WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Hi -|-,

What's the fps on yr M4? I can't seem to find the trademarked one that shoots 480+ fps. And where did u get it from?

Nice mod, mate!

Thanks.

sorry, I get mine directly from AFC shop, I have no idea where to get one with trades in the State.But if you only concern about the power, I can tell you that the fps depends on the valve. It seems that the valve can be adjust along the silver rod inside the bolt and that controls the power of the gun.(Orange arrow is the valve, mine is not the original one)

DSCF2266_mod1.jpg

something info on internal modification

DSCF2266_mod1.jpg

you can file away the sharp corner pointed by the BLUE arrow, this should stop the bolt stretching the brass cylinder which is the cause of the production of metal dust inside the bolt.

if you want to reduce the power of your M4 the valve (pointed by the ORANGE arrow) is the part you need to replace, I have already change it to a customize one with 2x 4mm holes.

DSCF2266_mod1.jpg

you can file away the sharp corner pointed by the BLUE arrow, this should stop the bolt stretching the brass cylinder which is the cause of the production of metal dust inside the bolt.

if you want to reduce the power of your M4 the valve (pointed by the ORANGE arrow) is the part you need to replace, I have already change it to a customize one with 2x 4mm holes.

and where did you find the smaller valve to replace it with? or did you have one custom made?

Roecar, where in the HELL did you hear that info? lol.

Like I said in my post from WEs managing director. I was at Evike yesterday to test fire the WE M4 and it just so happened that the director, James Chan was making business rounds here to prepare the sale of the WE sometime January. First off I was skeptical about WEs but after seeing his demostration and firing the gun I am pleased to say for $400 I am very much sold.

For the KAC thing, he had scheduled meetings with some representatives regarding a "PTW" airsoft gun for LE and military. That in mind that is why James wants to keep the WE real cap for professionals. He informed me that the LE and military personnel he demonstrated the weapon to are also very much impressed. On a side note he also informed me that at least one US Army training facility is thinking about purchasing a batch for training.

KAC if they go through with a partnership will probably evolve into something like the Magpul PTS. And if that happens its expceted to see WE M4s with licensed trades even some of their new googdies. In any case we'll find out soon enough through this website :D

Edited by Roecar

DSCF2266_mod1.jpg

I don't think that's such a good idea, because I'm pretty sure that's where the bolt catch contacts the bolt to stop it...

I don't think that's such a good idea, because I'm pretty sure that's where the bolt catch contacts the bolt to stop it...

hmm...you could be right, I will follow this up after I talk to the technical staff....

btw... some new tips

those corner circled on the mag is quite sharp, you may want to file it a bit to prevent them to cut a hole on your favorite tactical nylon

ouch.. you stick the magazines top side down in your pouches?.. Just be aware that the pouch does collect lot of dirt and *suitcase* and this would get stuck to the top and might get inside the gun.

I had a game with my ptw and it was very much sand.. I had to clean all my magazines + gun after because it was full of *suitcase*.

PS!.. I just realized that you might have to have them top side down sometimes if you do crawl or lay on the belly with "open type" mag pouches.

But for those not do belly in the mud and got lid the best way would be top side up. Also easy to re-load without taking out the mags.

Sorry for the "off topic"

Edited by IBICO
and where did you find the smaller valve to replace it with? or did you have one custom made?

I would really much like to know that too. Shouldn't be too expensive to get such a part. And seems pretty easy to swap it.

I would love to have such part that's tuned for around 400-415 fps with GG (in about 20-25 degree Celcius weather).

ouch.. you stick the magazines top side down in your pouches?.. Just be aware that the pouch does collect lot of dirt and *suitcase* and this would get stuck to the top and might get inside the gun.

I had a game with my ptw and it was very much sand.. I had to clean all my magazines + gun after because it was full of *suitcase*.

PS!.. I just realized that you might have to have them top side down sometimes if you do crawl or lay on the belly with "open type" mag pouches.

