WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

thanks skyflash

I wrote an e mail and never got a reply

Does anyone know when the madbull one will come out ? Its also missing the gas tube making it look ugly but i want it anyway

I wrote an email on friday afternoon and got a reply this morning. I think AB may be a 1 man show right now and he is more than likely swamped.

I too received an additional shipping charge, but mine was $25 I think because I ordered an additional 2 spare magazines.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Look ma, no batteries! And Gas tube! :)

Thats my WE with:

Samurai PRI front sight.

ICS folding Rear sight

Element LaRue Replica 7" RAS

As those who know the Element LaRue replicas cannot take a gas tube, which means the RAS was prone to rotating around the barrel collar. Of course being me I drilled a hole the same diameter as the gas tube and hence not only does the RAS not rotate, it also fits the gas tube. (because of that you "could" technically put an Element RAS on a Real steel)

Point to note is, AEG accessories are not designed for recoil, and the samurai front sight started to disassemble itself from the recoil. I had to put superglue to hold the pins in. It required me to modify the outer barrel slightly to fit the PRI sight as the holes don't match so a dremel was needed to mount both holes.

ICS folding rear sights is generally quite a sturdy piece, however the sight does move forward and backwards from the recoil :P

Also modded the sliding to stock a 6 position instead of the default 4 position as well as modded the pistol grip to that more of the A1 style for my small hands.

Taking airsoft to a whole new dimension eh ? :) Rifle is now less than 2.5kg heavy.

Looks great man. Really wish there were some rollmarks on the receiver though. That's about the only thing preventing me from getting one now.

Yeah, it still says 19 dollars for shipping, which I know is good, but the promotion did say free shipping. Im sure it is just a mistake. Knowing AB, he will fix it. Also does anyone know if AB will be included the Steel Bolt Catch with the promotion that includes a spare magazine?

Edited by Kai_Wolf

I know a couple of people have asked but i dont believe there's been a answer, but i may be wrong (keeping up with 60 odd pages is difficult).

anywhoo...

Has there been any significunt delay or difficulty importing these rif's in to the Uk?

Having heard the about the incredible customer service provieded by Airsoft Buddy I am very tempted by this.

Dave

Edited by Cons

Answer is that it is really a "work in progress". Not really a rifle that is good enough just to pull out of the box and work perfectly.

I think we have mentioned it many times, but there are critical and non critical issues on this weapon:

Critical (affects direct performance on the field):

- Hop up too high because of too thick rubber

- firing pin not returning/disconnector issue

- No O-ring/brass ring around the barrel

- Leaky mags

Non Critical (does not affect performance on the field, gun will still fun)

- Bolt catch

- Retainer O-ring too tight after cooldown and without lubricants

- Cocking handle weak

- Forward assist pops off

If I was a retailer, I would probably not stock this gun yet, as there are still too many small issues with it.

With the WA M4, the two particular issues, bolt catch and gas blowback nozzle/hop unit, are not really critical issues, and can be fixed by 3rd party parts, while still the gun shoots straight'ish and doesn't leak or vent gas. Whereas the WE M4 issues are somewhat more critical, and makes the rifle a little more unskirmishable without mods.

I do not have sufficient mags to skirmish with as yet. But after all the modifications, and tuning, with the 30 round magazine, it has been damn fun, and I am selling up 80% of my SEG/AEGs as of now. It outpowers and outranges my SLR with an M150.

There is really no going back :)

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Hi there,

Wish to add something here... Well, I do understand that the WA m4 has aftermarket parts.. I have one WA m4 too.. But I'm actually planning to get one WE M4 now. Since my WA M4 is not skirmishable at all..

It often get double feed of bb, even quad feed of bb, Jamming the loading nozzle, and eventually, it get deformed. And I didn't find any aftermarket parts that may prevent double bb feeding... No right now no solution for this problem (so i think)..

But, with WE M4, it has no problem reported with double bb feeding.. And in my opinion this is a big ++++ for WE M4 than WA M4... What i mean is, the critical problem in WE M4 is still a lesser problem compare with WA M4 which is major problem and it is completely not reliable and not skirmishable, since, you will always get double bb feeding and causing the bolt to jammed. And as more often it happen, eventually, you will need a new loading nozzle soon.. Even with metal nozzle (which prevent it from deforming) you will still get double bb feeding/jammed..

And it is not a good condition when you already aiming your m4 to your opponent, but suddenly it jammed... while giving chances for him to shoot you back with no problem...

