WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Airsoft Buddy, Is WE planning to make all of the new units in the gray color, or just some? Im more afraid it will look like some of the older ugly ICS M4's.

Please note that the ICS's old grey is not as light as it is in photos. It's very dark and I personally think it looks better then the straight black. If you have ever seen the CA Vietnam series guns in person, the ICS grey is darker then that in person. I think by grey he means they lightened up the reciever color a little bit. Right now it's almost to black when the real AR-15 is a very dark ultra flat grey similiar to G&P's finish on their guns.

If I can find a local seller for my gun this will be mine before the Holiday season... if I can't then I will have to wait till l January for the CO2 mags and etc.

Yeah the burst issue is due to the firing pin disconnector issue. You can see that on the early videos on auto the guns struggled and stuttered on auto.

It is related to the issue someone mentioned where once in a while, you cock the gun the firing pin does not return to the ready position. My gun had this, as I was firing from semi, it started to burst fire then vented all the gas, and everything froze up. I couldn't get the bolt out of the breech as the O-ring constricted itself.

Its actually an easy fix. There is part of the firing pin disconnector that needs sanding, so it returns the firing pin to the ready position sooner when the bolt cocks the hammer back. 5min job to make it more reliable on semi and auto.

Its actually an easy fix. There is part of the firing pin disconnector that needs sanding, so it returns the firing pin to the ready position sooner when the bolt cocks the hammer back. 5min job to make it more reliable on semi and auto.

I know nothing of it's inner workings. If you have spare moment, could you take a pic or even describe it a little more specific what to do to it? ;)

Airsoft Buddy should also pass on this to WE. If it's really just a 5min. job than this should be done at the factory...

And this also fixes the firing pin issue mentioned before?

Edited by Lupus78
I'm not sure if I would interpret what he said in the same way because when I first read his response I didn't come to the same conclusion. Keeping in mind that Airsoft Buddy's first language is not English, what AB posted could also be inferred as:

"Due to the way the replica was designed, that large spring mechanism consumed so much internal space that it left an uncomfortably thin wall thickness at the rear of the magwell. A side effect of the design is that abrasion from inserting and extracting the magazine leads to wearing away of the wall and a hole is created. Fortunately, this minor defect which isn't normally visible from outside the gun, has absolutely zero affect on the actual function and performance of the gun. So while it's unfortunate that it occurs, ultimately it's okay that it's there."

It's possible that WE is trying to make the excuse that that hole is intentional as you've implied. I just didn't get that impression. I simply interpreted it as "what happened was unfortunate and sadly unavoidable, but don't freak out... your gun is still fine."

Gotta agree with this, having recently spent three and a half months in China I know just how things can get really confused in transalation.

I will take some shots of it when I can. Essentially there are 2 parts you need to modify (the firing pin and the disconnector), but you can do with just modifying just the disconnector.

To disassemble the trigger mechanism, you need to knock out the pin behind the magazine release catch, remove the pistol grip, and remove the selector spring/and pin, and then the selector, and then unscrew the screw that is underneath the rear body pin.

Then on the right side you should see a silver piece of metal (the firing pin disengager - in red), and a spring. This is what you will need to modify.

But then you can also take the firing pin out, unscrew the two screws that secures the plate which the firing pin sits in.

Anyways here is a diagram of what I have done, hope this helps.

wefiringpinmodtm8.jpg

I didn't just modify the disconnector as I don't want to file away too much at the little part and weaken it, so I filed both the disconnector and the firing pin.

Essentially what this does is the hammer doesn't have to be fully in the rearward position before the disengager kicks in. Say the hammer locks at 90% of the cocking cycle, the disengager kicks in at 100%. By trimming it down the disengager kicks in at 92% of the hammer cocking cycle.

Questions or queries just flick them on here.

I have queried WE on their wedsite for them to give me an email for me to send pics or links. Waiting for reply.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Do you know what trades will go on it ?

Colt engraving as they said to me when I emailed them.

Dear Matthew Chirico,

Thank you for your inquiry,

Please be inform that it should be come with Colt marking.

Thanks,

Edited by skyflash

Hello everybody :)

here are some more informations about the forward assist issue:

em42560906713.jpeg

um53013456720.jpeg

the red glue that is not enough strong, i have used a lot more strongest glue to glue it back, a special metal bi-component glue

cc63498831308.jpeg

the button glued back, before reassembling in the upper

qx36936433976.jpeg

PS: coucou Flamsteed :)

Edited by cocofr69

And now, ladys and gentlemen, some pictures of the firing pin !

2 screws on the top

lx88136971114.jpeg

without the cover

uf52950735819.jpeg

without the firing pin, you can see the firing pin's spring

tg57090883767.jpeg

here you can see the disconnector

jl20806493177.jpeg

The firing pin and the cover out of the body

wa74547435758.jpeg

the same in another postion

al18105643647.jpeg

and the same with a lot of grease before reassembling

ni43394800885.jpeg

Look ma, no batteries! And Gas tube! :)

dsc06406qw9.jpg

Thats my WE with:

Samurai PRI front sight.

ICS folding Rear sight

Element LaRue Replica 7" RAS

As those who know the Element LaRue replicas cannot take a gas tube, which means the RAS was prone to rotating around the barrel collar. Of course being me I drilled a hole the same diameter as the gas tube and hence not only does the RAS not rotate, it also fits the gas tube. (because of that you "could" technically put an Element RAS on a Real steel)

Point to note is, AEG accessories are not designed for recoil, and the samurai front sight started to disassemble itself from the recoil. I had to put superglue to hold the pins in. It required me to modify the outer barrel slightly to fit the PRI sight as the holes don't match so a dremel was needed to mount both holes.

ICS folding rear sights is generally quite a sturdy piece, however the sight does move forward and backwards from the recoil :P

Also modded the sliding to stock a 6 position instead of the default 4 position as well as modded the pistol grip to that more of the A1 style for my small hands.

Taking airsoft to a whole new dimension eh ? :) Rifle is now less than 2.5kg heavy.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
I just ordered one of these from AB, anyone else here in the US care to share how long they had to wait to receive their new toy.

I've been trying to get in contact with AB since Wednesday. When I go to order one of the seasonal promotions that has free shipping included, it tries to add an additional $19 on checkout. Anyone else getting this?