WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

* Unless yours bolt carrier is special made, I am pretty sure the bolt carrier is made of zinc. (Only Ino's M4 come with steel bolt carrier as far as I can remember)

* The original bolt lock may be made by pot metal. But if you look closely to the area that contact to the bolt carrier on the bolt lock, there is a small round piece of steel metal on it.

* Since steel is harder than zinc, the bolt carrier worn out. :P

Zinc? Wow. I remember one of the sites, if not a few mentioning it was CNC steel. I really hope it isnt made out of zinc.

Hello guys,

I just received mine today, so it's a brand new version with ........... STEEL bolt catch and it seems the bolt carrier is also made out of steel ( just tested them with a magnet ).

It's the afc version ( anodised and grey ), the markings are very well made. The paintjob is quiet good ( noticed a few litlle scratches on the receiver ).

I just tested it and it works well, but it seems the rof is slower compared to many videos on youtube ( 21°C on green gas ), maybe because the bolt is heavier or maybe because it's quiet dirty with some heavy grease.

Like everyone else I'm very surprised by the kick of the beast ( it actually kicks harder than a stock tm desert eagle on green gas, if you shoot it with one hand ).

There is also a hole in the magwell ( like on the first versions ).

I ordered it at wgc ( couldn't resist the 10% :) ) with 3 spare mags and it seems the mags have been improved too because only one of them was leaking a few seconds ( I'm using begadi's green gas ).

Stay tuned for further reports and some pics.

Hi Yanng, would be particularly interesting how well it works outside in this kind of weather.

I'd also love to know about things like from all you WE users:

-Compatibility, especially to AEG Rail systems, such as the G&P, VFC or Dboys RIS, Flashhiders (is it 14mm+ or -) and the likes

-How well do replica sights handle the rifles' recoil (which i guess is nowehre near the real thing, but well, some of those ACM acogs...)

stuff like that

thanks a lot

Edited by Chevieblazer

before I go trawling through 70 pages of supposition, opinion and speculation....

Is there actually a 'review' of this gun in here somewhere and if so can someone point me in the direction of the page! this is after all a review section, not a discussion section.

I thank you in advance.

Rob.

The Chef:

Never been a comprehensive review, but a lot of good info has been posted. Start reading around page 35, that's right around where Lupus and Jin received theirs. You'll skip through the pre-release gossip. Here are a summary of the issues, correct me if I am wrong:

General:

- External build quality is good considering the price

- The front receiver thread and the buffer tube thread are both in "real steel" spec. The included buffer tube is mil-spec dimension.

- The upper rail is not as "in-spec" as the Ino MTW, as demonstrated by a Youtube video fitting real optics and mounts onto the said models.

- The AFC version now comes with some kind of anodizing (probably not Type III) and Colt M4A1 government rollmarks.

- Muzzle velocity is high on all the original versions, but modifications will become available to tune the FPS to whatever is desired.

- Recoil is impressive, ACM/el-cheapo optics may not be able to function reliably.

- A full green gassing of a magazine can go through approximating 60 rounds (i.e., 1 reload).

Cons/Issues:

- Leaky magazines (Fix: Some fix themselves, some needs a bit lubing, others are hopeless)

- Issue with bolt stop wear (Fix: WE now manufacturing with steel bolts stops).

- Inner barrel does not sit flush with outer barrel (Fix: Use o-ring to stabilize inner barrel).

- Issue with firing pin seating (Fix: Detailed by Devil Dan, see previous pages).

- Charging handle may snap at the very tip (Fix: WE shipping somehow reinforced charging handles, real steel charging handles may work with modification).

- Forward assist may pop out/disassemble itself (Fix: Reassemble with superglue, not sure if real steel forward assist will work).

- Receiver will wear and in almost all cases develop a hole in the rear inside of the magwell, (Fix: As of now, WE has deemed is unnecessary to fix this as it does not effect function, wait for aftermarket recievers).

Chevieblazer:

Any airsoft rail with a real receiver thread will work on this. Examples I can think of right now are G&P and perhaps King Arms (this is from personal experience). Others not too sure about.

As for ACM optics, try your luck. Nobody has really reported on this issue. Recoil has been said to be comparable to a .22LR.

Edited by slu

Thanks slu for point out the weak points of previous versions so I can compare.

@ The Chef : you should better read this topic : http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=154 only 14 pages and it contains all the informations you could find here. I agree someone should make a big review of this gun ( I would be glad if I could help, since English isn't my first language well my review wouldn't be top notch ).

@Chevieblazer : I will testfire the beast outside tomorrow but the weather is quiet warm for this period of the year ( around 8°C ), but Lupus tested it in cold temps ( you can find his feedback on this topic ).