I'm looking forward any company would make aftermarket parts for the WE M4. And for WA M4, even there is aftermarket parts, there is no guarantee that can solve the double bb feeding problem. It will still keep happening, unless any company would make parts and change the design of the loading nozzle mechanism..

@3vi1-D4n,

Have you encounter your WA M4 with bb jamming the nozzle? 

Answer is that it is really a "work in progress". Not really a rifle that is good enough just to pull out of the box and work perfectly.

I think we have mentioned it many times, but there are critical and non critical issues on this weapon:

- Leaky mags

Non Critical (does not affect performance on the field, gun will still fun)

- Bolt catch

- Retainer O-ring too tight after cooldown and without lubricants

- Cocking handle weak

- Forward assist pops off

If I was a retailer, I would probably not stock this gun yet, as there are still too many small issues with it.

With the WA M4, the two particular issues, bolt catch and gas blowback nozzle/hop unit, are not really critical issues, and can be fixed by 3rd party parts, while still the gun shoots straight'ish and doesn't leak or vent gas. Whereas the WE M4 issues are somewhat more critical, and makes the rifle a little more unskirmishable without mods.

I do not have sufficient mags to skirmish with as yet. But after all the modifications, and tuning, with the 30 round magazine, it has been damn fun, and I am selling up 80% of my SEG/AEGs as of now. It outpowers and outranges my SLR with an M150.

There is really no going back :)

Well there's another important issue with a stock WA though... most of its internal parts are made of pot metal, and it has plastic upper and lower receivers, while the WE has mostly steel internals and aluminum receivers while costing almost half as much, with magazines that cost less than half of the WA's.

So even though the WA might be more skirmishable out of the box... your parts are gonna need replacing pretty soon afterwards.

If you want a WA with steel internals with a metal body, you're already approaching Inokatsu price levels.. ~1000 USD.

If you have about ~1500 USD to waste then I suppose a WA or Inokatsu would be the perfect skirmishing gun for you... but if you're like almost everyone else and price is an issue... then the WE really has no competition at this point.

Out of the thousand or so rounds I fired (finished off my half bag of 3500 0.2gs), I encountered 2 double feeds.

You are right, skirmish reliability of a WA is less, but from a product development point of view, the WA is slightly better. Mechanically the WE is superior, but annoyingly small touches make it imperfect.

WE internals are not all made of steel, to be honest I don't know what it is but it has sufficient steel inserts in the right places to make the difference. Bolt is steel, firing pint has both steel and a hardened alloy (non magnetic), the trigger is unknown but has steel inserts in the places that counts

I am very happy about the WE, given the issues it has. A lot more happy about this than my CA MP5A3 or my CA249.

- Leaky mags

Just wanted to add my 2 cents... ;)

I can't see that any of these are any kind of show stoppers or that they really affect on the field. Besides the crappy bolt stop in these early models, there doesn't seem to be a single issue that you cannot fix yourself with just small amount of sanding, lubing, filing, taping and using some glue or o-rings to do the job. I admit, it's annoying you have to do such things to a new product. But for its price it's not that a big deal and personally the only fix I've had to do to my gun is the barrel alignment fix. Everything else is working just fine. And no double feeds so far. But I've shot just about half as many bb's as you have. The firing pin issue has happened twice, but it has not been that annoying that I would have put my 5 minutes of sanding and filing into it. Not yet, anyway. Can anyone say the same about the WA? The amount of money you need to throw into third party parts seems ridiculous, if you want it to be even "semi-reliable" gun. Which is just about the best it can offer.

Hopup might be too high for 0.25g and lighter bb's, but is rather fine for 0.28g and heavier. And for this power I see no real reason to use such a light bb's.

Firing pin issue seems annoying and has happened to me too, but has it occured during the game? Only time I've personally experienced it or has heard anyone else experiencing it, has occured just after racking the handle manually. So that happening during fast reloads on the field is yet to be confirmed(?). Just make sure your gun fires before starting the game then you should be fine...

The barrel alignment is really easy to fix. That alone would make it non-critical. Just my opinion.

Leaky mags? Has your mag kept on leaking? I've heard just about everyone's mag leaks out of the box but nothing a little lubing and just using it wouldn't fix. Mine has not leaked after the few first full mags of firing and adding a silicone couple times into the valve. I've though these mags that cost one THIRD of the price of WA mags are a lot more reliable than the leaky WA mags.

