WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

..left my rifle and mag outside for one hour now @ ~ 0°C ..

I tried to shoot, semi, with top gas... it cycles, but no BB left the barrel.. then I tried yellow gas,.. again, no BB.. if I use the charging handle, one BB is coming with the first shot (with both, top and yellow)

Because it seems to cycle normally, I was wondering why there was no BB coming out.. it seems, that the bolt does not fully cycle. He goes back up to the point, when he should pull the piston back to let a BB come up.

When manually charing with the c-handle, there is a feelable point when the piston is coming back.. it needs more effort to get the piston out of his locking position..

I used some silicon spray.. I hope it will work/it should work when the bolt carrier ( gas ) is able to break this point and get the piston fully back.. ~1cm.

Edited by Carsten

Thanks everyone for their input on the matter. Im really not sure if I purchased the grey one or not, but Im hoping the barrel Nut on this one works. Other brands have worked thanks to the use of the WE stock nut, but heres to hoping the EbayBanned one (which appears to be black but who knows) works. I checked on a few other sites and people are saying that the bolt on but dosnt work, and I cant seem to find a replacement RS DD one.

Hey Kai

As far as I know there are 2 replica DD MK18 RIS II, one is in greyish colour and the other one is in Black colour. The thread of barrel ring of the grey one is not RS measurement so it can't fit on the WE upper receiver.

Edited by Kai_Wolf
Thanks everyone for their input on the matter. Im really not sure if I purchased the grey one or not, but Im hoping the barrel Nut on this one works. Other brands have worked thanks to the use of the WE stock nut, but heres to hoping the EbayBanned one (which appears to be black but who knows) works. I checked on a few other sites and people are saying that the bolt on but dosnt work, and I cant seem to find a replacement RS DD one.

Might want to try giving Daniel Defense a call. http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/contact

I've got an ACM DD 7" lite rail coming to me that should be here today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it mounts up.

Please do! I look foward to it! Also, could you link me to the place you bought it at? If it works out and mine dosnt, I willd ef consider that one. Otherwise, I will call DD and see how much they could send me a Barrel nut.

Might want to try giving Daniel Defense a call. http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/contact

I've got an ACM DD 7" lite rail coming to me that should be here today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it mounts up.

Please do! I look foward to it! Also, could you link me to the place you bought it at? If it works out and mine dosnt, I willd ef consider that one. Otherwise, I will call DD and see how much they could send me a Barrel nut.

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/showcatalog.asp...p;sKeyword=lite

Should be right at the top of the page.

Edited by 4boost
DSCN0096_029.jpg

You would have to cut off the back portion and take off the top nub. Then drill out the center to accept the inner barrel housing on the WE. This would only work if the nubs come all the way to the end of the round base. If they don't, the nubs won't be long enough to reach the key in the upper receiver and therefore won't be able lock the inner barrel assembly from rotating once locked down with the barrel nut.

Sweet, it looks like the same rail I purchased! Please do let me know the results.

Some one manage to fit it on WE, he said that you may need to use some "brute force" to do it.

post-11810-1230690538_thumb.jpg

post-11810-1230690560_thumb.jpg

Edited by -l-

Hello all!

I've got a quick question that I hope hasn't already been answered a dozen times... Has anyone in the US had any trouble getting the AFC version (with the Colt trades) through US customs, and where did you purchase it? My apologies if this has already been brought up, I read through 60 pages or so and I don't recall seeing this question.

Thanks!

Hey guys! I did a test fire on my gun, and I have two questions.

Firstly, I dont know if it had been addressed before, but Im using .2 bbs with the AFC version and even hopped down, it still archs up. Has anyone used heavier bb's with any luck?

Secondly, which is more of a problem. My gun dosnt like to shoot full auto. It is about 50 degrees F outside and it fires semi fine, even though it seemed a bit weak. I considered that to be from the cold. I then went on to fire it on auto, and the gun vents most of the propane out of the ejection port. When it does cycle the bolt, it is very short and fast, as if there werent enough gas behind the bolt. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this the firing pin problem people were talking about? Please let me know.

Hey guys! I did a test fire on my gun, and I have two questions.

Hello,

i use 0.30g bb to avoid shooting to the sky, even 0.25g bb were too light.

50° farenheit (about 10° celcius) is, according to me, not enough cold to make the gun not work properly, mine works fine with the first magazine at about 0° celcius (32° farenheit), after that the magazine is too cold to make the bolt cycles well. I don't think that it's the firing pin issue too because firing pin issue make the gun to vent but doesn't make the bolt to have a short cycle.

It looks like a gaz problem, not enough pressure in the mag, the kind of thing that appears at low temp but not at 10° celcius (50° F).

Do you use green gaz and is it a new bottle ?

Hey coco, Im using propane from a bottle, but not a new can. It seems to have about half or so, so it should have been enough. The first time I fired it, it shot fine on auto, with no bb's, but after that, it wouldnt work. Also, Coco, the gun did vent just the last time I tried it. The bolt would open up just slightly and almost all the gas came out.

Hey coco, Im using propane from a bottle, but not a new can. It seems to have about half or so, so it should have been enough. The first time I fired it, it shot fine on auto, with no bb's, but after that, it wouldnt work. Also, Coco, the gun did vent just the last time I tried it. The bolt would open up just slightly and almost all the gas came out.

Just after getting my M4, i was looking a way to have gaz cheaper, so i grab info about propane bottles with a adapter, but it appears from several posts on different french forums that the propane is a lighter gaz than the green gaz. It seems to be a good gaz for a plastic GBB, but the WE M4 is made to work with green gaz.

No luck on the ACM DD lite rail. The barrel nut seems to have the right threads but it is just slightly too tight. I'm also going to have to machine the inside of the rail as it isn't large enough to fit over the barrel where it flares out by the barrel nut. On the bright side, I ordered a replacement nut direct from DD which was less than $40 shipped. Got my Magpul MIAD grip on as well (still have to put the set screw in for the front strap trigger guard). The backstrap needed a little fitting but it was a pretty simple install. Also threw on my Bushnell red dot and replaced the front sight tower with a King Arms Vltor clone. Once I get the barrel nut from DD I'll post up more pics.

snc11836iy5.jpg

Edited by 4boost

i'm digging it, new rail will really make it look nice. You said the barrel nut was to tight, then why not just dremel the threads of the barrel but or reciever very slightly, thats what i had to do on one of my aegs to get one of the rails on. And have u ran into any problems with the gun so far?

i'm digging it, new rail will really make it look nice. You said the barrel nut was to tight, then why not just dremel the threads of the barrel but or reciever very slightly, thats what i had to do on one of my aegs to get one of the rails on. And have u ran into any problems with the gun so far?

No problems so far. Mine doesn't even have the hole in the magwell. I guess I could have dremeled it out but the barrel nut seemed like it was made out of ###### metal anyway so I decided to go the DD route instead. At least I know it will be made out of steel.