WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Airsoft Buddy, are these new batches the ones with anodized metal bodies or are they still painted? www.evike.com states that the WE M4's they will be selling are anodized. Please do let us know.

You can see the marking and words are not painted on the receiver. The finishing just same as what you see on Marui's M4. It's really nice> so I think should be anodized.

Does the new version still have the same internals (ie. still shooting 450-500+ fps)? Can you verify any of the rumors that WE will be changing the internals to accept AEG barrels? How are the CO2 mags coming along?

This AFC version just have marking on it and the receiver's colour turned a little bit grey. The internals are the same. Power still over 450fps. If you want to use inner barrels of AEG, you need to modify the AEG one. It can't diretly fit to the WE M4. CO2 mags will available at January, 2009. Once I got any news, I will post out here.

AB,

On the photo heading it says AFC version. So this confirms that this is the non hop version?

Well......... AFC version just have marking on the receiver. The hop up still adjustable. The different just is the marking. The internals are the same as normal version.

maybe socom gear will offer the noveske bodies as upgrade kits too.....a noveske body would be cool

Oh.......I want to have noveske body too. It's more cool. I want to have have one to modify my WE M4.

they cant fix it withought changing the material the gun is made from. things come in time. if WE has said that a 3rd party is going to make accessories for their gun that means its going to happen sooner or later. if your not willing to take the iniciative and engrave your own trades (via your own stuff or a place that does engravings) than:

1) stop trying to convince yourself to buy a WE and return to the corner of AEGs, or,

2) wait longer and be patiant.

watch the news sites and wait.

besides, the only cosmetic problem goes unseen by everyone not looking in your magwell, are you that uptight about it?

Consider the price of custom engraving a receiver, along with shipping, and the trouble of convincing whoever you are getting to engrave your receiver that your airsoft lower is not an actual firearm. Now consider the magwell hole issue, which I've never heard of occuring in a WA or a real lower. From this I conclude that it may not be worth the trouble, and hence I ask for updates regarding aftermarket parts from anyone who knew anything.

Having delivered no news in this regard, thank you for your advice on patience.

If you have actually asked a trophy store about their willingness to engrave what looks to be a firearm with possibly copyrighted trademarks, then please, share your experience. Otherwise, don't trivially tell others to walk into a trophy engraving place.

AB:

Thanks for the continued informative updates. The AFC version looks terrific, very clean rollmarks.

I think its safe to conclude that the "custom engraved" version on WGC is just this AFC version. I originally believed WGC was itself engraving a batch of regular WEs.

Edited by slu
Consider the price of custom engraving a receiver, along with shipping, and the trouble of convincing whoever you are getting to engrave your receiver that your airsoft lower is not an actual firearm. Now consider the magwell hole issue, which I've never heard of occuring in a WA or a real lower. From this I conclude that it may not be worth the trouble, and hence I ask for updates regarding aftermarket parts from anyone who knew anything.

Having delivered no news in this regard, thank you for your advice on patience.

If you have actually asked a trophy store about their willingness to engrave what looks to be a firearm with possibly copyrighted trademarks, then please, share your experience. Otherwise, don't trivially tell others to walk into a trophy engraving place.

I'm not sure what your obsession is with the hole in the magwell, because it's not quite a cosmetic problem because you can't even see it unless you disassemble the gun and then purposefully look through the magwell. And also it doesn't affect the operation of the gun at all, so it's not a functional problem either.

And I'm not sure why trophy stores keep getting mentioned in this... but any machineshop of reasonable size will be able to engrave stuff for you too. I know for a fact most machine shops won't mind working on fake firearm parts, because I've had countless airsoft parts worked on and created from them without any problems.

Unless you already have a WE M4, I guess the best solution is to get one of these new M4's with trademarks anyway.

I'm not sure what your obsession is with the hole in the magwell

Yeah I know what you are trying to say. I guess I'd rather not have a hole? While I'm sure there are shops that do offer such services, the rates will undoubtedly be higher. As an example, I was charged $80 for essentially welding to peices of steel tube together and to and fro shipping.

Regardless, we have Colt rollmarks on the AFC. That's a step in a good direction.

Whats the deal with using this rifle with airsoft optics?

I've heard optics made for airsoft are not made to deal with recoil. And so if I splash out for a G&P 553, I don't want it to die because my gun had a bit of kickback :(

My G&P Aimpoint V2 (Old aimpoint) Has survived it's fair share of rounds on a real M1A shooting .308. If this is truely on par with a .22LR you should be fine provided the G&P 553 is built decently. .22LR is pretty weak, only thing to worry about is the screws coming loose that hold it down or hold the frame together.

AB will you be able to ship the AFC one with the marks to the USA with the trades intact or will you have to cover over the trades?

Thanks

Of course we will have our way to do that, otherwise you guys won't happy to have the receivers without markings.

Edited by Airsoft Buddy