until some aftermarket replacement kits come out with rollmarks, and are of similar quality to the WA pieces.

Edited by slu
I've passed this problem to WE about there is the hole in the magwell. WE's reply is due to they need to spare a little space for the spring, so there is a hole in the magwell. But this hole don't let the performance down. So it's ok at there.

I'm not sure if I would interpret what he said in the same way because when I first read his response I didn't come to the same conclusion. Keeping in mind that Airsoft Buddy's first language is not English, what AB posted could also be inferred as:

"Due to the way the replica was designed, that large spring mechanism consumed so much internal space that it left an uncomfortably thin wall thickness at the rear of the magwell. A side effect of the design is that abrasion from inserting and extracting the magazine leads to wearing away of the wall and a hole is created. Fortunately, this minor defect which isn't normally visible from outside the gun, has absolutely zero affect on the actual function and performance of the gun. So while it's unfortunate that it occurs, ultimately it's okay that it's there."

It's possible that WE is trying to make the excuse that that hole is intentional as you've implied. I just didn't get that impression. I simply interpreted it as "what happened was unfortunate and sadly unavoidable, but don't freak out... your gun is still fine."

You should better buy the begadi green gas instead of the medium one. I tested the medium with my TM hi capa, the first shot is quiet strong but this gas cools down very quickly ( even at 20°C ). After 3 shots, the cycling was poor and there was no kick.

Their green gas is much better, same power as the HFC green gas but without his horrible smell.

Response the hole in the magwell.

For the charging handle problem, WE will provide a replacement for all who purchased from us. Please provide your receipt number if you need it. Or you may try to order a real charging handle for your replacement. WE said that the real one is 90% same as the WE one. You just need a bit modify for the size, then will fit it.

And all the spare mags are in grey colour that we sell.

I've saw the new sample of the WE GBB M4, the receiver's colour is turned a bit grey. If I have a chance, I will take some photos and post to here to share with all of you.

Has anything changed with the new revision aside from the steel bolt catch and the grey reciever? Please post pics asap.