I took some pictures : http://picasaweb.google.fr/yanngx/WeAfcM4a1#

This gun has been greatly improved, I don't think a would need any reinforced parts since the bolt carrier and the bolt stop are made out of steel, the forward assist knob seems well glued on my gun

The only weak part would be the charging handle ( but no problem so far ).

After cleaning the gun and only using silicon spray, the rof is quiet better but this gun can't really manage to provide long bursts even at high temperatures.

Yes, I can empty a whole mag in one burst but the rof drops like crazy.

And my mags don't leak at all :D , I had the firing pin issue but it was my fault ( I didn't cocked the gun hard enough ).

I love this gun, it's very well made, functions like RS, the firsts problems have been solved.

Edited by yanng

Yeah, I've been hoping to make a review, but wintertime and gas guns don't mix too good (for a good and complete review and some extensive skirmishing outdoors). Waiting for the CO2 mags... :huh:

It has been a wonderful piece indoors. The weather has been too cold to use in games since the last time I played with it. Which was around 4°C. It worked fine with semiauto then (with ~1.5 joule power), until weather dropped to around 1°C and it didn't have enough power to feed bb's to barrel.

Great summation slu, but I have a couple of small corrections.

- Charging handle may snap at the very tip (Fix: WE shipping somehow reinforced charging handles, real steel charging handles may work with modification).

Real steel charging handles actually work without any modifications. They just happen to grab a different part of the bolt than the stock one due to the very slightly different shape at the front end. They still function as they should.

- Receiver will wear and in almost all cases develop a hole in the rear inside of the magwell, (Fix: As of now, WE has deemed is unnecessary to fix this as it does not effect function, wait for aftermarket recievers).

The hole inside of the magwell is not caused by wear. They will just come like that. Saying that the hole developes implies that somehow the magazine rubbing against the wall creates the hole. This is inaccurate. The hole is inherent from the design and most likely happens when the mag catch hole is drilled in the lower receiver.

My bolt catch has now sh@t itself, but the rifle still shoots. I will do a mag order from AB, 6 mags against hoards of noobs isn't a good picture LOL

JFJ is about to do an order from WE, perhaps you would like to get magazines in that order? I've asked him to enquire about the steel bolt catches. If anything, ordering through JFJ should save you a bit of moolah :)

Hi Yanng, would be particularly interesting how well it works outside in this kind of weather.

I'd also love to know about things like from all you WE users:

-Compatibility, especially to AEG Rail systems, such as the G&P, VFC or Dboys RIS, Flashhiders (is it 14mm+ or -) and the likes

-How well do replica sights handle the rifles' recoil (which i guess is nowehre near the real thing, but well, some of those ACM acogs...)

stuff like that

thanks a lot

Hello Chevieblazer

Please check http://gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=259

This contain a brief report of all RS/Replica accesssories we tried on the WE, you may found something useful in there. :)

Got my free replacement steel bolt catch from AB today. Nice quality part, grey in color unlike the original which is black. It is clearly built from better material. Once installed it worked flawlessly and has had no deflection after about 30 or 40 lock-backs. AB continues to give great customer service.

The link above did not provide much help, apparently a KAC style replica RIS will fit, but a mod is required. I want to buy the KAC RIS from EbayBanned and install it on a WE, can anybody confirm that it will fit and if not, are there any mods which will allow it to?

Just give feedback when you know more about what would fit.. a "database" of what part that fit don`t work very good if nobody add things to it.

I`ll look in to the possibility to put info like this into a working database. So you could search up parts and see if it would fit. Might take some time since I can`t about database and have to find outside help.. but it might be something that should be done.

Just give feedback when you know more about what would fit.. a "database" of what part that fit don`t work very good if nobody add things to it.

I`ll look in to the possibility to put info like this into a working database. So you could search up parts and see if it would fit. Might take some time since I can`t about database and have to find outside help.. but it might be something that should be done.

A wikia would be an easy way to do it.

I tested it outside ( 6°C ), works well and the bolt stopped when the mag was empty. I also got some good trajectory and it seems my M4 does have a softer hop up rubber made for lower fps settings ( my version shoots at 350fps or something similar ).

I tested it with excell 0.23g and the bbs are falling at 30m, with more hop up this thing would have a range similar to a good aeg.

But the hop up ajustment ring is still difficult to turn so I can't have a perfect trajectory.

Among my 4 magazines only one does have a problem, the bolt stop feature doesn't work on it, and it also leaks a little bit. But I have absolutely no problem with the 3 other mags.

@ Kai_Wolf : you will get the steel bolt catch, no doubt about it.