WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

There is a screw in the back of the bolt carrier that tightens the assembly that slides within the bolt carrier itself. Is this supposed to be a little loose so the assembly can move around (ala hi-capa piston head) or is it supposed to be tight so the assembly stays straight?

What about higher capacity mags? As fun as reloads are with the bolt catch, 30 rounds isn't much when you're facing aegs with 1000 round sound activated auto loading magazines.

i heard rumors that WE was working on a gas powered Beta mag (most likely 100 rounds though)

30 rounds also makes it more realistic......an m4 with a hundred rounds in a STANAG mag isnt very realistic

Josiah has a point though, mil-sim aside, high capacity magazines wouldnt be a bad thing :(

not to be a downer, but i super realistic gas blow back rifle may be a bit much for non realistic milsim players....thus not needing a super high ammo count mag (that would also take ALOT of gas)

not to be a downer, but i super realistic gas blow back rifle may be a bit much for non realistic milsim players....thus not needing a super high ammo count mag (that would also take ALOT of gas)

So what your saying is, this gun is so realistic that people who arent milsim should not buy it, so that hicap magazines wouldnt have to be released...?

There will always be buyers that arent as milsim as you are. I can tell you are against hi cap mags...so dont buy them...there are many other milsim players or not that would love hicap mags because they dont want to reload after every 30 rounds while people with aeg's will have 300+ round hi caps spraying at them.

Well, knowing that Co2 magazines are coming out, since the capsule is small maybe WE is working on a 100+ round co2 magazine

So what your saying is, this gun is so realistic that people who arent milsim should not buy it, so that hicap magazines wouldnt have to be released...?

There will always be buyers that arent as milsim as you are. I can tell you are against hi cap mags...so dont buy them...there are many other milsim players or not that would love hicap mags because they dont want to reload after every 30 rounds while people with aeg's will have 300+ round hi caps spraying at them.

Well, knowing that Co2 magazines are coming out, since the capsule is small maybe WE is working on a 100+ round co2 magazine

well your right, i am against high caps (by hi caps i mean the 300-400 round mags that look like stanag mags in AEGs) i am not against a 100ish round beta mag that is gas powered *mostly because there are such things in real life*

i do not think milsim is someone running around with an m4 and a box mag with 2000-3000 rounds its just too unrealistic. now if someone wants to do that, more power to them, its just not my cup of tea. and when you said hi cap i was assuming you means something along the lines of 300-400 round beta mag, which would be almost impossible unless you were hooked up to an external rig.

If anyone makes anything higher than 30rds STANAG mag it'll be after market for sure. WE wants to keep this M4 as realistic as possible. The only "high" they would make is a BETA Cmag with 100 rds.

which would make sense, the Law enforcement agencies in my local area and military units in my area are looking to pickup the WE as a training rifle.

if i remember right doent the Marui put the gas into the stock of the gun? not the mag?

The Marui is electric.

Milsim isn't all about mag capacity, it's about tactics. I think midcaps are actually PRACTICAL for airsoft, 30 rounders are just so you can say "I'm so milsim".

The Marui is electric.

Milsim isn't all about mag capacity, it's about tactics. I think midcaps are actually PRACTICAL for airsoft, 30 rounders are just so you can say "I'm so milsim".

i know the marui is electric in function but i thought the blow back part was run on C02

Purely electric but the recoil mechanism is inside the buffer tube. Its lowcaps hold pretty much nothing but the BBs inside as well as the bolt stop follower. But I was referring to how their lowcap mag can be switched between lowcap and realcap to cater both milsim enthusiasts and people who just don't like hicaps without having to make two different mags.

What about higher capacity mags? As fun as reloads are with the bolt catch, 30 rounds isn't much when you're facing aegs with 1000 round sound activated auto loading magazines.

"30 rounds isn't much when you're facing aegs with 1000" <----- you shouldn't put yourself in this kind of sitation at first place... :P

Don't bring low-caps to a "trigger happy" game. lol

I think the same capacity as Tm standards ie 68 would be good. Is there enough gas per mag for 100 shots?

I understand that they would probably redesign the gas chamber but enough gas for 100 rounds from a GBB rifle would need a huge chamber would it not?

The original 30 round mag's gas chamber can hold enough gas to shot 60-80 rounds already.

I really want WE to make a gas MG/SAW though :D