WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Is there any places that carry this now with instock with free shipping?

Shippings like 110 to the US, anyone have any places?

are you talking about shipping from airsoft buddys site?

cause if you are, when i ordered mine, it was the same price, but its a problem with their site, email airsoft buddy directly and do the transaction that way.....

by actual shipping was 89 dollars not the 110 that was listed on their site

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

first off wait for the new one coming out on jan 20th, second, evike has coupon codes you can enter, free shipping..

the gun is 400, but thats the 2nd generation, idk what the going price will be, but maybe you can still save some from the shipping..

The only reason evike is selling the we-tech on 1/20 is because that is when they are going to get their shipment in, not because it is some special latest version that no other retailer is stocking at the moment. As far as I can tell, there are the following versions:

Blank lower receiver-Black painted

• Pot metal bolt catch
  • Weak charging handle and latch

WGC "custom" version

Supposedly had custom Colt trades engraved/etched by WGC. This was before WE/AFC announced the Colt traded anodized receivers. (I have not seen this "custom" version posted in the thread...correct me if I'm wrong)

Blank lower receiver-Anodized

• Upgraded bolt catch
  • Upgraded charging handle (not 100% sure on this)

Colt trademarked lower receiver-Anodized

• Upgraded bolt catch
Madbull/Socom Noveseke Version

• Yet to be released

It seems as though all versions had either 500+ fps or the lower 350ish fps. This was probably due to a custom valve that was made by the retailer.

There also seems to be speculation about the material of the bolt carrier being made out of zinc or some other metal other than steel in the earlier version (painted receiver). I don't believe this has been confirmed.

I bought my WE M4 from AB on 12/8. I opted for the blank receiver since I didn't want to deal with customs if they decided to open the box. Other people seem to have gotten their Colt traded version without any problems, I just didn't want to take a chance. The version I received is shooting 500+ fps (.25g's), has the blank receiver, and is anodized. I have now shot over 1000 rounds through it and there doesn't seem to be any wear on the bolt catch which I now assume is the steel version. The bolt carrier also does not have any wear on it. If this was made of zinc I would think that the steel bolt catch would put some wear on it.... There also doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the charging handle or latch. This may be because WE has upgraded it, I can't confirm this though. I have however bought a Rock River Arms forged charging handle assembly which I will swap in after it lands on my door step.

All I can say at this point (based on the version I have) is that this rifle is the bee's knees. I've taken mine apart to see what components may fail in the future and I can honestly say that aside from replacing an o-ring or two, I don't think there is going to be much of a problem with the internals. WE/AFC has honestly impressed me with the design. They actually put some time to think about what they were making and did it correctly.

Just to give you an idea on of how robust the bucking nub and loading nozzle are... I was using Evike craptastic "Matrix" bb's and had one shatter in the breach. Decided to see if it would shoot through it and it did without any problems. Opened up the rifle afterward to see if there was any damage and saw that there was not even a scratch to any of the brass internals or the bucking nub. Btw, the hop bucking design is genius. It's so simple, it's stupid....and it works.

Hope this clears up some confusion. Please correct me if I'm wrong/missed anything about the various versions.

Edited by 4boost
WGC "custom" version

Supposedly had custom Colt trades engraved/etched by WGC. This was before WE/AFC announced the Colt traded anodized receivers. (I have not seen this "custom" version posted in the thread...correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks for the clarification. However I believe the WGC custom version has always been the AFC version. In fact WGC was the first place where the AFC version came up, so some people (me included) were thinking they were doing it themselves.

As for the bolt catch and bolt carrier material, someone has proposed a magnet test. Iron alloy/steel is ferromagnetic (so magnets stick) while zinc is diamagnetic (should show little or no interaction with magnets).

Edited by slu

Slu is faster :D

The bolt carrier is made out of steel ( magnet test ). After 500 rounds, mine never jammed but the bolt doesn't always stops, it seems the bolt catch isn't pushed far enough by the part inside the magazine. Still no wear on the bolt catch or the bolt carrier or other vital components.

But the bolt carrier scratches the ouside of my cylinder, so no operating problems but I wanted to know if this happened to the other owners of this gun ?

I doubt it scratched it when firing because it cycles very well, maybe when removing the bolt assembly.

Edited by yanng

I've just bought Skippie's WE M4 and i'm planning to turn it into a Mk18. I have ordered a few parts already after reading a few forums however can someone answer the following questions:

Which Crane stock fits the buffer tube? Will any AEG made crane stocks fit?

Where can I get RS pistol grip in the UK? preferable without the index finger ridge.

The bolt carrier is made out of steel ( magnet test ). After 500 rounds, mine never jammed but the bolt doesn't always stops, it seems the bolt catch isn't pushed far enough by the part inside the magazine. Still no wear on the bolt catch or the bolt carrier or other vital components.

But the bolt carrier scratches the ouside of my cylinder, so no operating problems but I wanted to know if this happened to the other owners of this gun ?

I doubt it scratched it when firing because it cycles very well, maybe when removing the bolt assembly.

It is scratching on mine very, very slightly. I'll have to see where it is catching but it isn't even creating metal filings so it really isn't a big concern.

The only reason evike is selling the we-tech on 1/20 is because that is when they are going to get their shipment in, not because it is some special latest version that no other retailer is stocking at the moment. As far as I can tell, there are the following versions:

Blank lower receiver-Black painted

• Pot metal bolt catch
  • Weak charging handle and latch

WGC "custom" version

Blank lower receiver-Anodized

• Upgraded bolt catch

Colt trademarked lower receiver-Anodized

• Upgraded bolt catch
Madbull/Socom Noveseke Version

• Yet to be released

It seems as though all versions had either 500+ fps or the lower 350ish fps. This was probably due to a custom valve that was made by the retailer.