And by the way, has anyone broken their charging handle? Haven't heard that anyone has... They DO feel flimsy, but only the prototypes before these production models have been heard to have broken theirs.

Edited by Lupus78
And by the way, has anyone broken their charging handle? Haven't heard that anyone has... They DO feel flimsy, but only the prototypes before these production models have been heard to have broken theirs.

The latch on mine broke off, the charging handle it self it completely intact though, though i cant say this to do to the quality of the material, or form use, because it got handed around at an NRA class. so it got handled rough. (it still works like a champ though.) (though the locking latch disappeared, it does not affect function at all)

also, i don't know if this was answered already or not, but i friend of mine has his M4 with him and we tested the charging handles in each system. The WE charging handle is about 1mm longer at the gas tube end, than the Real steel one. and thus wouldn't lock completely in place. the RS one however worked perfectly in the WE.

Firing pin disconnector on mine has given me severe grief at about my 20th mag. Vented out 3 mags worth of gas before it got to me that the disconnector wasn't working properly.

And yes my mag, even with an O-ring replacement, still leaks. It has something to do with the diameter of the fill valve (not the pin itself).

Hop up being too high yes that is an issue. Yes to me it is unacceptable to spend more money on 0.28g ammo when I have hundreds and thousands rounds of 0.25g and 0.2g.

Yes sure the money spent is much less than that of the WA, but given a lot of newer manufacturers like JG out there with totally functional weapons with no tuning or mods required for $100US, you have to think again. Its like a TM for $350USD that can't be upgraded over 400fps or a JG which is better is almost every functional and technical way for <$100USD.

At the end of this, I am still keeping the WE, its still one of the most well designed and made airsoft rifles to date. Just from a technical, retail and skirmish point of view its a 95% finished product.

To be honest, I am often known to be an unreasonable anal c*nt. But to quote the words of George Bernard Shaw: The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Just from a technical, retail and skirmish point of view its a 95% finished product.

Yeah, I agree. And I certainly understand your points.

I guess I had my hopes even lower(!) than most of people, since even with all it's gimmicks I've never been happier with any airsoft gun so far. For a new design coming from WE(!) it's been a really positive surprise in my books. I would have never hoped as good product from this particular manufacturer, knowing their history in GBB guns. And as long as I know I can do something to the gun with relative ease to improve it, I'm not that scared of anything nasty it comes up with. (Waiting fingers crossed...)

What amazes me the most, is it's internal robustness. The gas system, bolt and loading mechanisms seems to be very sturdy and reliable. Something that (with some tender care) will last for a long time to come. Hopefully WE will keep on listening us and keeps improving the design.

Morning all,

To fix the hop issue I just removed the ball bearing that acts as the nub. So far it works well with .2s.

If it changes I can always put the ball bearing back in ;)

Havent tackled the disconnector issue yet, will take a look at mine later this week.

Cheers

TC

Yup, mine broke. First it was the charging handle latch, and then the handle itself. The material around the pin hole on the latch seemed extremely thin, so it broke there. How the latch itself broke I'll explain in a bit.

The latch on mine broke off, the charging handle it self it completely intact though, though i cant say this to do to the quality of the material, or form use, because it got handed around at an NRA class. so it got handled rough. (it still works like a champ though.) (though the locking latch disappeared, it does not affect function at all)

also, i don't know if this was answered already or not, but i friend of mine has his M4 with him and we tested the charging handles in each system. The WE charging handle is about 1mm longer at the gas tube end, than the Real steel one. and thus wouldn't lock completely in place. the RS one however worked perfectly in the WE.

I have to warn you... don't use your gun without the charging handle latch. What happened on mine was that first the latch broke off, so that the handle itself was able move freely and then float into a half pulled position while I was firing my gun. Then, as the bolt slammed forward it broke the handle from the inside.

Airsoft Buddy has already told me he would send me a replacement.

But anyway that's awesome news that the RS handle works perfectly in the WE, because I have one ordered along with a forward assist. However, due to the insane amount of orders that gun stores have been getting recently, who know's when I'll get that :-p...

Hopefully the replacement from AB will get here soon and I'll use that until my RS one arrives.

Very cool. Thank you for taking the time to snap some pics off.

Does anyone know if the Magpul PTS PMags fit and lock into the mag well?

I'm thinking if they do, it wouldn't be very hard to pick up a box of the STAR realcaps and basically skin the WE mags with the Pmag casing. Just an idea I had floating in my head.....