WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Just got an email from Gunners re if their version was the hop up version. I guess it was kinda helpfull, even though I suspect that the versions they are carrying are all the hopup version.

"Hi,

I read the manual……it didn`t say it has hop up.

But I checked the explosion diagram, there should be a hop up mechanism, may be a fixed hop up I guess.

Hope this help."

Ehhh, not sure what to make of that. Ill prolly just wait a bit and buy from AB.

Not sure how useful this is but I've just picked up a new we m4a1 from mong kok in hong kong, and all the guns there have steel bolt releases.

The guy also recommended you clean off all the grease from inside the gun and replace it with some of your own after getting it. Especially around the o-rings.

Edited by Josiah
Not sure how useful this is but I've just picked up a new we m4a1 from mong kok in hong kong, and all the guns there have steel bolt releases.

The guy also recommended you clean off all the grease from inside the gun and replace it with some of your own after getting it. Especially around the o-rings.

hello, wath grease or oil do you recommend, teflon grease ?silicon oil ? twice ?

So as it is now do we have two versions floating around the shops? The non hop and the hop?

What were the benefits of hop and non hop? I can't seem to recall

AFAIK there was never a non-hop version. There maybe one with an adjustable hop and a nonadjustable hop, but so far I've heard of the adjustable hop type.

So as it is now do we have two versions floating around the shops? The non hop and the hop?

From what I recall there never was a non-hopup version. simply that the ones stated as non-hopUp had their hop-ups installed in such a way that it was nigh impossible to adjust. However, once you disassemble the hop-up once and reassemble it, it's good to go.

Edit: Does anyone know if one can buy the Socom Gear Noveske M4 from overseas when it comes out? And will it have the new steel bolt catch?

An e-mail from Socom Gear after I asked for info on the release:

"There are some legal issues.

We don't want to import this item until US gov. say OK to go.

Thanks.

SOCOMGEAR"

I see it as being similar to the AFC version, possibly with a few tweaks as SG likes to be an "Improved WE" brand.

An e-mail from Socom Gear after I asked for info on the release:

"There are some legal issues.

We don't want to import this item until US gov. say OK to go.

Thanks.

SOCOMGEAR"

I see it as being similar to the AFC version, possibly with a few tweaks as SG likes to be an "Improved WE" brand.

i dont see why the US government would have to approve it unless socom gear didnt actually get the license to use Noveske Trades.

i dont see why the US government would have to approve it unless socom gear didnt actually get the license to use Noveske Trades.

They are making sure its not classified as a firearm since the parts closely resemble each other.

Just be patient.

They are making sure its not classified as a firearm since the parts closely resemble each other.

Just be patient.

i already have one.......hell it is holding the record for getting through customs, i have never had a gun or other package that has gotten through customs as quick. It was in and out in under 4 hours.

i already have one.......hell it is holding the record for getting through customs, i have never had a gun or other package that has gotten through customs as quick. It was in and out in under 4 hours.

Im talking about the US retailers/distribution network.

Ordering from overseas is easy currently simply because the US customs agents have no idea what they're looking at for the most part.

If the packaging says toy gun, it must be a toy gun.

Before these can be imported on a large scale they must be approved by the ATF.

Im talking about the US retailers/distribution network.

Ordering from overseas is easy currently simply because the US customs agents have no idea what they're looking at for the most part.

If the packaging says toy gun, it must be a toy gun.

Before these can be imported on a large scale they must be approved by the ATF.

ah ha.....gotcha

Got my rifle today. My apologies to AB, sorry I doubted you. You need to keep up with your emails!

In any case, great rifle. Not sure if mine has the steel bolt catch or not but after more than 5 or so mags it doesn't have a scratch on it. Mags are a little tight but I think with normal use they will wear in. The gun shipped with a blazed orange plastic flash suppressor which was on uber tight. Had to place the barrel extension in the vice and twist it off. It came with a non orange blazed metal flash suppressor and the short inner barrel. I replaced the orange tip with the one included in the box. I'm going to have to put a dab of lock-tite on the threads as it didn't matter how tight I put the flash suppressor on, it managed to rattle itself loose. The receiver seems to be anodized and gives the gun a decent finish. I went with the non-trade version, and like others have said, there are no roll marks for safe/semi/auto. When I gassed up the mag for the first time, it leaked very slightly. On the next reload and gas fill, it no longer leaked and hasn't since. The forward assist if functional but mine seems a little tight. When pressing the forward assist all the way, it gets a little stuck. Pulling it out or charging the rifle unjams the forward assist. With a little oil and some wear, I think it will loosen up in time. Then again, what use is the forward assist on an airsoft gun... The buffer seems to slip past the buffer retainer every once in a while but I think this can be fixed by adjusting the height of the retainer in the lower receiver.

