WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Isn't that a one-piece RIS that screws into where the barrel nut normally would?

I don't see how you'd be worried about wobble with an RIS like that...

The KAC styled ones are two-piece, which would go on the gun just like the standard forearms. From my understanding this is why people consider wobble to be a potential issue.

Well, I was wondering just from going about different sites, if this specifically would fit.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1929

Sadly though, I dont know if this one is going to have wobble like the KAC unit.

The linked item doesn't attach anything like a KAC RAS. If anything, the DD RIS II is light years ahead of the KAC RAS.

There's no way to know without trying, but, as a guess, these ACM items are usually direct copies of the real steel item, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they fit a WE. If it doesn't then oh well, its $70 bucks down the drain, not $350. The actual DD RIS II unit mounts rock solid, and from the looks of it, this knock off copies it pretty well.

Edited by slu

Don't know of this has been posted yet but figured I would throw it up here anyway:

http://www.intrudershop.com/showreport.asp?report_id=53

Also, it looks like Dentrinity is now carrying the blank and trademarked versions.

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=13722

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=13723

Edited by 4boost
Don't know of this has been posted yet but figured I would throw it up here anyway:

http://www.intrudershop.com/showreport.asp?report_id=53

The shell deflector does look conspicuously smaller on the WE in those comparison pics. The forward assist also sticks out more.

Upon looking at some real steel pics, seems like the WE looks more spot on. Not sure why Ino/WA went with oversized shell deflectors.

Edited by slu

What are the real differences with the AFC? Just the "anodized" parts and steel outer barrel/bolt + body trademarks?

Since the front part of the outer barrel screws off, do you guys think that the Guarder piece will fit?

Guarder%20M16-02_big.jpg

I haven't seen a picture of the WE with the 5.56 NATO 1/7 twist markings on the outer barrel. Plus I like the finish of the Guarder's piece and their flashhiders. WE looks a bit too gray.

Hi!

There has been a lot of talking about the original version of the WE weapon. It seems some guys at this thread have ordered the AFC version. I am realy interested about the AFC version because it seems that you cannot get the original (the one with great 450FPS power) from anywhere. So i am asking could you proud AFC version owners tell a little about that version of the gun?

I am intrested about the following things ( i think i am not the only one )?

-Muzzle velocity?

-Can the muzzle velocity be raised? The rubber thing on the barrel ? Valve ?

-Any other differences to the original version ?

Thx already to you guys :P

Hi!

There has been a lot of talking about the original version of the WE weapon. It seems some guys at this thread have ordered the AFC version. I am realy interested about the AFC version because it seems that you cannot get the original (the one with great 450FPS power) from anywhere. So i am asking could you proud AFC version owners tell a little about that version of the gun?

I am intrested about the following things ( i think i am not the only one )?

-Muzzle velocity?

-Can the muzzle velocity be raised? The rubber thing on the barrel ? Valve ?

-Any other differences to the original version ?

Thx already to you guys :P

Hi have one of the "original" version, and just bought the AFC version this week, ( now in customs, waiting...)

Hope to have it, this next sunday. By the way, some of the difference are the markings, color (AFC its anodized, some gray color instead the black in the original) , looks like to bolt stop its now steel, and bolt carrier to... but not sure, until I have it on my hands, and can compare to my other WE m4.

I've got the AFC Version for about 1 or 2 weeks, no 5.56 NATO markings on the barrel, no factory markings on the right side of the upper.

Anodized finish is REALLY REALLY NICE, it is a little shallow matte black/greyish looking, not deep black like and shinny like CA painted receiver but not as grey as ICS receivers...

The only point which disappointed me a little was that the bolt action when pulling the charging handle is not very smooth, the brass tube inside is a little worn...

I've received the KAC RIS chinese (Boyi with KAC markings) clone from ebay this morning, and it doesn't fit "as is" on the carbine. I'll have to dremel a little the RIS to fit on the front sight ring... And its color is too deep black... I think I'll try to order the DD Omega rail 7" from ebaybanned...

...The only point which disappointed me a little was that the bolt action when pulling the charging handle is not very smooth, the brass tube inside is a little worn...

Have you tried degreasing and regreasing yourself (with a less viscous lube, perhaps spray silicon)?

Anyone else have this problem?

I've got the AFC Version for about 1 or 2 weeks, no 5.56 NATO markings on the barrel, no factory markings on the right side of the upper.

Anodized finish is REALLY REALLY NICE, it is a little shallow matte black/greyish looking, not deep black like and shinny like CA painted receiver but not as grey as ICS receivers...

The only point which disappointed me a little was that the bolt action when pulling the charging handle is not very smooth, the brass tube inside is a little worn...

I've received the KAC RIS chinese (Boyi with KAC markings) clone from ebay this morning, and it doesn't fit "as is" on the carbine. I'll have to dremel a little the RIS to fit on the front sight ring... And its color is too deep black... I think I'll try to order the DD Omega rail 7" from ebaybanned...

Ouch..so the Guarder outer barrel is a must. I'm sure it'll fit if the WE is 14mm threading. Can anyone tell me if the WE threading is 14mm CW(+) or CCW(-)?

Pretty sure a real upper can fit if you dremel the threading where the barrel nut goes so that you can put the WE outer barrel on it. That is if you want the factory markings on the side too.

Waiting for more correctly labeled markings and other trademarks to be released soon..

I actually just ordered the DD Omega CNC 7" rail from EB. In your own opinion ( I suppose from what you can see on the gun), do you think this will be a drop in fit? Im hoping there isnt too much play on the RIS. Thanks MDS.