WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

oo be careful...petroleum I heard eats away rubber seals

use silicone grease instead..

I usually put Vaseline in the tip of filling valve and then press just a tad gas in the mag.. Then put more Vaseline and repeat a few times. Then you would get Vaseline inside the mag and help seal it.

Worked on a few pistol mags I got.

The leak comes from either of the three areas; the fill valve, the release valve, and the plate that forms the rear part of the gas reservoir, usually near the either ends of the magazine.

The old "black" magazines seem to leak everywhere, but particularly the fill valve. The new "grey" magazines, leak at the plate, and at the release valve. Its the release valve-release O-ring that is the main issue, as it is too soft for the propane. For the plate, you just spray silicone in the gaps, and tighten the 4 screws a little more. It seems to sort itself out.

I put Vaseline in the tip of filling valve

*Facepalm*

I've heard that's pretty much the worst thing you can do to a GBB short of, say, lighting it on fire or hitting it with a sharp, heavy object.

I used to clean my paintball guns with petrol-based oils in the old days, and the O-rings in the gas-related areas just fell away. Same with a KSC M9 I had.

Edited by Involved6
*Facepalm*

I've heard that's pretty much the worst thing you can do to a GBB short of, say, lighting it on fire or hitting it with a sharp, heavy object.

I used to clean my paintball guns with petrol-oils in the old days, and the O-rings in the gas-related areas just fell away. Same with a KSC M9 I had.

Maybe it depends on what type of vaseline?.. not had any issues yet.

It took mine a while... perhaps the better part of a year? As suggested earlier, I recommend using silicone or synthetic oil if you can.

I'm not so sure that Vaseline has anything other than a petroleum-based jelly. Its best to stick with Silicone

Edited by Involved6
About how long does it take Airsoft Buddy to reply to emails? I know I'm an impatient bugger and he's a busy guy, but I've been waiting 3 days now. I need to buy some parts!

I've been waiting a better part of a week or so for him to return my emails. I need a quote on another gun and some parts. :D:angry:

Hi Guys,

Im hoping that you can help me with an issue I am having.

I just received my WE M4 2 days ago.

Everything is working great except the hop. It is WAY too overhopped.

Pardon my ignorance, but the black knurled wheel inside the ejection port is the adjustment wheel, no?

I have it all the way back (turning counter clockwise) and the BB's are still heading for the sky past 50 feet. All the way clockwise is even worse.

I am even using KSC .30 bb's and I cant get the bb's to fly straight and level.

I am using propane (and adapter) with a few drops of Trinity silicone shock oil in there. I realize a hop rubber with silicone on it will muck up the accuracy. But this is far worse.

The bb's fly left and up then right and up on the next shot. NO shot to shot accuracy and WAY overhopped.

Any advice or insight?

So no one really answered my question, but does anyone know if this Guarder front piece will fit the WE? Guarder makes everything CCW.

16_20030704421.jpg

I read several pages back that the WE threading is CW but it's all really in perspective on how you look at it so I just want confirmation.

Also, is the hole in the magwell due to wear or does the WEM4 come like that?

Thanks!

So no one really answered my question, but does anyone know if this Guarder front piece will fit the WE? Guarder makes everything CCW.

16_20030704421.jpg

I read several pages back that the WE threading is CW but it's all really in perspective on how you look at it so I just want confirmation.

Also, is the hole in the magwell due to wear or does the WEM4 come like that?

Thanks!

Some come like that, some don't. Mine doesn't have the hole. Why do you need the barrel extension? You do know it comes with one, right?

Not sure if this is in the News section yet, and it is in the same category of the WE M4, but have you guys seen this yet?

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct...products_id=183

again, apologies if it isn't "new" news

Edit: did a quick check of the news section and didn't find it in there, so went ahead and added it in.

Edited by pforcerecon

It has been noted at about the 40something page of this thread. 0.28g BBs are recommended, else a tricky procedure with a BB and a dremel tool is required to make the rifle work with 0.2g or 0.25gs

Daniel

Hi Guys,

Im hoping that you can help me with an issue I am having.

I just received my WE M4 2 days ago.

Everything is working great except the hop. It is WAY too overhopped.

Pardon my ignorance, but the black knurled wheel inside the ejection port is the adjustment wheel, no?

I have it all the way back (turning counter clockwise) and the BB's are still heading for the sky past 50 feet. All the way clockwise is even worse.

I am even using KSC .30 bb's and I cant get the bb's to fly straight and level.

I am using propane (and adapter) with a few drops of Trinity silicone shock oil in there. I realize a hop rubber with silicone on it will muck up the accuracy. But this is far worse.

The bb's fly left and up then right and up on the next shot. NO shot to shot accuracy and WAY overhopped.

Any advice or insight?

^ I see now....I also saw the "green silicone" pad they are calling a hopup bucking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just read 30 pages starting from page 40.

Whew.

I see that this gun is plagued by "overhop" out of the box.

The only fix I read about was thinning the rubber hop up sleeve - and consequently having bb's roll out of the barrel.

Damn. This is sounding like my Shoei MP44 all over again.

Im not happy.

I am using .30 (!!) KSC bb's and the bb's are going straight up after 40 feet.

This sucks. Anybody else have a better solution for the hopup issue?

If I could use .25 bb's I would be happy. Im guessing .20 is out.

My solution to the overhop:

2549655e744ed22.jpg

I did not trim the hop rubber where it contacts the BB because that would affect the way the BB touches the hop and would make it hop irregularly.

Perhaps there should be a separate thread on how-tos to mod the WE M4?

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
.25's shot fine with mine at 450ish.

Yes, which brings up something else.

My gun is a latest version shooting at 350.

With a higher velocity (like 450fps) it would overcome the hopup's affect - shooting flatter.

Im thinking that WE had high velocities in mind when they designed the hopup.

There is a relationship here between hop and velocity - and flat trajectory. I learned this with my MP44.....and was never able to balance it perfectly.

Yes, which brings up something else.

My gun is a latest version shooting at 350.

With a higher velocity (like 450fps) it would overcome the hopup's affect - shooting flatter.

Im thinking that WE had high velocities in mind when they designed the hopup.

There is a relationship here between hop and velocity - and flat trajectory. I learned this with my MP44.....and was never able to balance it perfectly.

I have the higher velocity version and with .25s I get a slight arc. With .43s I'm perfect.