It's pretty cold here, probably about 20*F (my deck has been covered in ice all day). I was able to blast through a whole mag on full auto without hesitation and the bolt locked back on the last round. Reloaded and gassed up right away and noticed that it stuttered a little bit. This shouldn't be a problem at all on a warmer day.

I don't have a chrono but with the full size inner installed using .25's, it sends them. I was getting incredible range out of it too. My house is on a little under 1.5 acres and I was almost able to reach the trees at the far end of my lot (which is saying something). I was impressed. Accuracy was decent from what I can tell, I wasn't shooting at targets or anything but it seemed as though I was hitting where I was aiming.

The gun works (really well actually) and the internals are built SOLID. I have a bottle of propane and 134. 134 simply doesn't have enough pressure to cycle the gun well. This gun was made for the higher pressure gases.

Even without roll marks, the anodized finish looks good and the parts are well made. The internals are rock solid and due to its simple design, it doesn't seem like there will be much of a (if at all) problem here. Accuracy and range seem above average, probably comparable to a high end AEG. The warmer months will show us the true range/accuracy. All in all I think it is a great rifle. I have absolutely no regrets with this purchase. I just wish I bought more mags....

Got my WE M4 last week. It seems that I'm having a stupid problem with it. When I reload the gun the pin in the magwell that pushes the valve on the magazine doesn't always go all the way back and thus it's not firing properly. And this has only occured when I manually reload the gun. I might get some propper grease for it to see if it sorts it out.

Actually, I've come across a relatively simple and temporary fix for this. It's not a permanent mechanical fix, but a quick way to get the pin to retract without doing it manually by hand which could be done during a skirmish or something.

After you insert the mag and pull the charging handle, you can simply wiggle the magazine back and forth while it's in the gun to get the pin unstuck. If you hear closely enough you can actually sometimes hear the pin click back into place rather faintly.

It appears as if the slight upward pressure from the magazine valve creates small but enough friction on the pin to prevent it from retracting. And so wiggling the magazine around seems to help. But of course this is assuming that the pin retracts normally without the magazine present, which it does on mine. I think the magazine does this because the rubber piece between the mag and the bolt eventually gets pushed downward a bit and so the magazine is able to move up slightly more than out of the box. And then that creates the upward pressure.

hello guys, some news update here.

I just make a stop at AFC yesterday and I was given a steel bolt lock and a new hop rubber. I also saw quite a number of new "power down" valves is already been made, staff said that new batch of gun will be fitted with those. Don't know if the overseas version will be fitted with those, but it is a good news to the UK players as they have a 1J legal power limit.

Due to the original hop rubber is for heavy 0.43g BB that is not that common, we were given a new hop rubber which is softer to match lighter BBs.

I also heard there is another fps lower method that reqire no mod to the valve. However that yet to be tested. I will upload some photo later and keep you guys update.

Alright alright, tried a few new things

steel bolt lock- lock and release it about 120 times, still in good shape not deformed like the original one. However it just refuse to lock in most of the time semi or auto, may be the spring in the may that pushes the bolt lock is not strong enough to push the heavier steel bolt lock. A solution is yet to be discovered.

new hop rubber- Yet to be test

DSCF2276.jpg DSCF2277.jpg

New method to reduce fps- all you need is a 7mm bearing from an AEG gear box, plastic one preferably.

DSCF2278.jpg DSCF2280.jpg DSCF2279.jpg

The theory is simple the bearing act as a spacer and pushes the valve forward, hence less gas in allowed into the chamber. I tried to shoot a few rounds and the power is dramatically reduced even though mine M4 is the AFC local version that shoots 400fps+. I don't know if there is any long term problem cause by doing this mod, so DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Can you find out what the FPS is before and after that modification? I'm very curious.

And nicely done!

sorry that I don't have the speedmetre thingy at home. But I will tell you more detail on the test any way. I used marui 0.2g BB, before mod it can penetrate the bottom of a soft drink can. After the mod it can only penetrate one side of the can. Hope it helps.

Power down valve would be nice. And so would a steel bolt catch. Hopefully Airsoft Buddy will get both soon.

That mod sounds promising too. Should be simple enough to lower the fps. And if the bearing you use is nonmetallic, there shouldn't be any damage to the brass nozzle.

4boost: Your story sounds very familiar. ;) And just about everyone have reported the mags leaking a little at first, but after some use they stop leaking. Mine for example has held the gas without any leak ever since.