But for those not do belly in the mud and got lid the best way would be top side up. Also easy to re-load without taking out the mags.

Sorry for the "off topic"

Hardly off topic, I think it's a very good topic to discuss for GBBs. First I'd like to point out that a good number of real military operators and police officers carry magazines with ammo down so you can use magpuls/rangerplates/tape-and-band magazine extractors. Some just do it because it makes reloading much easier. Makes for one smooth motion. I rarely get dirt on the inside of my mag pouches, the dump pouch is a different storey but in the mag pouches never. I use closed tops and they remain firmly and snugly closed. With a GBB like the WA's I would worry about the magazine feedlips breaking off. The WE could have this same issue. Something like a cut up dead rag in the bottom of a mag pouch may do wonders for the longevity of the magazines.

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
I would really much like to know that too. Shouldn't be too expensive to get such a part. And seems pretty easy to swap it.

I would love to have such part that's tuned for around 400-415 fps with GG (in about 20-25 degree Celcius weather).

I've heard that WE is already planned to make different version of bolt with different power setting, should be much easier to just swap the bolt in the field.

Hardly off topic, I think it's a very good topic to discuss for GBBs. First I'd like to point out that a good number of real military operators and police officers carry magazines with ammo down so you can use magpuls/rangerplates/tape-and-band magazine extractors. Some just do it because it makes reloading much easier. Makes for one smooth motion. I rarely get dirt on the inside of my mag pouches, the dump pouch is a different storey but in the mag pouches never. I use closed tops and they remain firmly and snugly closed. With a GBB like the WA's I would worry about the magazine feedlips breaking off. The WE could have this same issue. Something like a cut up dead rag in the bottom of a mag pouch may do wonders for the longevity of the magazines.

Yea, I am using magpul on my mags, don't really have a choice but to put them up side down. :D

FastMag's hard case design seems to help protecting the feedlips as well.

Roecar, that is fantastic information. Thank you so much for providing that!!!

I wonder if it will ever pan out. Pretty cool to see a US manufacturer, especially a firearms manufacturer actually considering producing their own line of guns. The only thing that kind of kills my joy is that you said they would probably evolve into something like Magpul PTS. I would hope that they would actually produce some airsoft guns in their US factory.

Mind my poor story telling skills :D . What I meant by a WE and KAC partnership evolving into a Magpul PTS type arrangement was, if KAC is impressed with that WE has to offer, KAC would be contributing to the fabrication/distribution of proposed WE M4s. From what I understood from James, KAC would help with engineering parts of the gun or even fabricating the gun itself. While he couldn't give me specifics he was implying that KAC would be interested in producing an airsoft GBB M4 primarily for LE and military training (Training platform like Systema but actaully used by LE and military units). He would also hope that it would be available for us airsofters.

Outside of that I'm in the dark like the rest of you ;)

Roecar, that is fantastic information. Thank you so much for providing that!!!

I wonder if it will ever pan out. Pretty cool to see a US manufacturer, especially a firearms manufacturer actually considering producing their own line of guns. The only thing that kind of kills my joy is that you said they would probably evolve into something like Magpul PTS. I would hope that they would actually produce some airsoft guns in their US factory.

I live roughly 10 minutes from evike, and I called them to check if they had some stuff in stock. (website is a pretty shoddy indicator)

I asked about the WE techs, and they said that the first ones sent were on loan for possible military/LE training use.

I had no idea that might've been some kind of manufacturing deal though, thats awesome!!

Edited by John_234
WE is already making some drop in bolts, something very similar to the PTW cylinders :)

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. As good as it sounds, getting one or two of those seems a bit overkill for me. Single adjustment piece for 400 fps would be enough for me and maybe one for 330 fps. I doubt I'll have a need to swap pieces during games. I know what kind of limits there are and after some chrono work I should be able to swap the correct piece before I leave for the games (400 outdoors, 330 for CQB). Although most of the games here are with 1.6 joule limits, so most likely one setting would be enough for me 99% of the times...