WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Sounds like a good idea IBICO. I would definitely help you out, but I don't have a WE. However, the method you defined would require the person to have a rail, which is not included on the stock WE (I think you are trying to gauge stock performance, right?), maybe you could just clamp at the magazine or the receiver: it's closer to the mass center, and you won't induce barrel flex via gravity moment, which might have a noticeable effect on results.

I hope you get a good set of data for at least the WA and the WE.

Edited by slu
Sounds like a good idea IBICO. I would definitely help you out, but I don't have a WE. However, the method you defined would require the person to have a rail, which is not included on the stock WE (I think you are trying to gauge stock performance, right?), maybe you could just clamp at the magazine or the receiver: it's closer to the mass center, and you won't induce barrel flex via gravity moment, which might have a noticeable effect on results.

I hope you get a good set of data for at least the WA and the WE.

When fastening to the mag the gun could "wobble" on the magazine. So that would not be secure enough.

BUT.. I don`t think anyone don`t have RIS available to fit on the WE. People tend to upgrade and put on parts. I have not seen much M4 with normal handguard.

I recall someone on this forum using an AEG aftermarked stock (king arms or G&P) on the WE. Can anyone confirm this? I figured that the stock diameter was Milspec and wouldnt work on ANY aeg stock system, but I remember someone mentioning it. Will any of the ACM or brand name crane stocks work on it?

I recall someone on this forum using an AEG aftermarked stock (king arms or G&P) on the WE. Can anyone confirm this? I figured that the stock diameter was Milspec and wouldnt work on ANY aeg stock system, but I remember someone mentioning it. Will any of the ACM or brand name crane stocks work on it?

Here is my WE with a complete set of G&P parts (stock, CASV, silencer with 14mm CW thread):

ec95146004879.jpeg

the stock has a little wobble, not a big issue, it can be solved with some pieces of adhesive tape inside the stock's tube.

how much, and you know you can use a RS charging handle in it right?

i have a Rock River Arms one in mine right now

"...........Ya I know. I'd probably sell it all for $290 shipped. "

Ill take it as is.

Ready to paypal the money.

pressroll@hotmail.com

Edited by rottenotto

DSCF2266_mod1.jpg

One of the reason the bolt lock don't work:

Many of you who own a WE probably noticed the the bit pointed by the blue arrow is worn out (I even file it a bit which make it worse). This is where the bolt contact the bolt lock, as this bit worn out further the bolt will slip away from it. The only quick fix I can think of is to file it until it is flat again.

I already forward this problem to AFC/WE, they should come up with some solution/refine on parts sooner or later.

DSCF2266_mod1.jpg

Many of you who own a WE probably noticed the the bit pointed by the blue arrow is worn out (I even file it a bit which make it worse). This is where the bolt contact the bolt lock, as this bit worn out further the bolt will slip away from it. The only quick fix I can think of is to file it until it is flat again.

I already forward this problem to AFC/WE, they should come up with some solution/refine on parts sooner or later.

how did you unscrew the valve to separate the pieces?

DSCF2266_mod1.jpg

Are you sure it wasn't just the paint that was worn? Because the bolt carrier is supposedly made of steel. I doubt a pot metal bolt catch would be able to cause any appreciable damage to that part.

Most likely any bolt lock problem is due to the pot metal bolt catch. which AB will send you a steel one for the shipping price if you bought your gun from him. Not sure whether or not he would send you one for the shipping price if you bought your gun from someone else.

Are you sure it wasn't just the paint that was worn? Because the bolt carrier is supposedly made of steel. I doubt a pot metal bolt catch would be able to cause any appreciable damage to that part.

Most likely any bolt lock problem is due to the pot metal bolt catch. which AB will send you a steel one for the shipping price if you bought your gun from him. Not sure whether or not he would send you one for the shipping price if you bought your gun from someone else.

* Unless yours bolt carrier is special made, I am pretty sure the bolt carrier is made of zinc. (Only Ino's M4 come with steel bolt carrier as far as I can remember)

* The original bolt lock may be made by pot metal. But if you look closely to the area that contact to the bolt carrier on the bolt lock, there is a small round piece of steel metal on it.

* Since steel is harder than zinc, the bolt carrier worn out. :P