There also seems to be speculation about the material of the bolt carrier being made out of zinc or some other metal other than steel in the earlier version (painted receiver). I don't believe this has been confirmed.

I bought my WE M4 from AB on 12/8. I opted for the blank receiver since I didn't want to deal with customs if they decided to open the box. Other people seem to have gotten their Colt traded version without any problems, I just didn't want to take a chance. The version I received is shooting 500+ fps (.25g's), has the blank receiver, and is anodized. I have now shot over 1000 rounds through it and there doesn't seem to be any wear on the bolt catch which I now assume is the steel version. The bolt carrier also does not have any wear on it. If this was made of zinc I would think that the steel bolt catch would put some wear on it.... There also doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the charging handle or latch. This may be because WE has upgraded it, I can't confirm this though. I have however bought a Rock River Arms forged charging handle assembly which I will swap in after it lands on my door step.

All I can say at this point (based on the version I have) is that this rifle is the bee's knees. I've taken mine apart to see what components may fail in the future and I can honestly say that aside from replacing an o-ring or two, I don't think there is going to be much of a problem with the internals. WE/AFC has honestly impressed me with the design. They actually put some time to think about what they were making and did it correctly.

Just to give you an idea on of how robust the bucking nub and loading nozzle are... I was using Evike craptastic "Matrix" bb's and had one shatter in the breach. Decided to see if it would shoot through it and it did without any problems. Opened up the rifle afterward to see if there was any damage and saw that there was not even a scratch to any of the brass internals or the bucking nub. Btw, the hop bucking design is genius. It's so simple, it's stupid....and it works.

Hope this clears up some confusion. Please correct me if I'm wrong/missed anything about the various versions.

oh ok thank you very much, this cleared some things up for me..now since i dont have to wait till 1/20 i may buy it today :D

Okay, I just spent 2 days reading through all 81 pages, and I'm wondering if those of you that have the WE can help me out, since unfortunately I didnt see an answer that was informative enough.

I'm wanting to build an SPR Mk12 mod 0 using this gun as a base. I gather that the handguard will fit fine, but of course the sticking point is the outer barrel, which is not the same as an AEG barrel. And, I have no idea whether or not it is possible to get an AEG outer barrel to fit, assuming I do some work with a saw/dremel or something, or maybe file off the little nub things on the AEG barrel.

As near as I can tell, nobody has yet tried to see what options there are for swapping the barrel. EdGI is going to be making tightbores for the WE M4.

So, I'd like to get some side by side comparisons of the WE barrel next to an AEG barrel and a closer look at the receiver, other than the few pics I saw around page 44 or so. Thanks in advance for the help.

Airsoft Buddy, I sent you an email a few days ago. Respond when you have some time. Thanks,

TCF

Slu is right, there are 2 version

*WE-tech original Version

-color is painted on

-No trades engraved

*AFC custom Version (This is probably the so-called "WGC custom")

-color anodized on

-Trades engraved and non-engraved version both available

About the bolt catch: Both gun come with the weak bolt catch in the first shipment, steel bolt will be installed on those of 2nd shipment.

About the fps: The WE rep told me yesterday that they can made about bolt carriers in about 8 different powers to match different countries' legal limits. So, the WE you buy it from different country may have different fps.

I've just bought Skippie's WE M4 and i'm planning to turn it into a Mk18. I have ordered a few parts already after reading a few forums however can someone answer the following questions:

Which Crane stock fits the buffer tube? Will any AEG made crane stocks fit?

Where can I get RS pistol grip in the UK? preferable without the index finger ridge.

someone reported that G&P Crane stock & RAS both fit on WE without any mod needed.

... The WE rep told me yesterday that they can made about bolt carriers in about 8 different powers to match different countries' legal limits. So, the WE you buy it from different country may have different fps...

That's great to hear.

What is the WE rep's contact info, if you can divulge that? If not, any word on what aftermarket parts are in the pipe? Nary a squeak from the usual suspects (G&P, etc), or even ones who have publicly tested the WE (RA-Tech).

someone reported that G&P Crane stock & RAS both fit on WE without any mod needed.

The G&P RAS does fit as this is what I have on my WE M4. The Crane stock should fit but be loose. The WE uses a milspec (1.14") buffer tube, where as most AEG's use the larger commercial (1.17") buffer tube. The only airsoft Crane stock that will fit out of the box would be the stock one used on the PTW which also uses a milspec buffer tube. Other than that you will have to use RS stocks or live with the wobble.

Edited by hazmatt
The G&P RAS does fit as this is what I have on my WE M4. The Crane stock should fit but be loose. The WE uses a milspec (1.14") buffer tube, where as most AEG's use the larger commercial (1.17") buffer tube. The only airsoft Crane stock that will fit out of the box would be the stock one used on the PTW which also uses a milspec buffer tube. Other than that you will have to use RS stocks or live with the wobble.

Tape is a commonly used "fix".

That's great to hear.

What is the WE rep's contact info, if you can divulge that? If not, any word on what aftermarket parts are in the pipe? Nary a squeak from the usual suspects (G&P, etc), or even ones who have publicly tested the WE (RA-Tech).

There should be a bearing wheel produce by a company(sorry,I forgot which one) available soon. It replaces the metal wheel on top of bolt carrier. I should be able to obtain it in this week. I will try to gather more info on what's they are planning to make.