WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I tested it outside ( 6°C ), works well and the bolt stopped when the mag was empty. I also got some good trajectory and it seems my M4 does have a softer hop up rubber made for lower fps settings ( my version shoots at 350fps or something similar ).

I tested it with excell 0.23g and the bbs are falling at 30m, with more hop up this thing would have a range similar to a good aeg.

But the hop up ajustment ring is still difficult to turn so I can't have a perfect trajectory.

Among my 4 magazines only one does have a problem, the bolt stop feature doesn't work on it, and it also leaks a little bit. But I have absolutely no problem with the 3 other mags.

@ Kai_Wolf : you will get the steel bolt catch, no doubt about it.

where did you order yours from? does it have steel bolt catch?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

this would be my first gas gun so can someone answer this rather stupid question, how many shots can you do from one full gas charge? or do you have to cary around a gas can and load that and bbs every clip, assuming you only have the standard 1 mag

edit - also does anyone have some ideas on how the accuracy is?

Edited by OKane22
this would be my first gas gun so can someone answer this rather stupid question, how many shots can you do from one full gas charge? or do you have to cary around a gas can and load that and bbs every clip, assuming you only have the standard 1 mag

edit - also does anyone have some ideas on how the accuracy is?

From what has been reported here, assuming a nonleaky magazine in fair temperature (say, above 15 degrees Celsius), a full charge of green gas in a magazine can go through ~60 shots. The magazine can only hold 30 BBs at a time, so there is no doubt that this is definitely more spendy in the long run than an AEG.

Edited by slu

I ordered mine at wgc ( afc version ) and it has the steel bolt catch. I tested it with a magnet : http://picasaweb.google.fr/yanngx/WeAfcM4a1# .

@OKane22 : green gas shoots harder ( this gun needs it, the bolt assembly weights 250g and look how far it travels ! ) and doesn't cools down as fast as other gasses so you will get your 60 shots but the temperature is also a major factor ( no problem on semi at 6°C but 20°C are needed for extended burst with a great rof ).

I encountered the firing pin issue and I found out that the gun needs to be cocked before inserting the magazine and cocked again if you want to chamber a bb, after doing this I never encountered the piring pin issue again but I always get it if the gun isn't cocked before. It is also easier to insert the magazine.

It's quiet similar to the we luger on this point expect that on the luger you can't even insert the mag. I hope this helps.

I tested the accuracy and at 30m it is very similar to a standart aeg m4 but my hop up setting isn't perfect, I would say it is skirmishable but it will be quiet hardcore ( my fps limit is at 350fps ).

It is a great gun but only for someone who already owns a great and reliable aeg.

Edited by yanng

Just been looking around the sites that sell it, am I right in thinking that you can't actually get the high power version anymore? Everywhere only seems to sell the 350fps version. Looks like they've listened to how much power people need to actually be able to skirmish with it.

According to airsoft-news.eu:

Start to deliver to SOCOMGEAR dealers worldwide.

Please contact your local dealers to pre-order.

MSRP: $399 includes Noveske licensed KX3 with the rifle.

Extra magazine: $40

Rails and sights are optional.

NOTE: Not available in USA. Waiting for importing confirmation from government.

An extra $59 for Noveske Markings and KX3? Not bad. They do mention that the Noveske Rails are an extra expense.

Airsoftbuddy.com has both the non trade and full trade for the same price, both of which are the original high power (500fps+). I can attest to their great customer service as well.

Right, but they both have different fps ratings?

Standard:

Muzzle Velocity: 480fps with 0.2g BBs & Top gas

AFC Version:

Muzzle Velocity: 330-350 FPS ( with 0.2g BBs & Top gas )

am i missing something here :mellow:

um, airsoftbuddy.com...

yes, and mr airsoftbuddy says that the 'standard' version i.e. high power is not being made anymore, only the AFC version, which is de-tuned to give only 350fps. I hate the way people on here are so condescending LOL

Edited by TwinTurboCH

I've been eagerly following both this and the WA M4 thread and I'm genuinely excited about this new innovation.

I know this may be a difficult question to answer but is the general opinion that WE have outgunned WA with their version of the M4 GBB (especially considering WEs new version)

I'm very keen to buy one of these but I'm still slightly unsure, I guess I'm a bit of a snob with GBB pistols and would never consider buying a WE pistol over a WA but it seems they have really improved their game with this new offering, is that fair to say?

I'd also love to see some more pics of what people have done with their WE M4s.

Thanks guys.

Edited by chris u'5

well, i read from beginning to end and all the people that own both guns have said that the WE is better. its built to GG specs and is based on classic designs instead of a new design. there's no mag output issues or feed jamming (ra-tech did just make a ramp like part for the WA than helps against it but i haven seen it in action). the body is a HQ aluminum (with the rest of it steel and ABS) and now comes with colt trades and is all around cheaper. durable mags to boot.

oh, and the best thing... its not a WE gun. designed by another company. i even have my speculations that its not even manufactured by WE, just distributed by them.

I asked this on another site, but I was wondering for those who have had installed a RIS or RAS on their WE already. I was considering getting the RIS from ebay, the KAC, but to make it not wobble, I would need something like the Madbul Ras fix.

Ive noticed on the gas gun forums that people have had other rail systems installed, such as some of the DD and Larue replicas ive seen on EB. Has anyone installed a rail system on their WE and had it been a drop in fit with no wobble at all? If so, what kind was it? I am specifically looking at the new CNC EB Daniel Defense rail, but I cant tell if it will accomodate the gas tube.

well, i think it was Lupas that grabbed a cheap larue copy of ebay and it fit without wobble. the ras fix is to make a tm style receiver into a mil spec receiver. since the WE is already mil spec you can put on all that sweet madbull and G&P stuff off the bat. compatibility with that EBB copy stuff is unknown, but the grip replacements (the drop in ones) will work with a couple files here and there.

From what I remember, Lupus actually bought the cheaper KAC replica on ebay, and not the Larue. That is the one that wobbles a bit and I wanted to save the money and not have to buy the RAS fix from madbull. A couple of people on the other forums said that theirs fit drop in, but I didnt know if it wobbled or not.