WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Well, auto has started to work when Im inside more now, however, it does not sound as constant as I hear in other videos, it studders sometimes and Im wondering if it was just the temperature the whole time. Im not sure. It fires the bb's (didnt load up a whole mag) on auto, just dosnt sound very fast in ROF and such. Im wondering if it was indeed the temp, or if something got worn in.

*Found a fix for the issue* The small loading rod on the inside of the bolt needed to be lubed as it was not moving smoothly. Once I did this, the auto seemed to work fine.

Edited by Kai_Wolf
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

No luck on the ACM DD lite rail. The barrel nut seems to have the right threads but it is just slightly too tight. I'm also going to have to machine the inside of the rail as it isn't large enough to fit over the barrel where it flares out by the barrel nut. On the bright side, I ordered a replacement nut direct from DD which was less than $40 shipped. Got my Magpul MIAD grip on as well (still have to put the set screw in for the front strap trigger guard). The backstrap needed a little fitting but it was a pretty simple install. Also threw on my Bushnell red dot and replaced the front sight tower with a King Arms Vltor clone. Once I get the barrel nut from DD I'll post up more pics.

snc11836iy5.jpg

If you have better luck with the rail after the parts come in, or if you find a way to put it on (someone sent me a message saying that they knew someone who used force to make the DD lite fit), please let us know how you were able to install it. I am very interested in knowing just in case EB didnt get my message to switch the items and send me the Lite instead of the Omega.

Hi!

Has anyone tried that how much power do you get from the AFC version if you remove the rubber from the nozzle ?

It's not a rubber, it's a whole new valve assembly, HOWEVER, you can now buy the 'power upgrade' which replaces the entire valve setup. It's only $16, and according to AirsoftBuddy, gives ~480fps on green gas.

Kai - correct

Here's a picture of the 'power upgrade' as posted by Airsoft buddy on page 82 :)

RIMG0194.JPG

It's only $16, and according to AirsoftBuddy, gives ~480fps on green gas.

I assume that this the valve is the one installed in our first version guns?

.. so its only for those AFC low power guns, right.. just to have an overview and if I should ever need a replacement.

edit:

nice price, duh! :D

Edited by Carsten
It's not a rubber, it's a whole new valve assembly, HOWEVER, you can now buy the 'power upgrade' which replaces the entire valve setup. It's only $16, and according to AirsoftBuddy, gives ~480fps on green gas.

Kai - correct

Here's a picture of the 'power upgrade' as posted by Airsoft buddy on page 82 :)

Thx!

Now i can finally start planning and buy the gun because the 350fps is too low for my use. Byt this power upgrade to 480fps starts to sound enough :)

It's only $16, and according to AirsoftBuddy, gives ~480fps on green gas.

I assume that this the valve is the one installed in our first version guns?

.. so its only for those AFC low power guns, right.. just to have an overview and if I should ever need a replacement.

edit:

nice price, duh! :D

Indeed, that is simply the valve that came in the 'version 1's, so no point if you have one of them. This is just to bring the power level up in 'version 2' guns.

Thx!

Now i can finally start planning and buy the gun because the 350fps is too low for my use. Byt this power upgrade to 480fps starts to sound enough :)

Exactly what I was thinking, that's why I waited for the power upgrade, so I can order it all at once. Hopefully it's not too much of an *albartroth* to change, that way I can use it for both CQB and woodland with a simple 5 minute swap over time. :)

Indeed, that is simply the valve that came in the 'version 1's, so no point if you have one of them. This is just to bring the power level up in 'version 2' guns.

Exactly what I was thinking, that's why I waited for the power upgrade, so I can order it all at once. Hopefully it's not too much of an *albartroth* to change, that way I can use it for both CQB and woodland with a simple 5 minute swap over time. :)

If you have a flat head screwdriver...you can change it in 30 seconds...

4boost:

What KA sight post did you use, and was it easy to install?

Thanks,

Wurger.

http://kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1270

Easy to install. Just remove the stock sight tower, put on the Vltor replica, and tighten down the allen screws. If I were to do it again, I would probably buy the G&P railed gas block. This is just a personal preference as I like a railed GB without the integrated sight. I would have bought the G&P railed GB but only found they made one after I bought the KA.... Eh, oh well. I'll probably pick one up anyhow.

William from AB actually emailed me earlier and said you will need to modify the DD rail they sell to work. He said you need to cut down the barrel nut and modify a bit to the barrel. He is sending me pics soon and I will post them here. Also, he said if you buy a gun from them, they can install it for you for the fee of 30 dollars. (plus the RIS II)

You guys probably already noticed (I just found it) but Airsoft Buddy has the ACM DD rail on his site and he states it fit the WA and WE.

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct...products_id=175

Just to confirm, this will fit on the WE with no modification, right? I know I've read that RS charging handles grab onto a different part of the bolt, but still work, but with my luck I don't think I would have any problem ordering something that is completely useless to me. :P

Edit: Has anyone ever ordered from that site before? How is it?

Edited by Chris North
No luck on the ACM DD lite rail. The barrel nut seems to have the right threads but it is just slightly too tight. I'm also going to have to machine the inside of the rail as it isn't large enough to fit over the barrel where it flares out by the barrel nut. On the bright side, I ordered a replacement nut direct from DD which was less than $40 shipped. Got my Magpul MIAD grip on as well (still have to put the set screw in for the front strap trigger guard). The backstrap needed a little fitting but it was a pretty simple install. Also threw on my Bushnell red dot and replaced the front sight tower with a King Arms Vltor clone. Once I get the barrel nut from DD I'll post up more pics.

So a RS DD barrel will eliminate any need for modifications? Is that correct?

Thanks.

Edited by chris u'5