WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Now I'm trying to remove the flash hider of the extension barrel.

It seems glued on it... what a f***k.

Yes mine was very very tight. I wrapped the barrel in cloth then put it in my vice to remover the flash hider.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if WE used some kind of glue or loc-tite to fix the barrel in place. GBBs, especially the WE and WA M4 have significant enough recoil that locking down screws would be prudent.

If it is glued, you may want to try using a heat gun (or hair dryer) on the metal parts. By heating it up you return the glue or loc-tite to its liquid form and that makes it a lot easier to remove.

Edited by uscmCorps
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

It wouldn't surprise me at all if WE used some kind of glue or loc-tite to fix the barrel in place. GBBs, especially the WE and WA M4 have significant enough recoil that locking down screws would be prudent.

If it is glued, you may want to try using a heat gun (or hair dryer) on the metal parts. By heating it up you return the glue or loc-tite to its liquid form and that makes it a lot easier to remove.

Thank's I'll try this :)

AB,

With this new AFC version coming out and having the colt markings, is there anyway to do a custom engraving on the opposite side to say "Law Enforcement/Government Use Only" type of thing?

I don't know if that would be accurate. The AFC version has M4/"Property of US Govt" rollmarks. AFAIK military M4s don't have the "Law Enforcment/Government Use Only" engraved on the right side. That sort of thing is reserved for the commercial carbines, like the Colt 6920.

As a side note, do not try to put CO2 (like from a paintball tank) into these mags as they will explode (don't ask how I know) and seem to be made from pot metal.

That goes without saying. There's a difference of a couple of hundred psi between green gas and CO2. Thats why green comes in a fairly light can and CO2 is stored in containers a few mm thick.

yes, they have adjustable hop. airsoft buddy said this on several occasions.

Actually, and correct me if I am wrong, AB has not stated anything on Gunner's Airsoft carrying the hopped up version or not. I understand that all the guns being shipped out to retailers are probobly going to be the hopped up version, but I want to be sure that it is in fact the same gun before dishing out money for it, and upon seeing the Evike video (and I am not sure if they were just using an older version), it appeared that the gun didnt have an adjustable hop up, hence my concern. Just a second check.

Since I posted it on GGI, I will post it here as well; Just to share what I know. English wasn't my mother tongue, so I apologize in advance for my crappy grammar. You guys can probably guess how the adjustable hop-up unit works by looking at these photos.

This is how the adjustable hop-up unit works. When the black ring is twisted, it pushed the grey ring to go forward. The grey ring will push in the small ball bearing which pushes the rubber on the barrel.

This is my stupid way to swap the inner barrel, probably not the best way to do it FOLLOW IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.

(updated: a numbers of individual already tried this method, so far without any negative feedback.)

DSCF2256.jpg DSCF2258.jpg

remove front sight/gas block, delta ring

DSCF2259.jpgDSCF2260.jpg

there is 2 pin you need to remove,a big one and a small one; Small pin locks the inner barrel and the big one lock the black round thing (whatever you want to call it). DON'T pull the inner barrel out when you removed the small pin, because the small ball bearing will drop inside

DSCF2261.jpgDSCF2262.jpg

Be careful when removing the grey ring, because a small ball bearing is under it and you don't want to loose the ball bearing!

Always remember which side of the grey ring face forward!

DSCF2263.jpg

Add some oil/lub on the inner sider in the black ring. And you should be able turn the ring with the help of a screw driver through the shell eject. If your finger is small enough you can also adjust the hop from the mag well.

DSCF2253.jpg DSCF2254.jpg

finished!

A little FAQs (will be updated from time to time):

Q: The small pin that locks the inner barrel is very hard to put back in, any tips?

A: Try to push the inner barrel towards the receivers and put the pin in at the same time, this may help.

Q: Is there a way to take the Hop-Up unit out the upper receiver?

A: Remove the bigger pin and the "black round thing". Open up the receivers and you can use the charging handle pull the whole unit out from the back.

Q: The BB goes up really strong even I only turn the hop up a little bit, how come?

A: May be you put the grey ring in the wrong direction...

Q: I am planning on installing a new flash hider, what shout I choose?

A: Any flash hider that fit 14mm(clockwise), preferable with the little cap head bolt you can screw in on the side. The shock wave created by the blow back cause the muzzle devices to go loose .

Edited by -l-

No tracking number for me. I placed the order on monday, on tuesday William from AB sent me an email indicating that my parcel had just got shipped, and that he would send me the tracking number the day after. Two days and two emails later, I'm still waiting for a tracking number from AB.

Edited by VonPTV
second that!

Also, where did you get the stock?

Cheers

The CASV rail is just stacked on the rail of the upper receiver. The only thing you need to remove is that round metal plate/cap(sorry I don't know what is that called) which touching the original front sight.

As for the stock, you can get it from WGC, there are 2 version, CTR and MOE.

CTR is the standard model, MOE is a simplified version of CTR but cost less to buy.

http://www.wargameclub.com/pcart/shopper.p...REA_srch_magpul

http://www.wargameclub.com/pcart/shopper.p...TDE_srch_magpul

however if you live in the USA...real steel CTR(for mil spec buffer tube) can also fit in WE

I ordered on Monday as well. No tracking number, no email, nothing. I've tried multiple email addresses and a PM to contact him and have gotten nothing.

I just got the tracking number from AB. It appeared that the parcel was blocked by french customs, but William sent me an invoice copy very fast to solve the issue.

Edited by VonPTV