WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I have the higher velocity version and with .25s I get a slight arc. With .43s I'm perfect.

LOL!

.43????

Thats not a solution at all! Yikes.

Hey 3vi1-D4n,.....a big 'thank you' bud.

Im going to take it apart tonight and see what can be done. Your diagram gives me something to digest.

Clearly, there is an immediate aftermarket part waiting to be made/sold/offered. An improved hopup bucking!

Black rubber would be better than "overly tacticle silicone". That would be a good start.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Hi Guys

New problem.........

HOW THE #%!&! DO YOU GET THE BARREL EXTENSION OFF??

I want to convert it to the shorter CQB length. I cant get this barrel unthreaded.

I have heated it with a heat gun - soaked it with liquid wrench - tapped it with a mallet - gripped it with channel-locks with a piece of leather.

It wont budge!!

Help!

ITs got an O-ring holding the barrel nut in place, you will need an armourers wrench.

I think we are talking about two different things.

I mean the front end of the barrel, just ahead of the front iron sight.

That front barrel extension unthreads correct? So I can use the shorter inner barrel provided in the box.

I want a SHORT CQB rifle, not the M4 length.

And I am assuming it is normal threading, since the muzzle break (tip) is normal threading.

I am turning "leftie, loosie", or as if I was opening the cap on a bottle of Pepsi (for instance).

It just wont budge - with immense force.

I think we are talking about two different things.

I mean the front end of the barrel, just ahead of the front iron sight.

That front barrel extension unthreads correct? So I can use the shorter inner barrel provided in the box.

I want a SHORT CQB rifle, not the M4 length.

And I am assuming it is normal threading, since the muzzle break (tip) is normal threading.

I am turning "leftie, loosie", or as if I was opening the cap on a bottle of Pepsi (for instance).

It just wont budge - with immense force.

Mine was tight too. You should try sticking it in a vice long ways (wrapping something around the barrel to protect it) and then try twisting it off. You are turning the correct way.

Update on the ACM DD Lite rail 7.0....

Got the barrel nut from DD; threads perfect! One problem though....it's deeper than the ACM barrel nut. So when you go to install it, there is a gap between the upper receiver top rail and the DD top rail. I'm going to have to shave about an 1/8 off the barrel nut tonight to get it to fit properly. Oh, one other thing...The barrel is too wide for the rail to slide over where it flares out to lock the inner barrel assembly to the upper reciever. I had to either machine the inside of the rail or turn down the very back of the barrel. I chose the barrel since it was much easier to just stick it in the lathe and turn it down. It wasn't much...maybe a few thou...

I will update again when I mod the DD nut.

In other news...I received my Rock River Arms forged charging handle assembly today. I had to file a little off the side nubs to allow it to cycle well since it was a little tight. Definitely worth upgrading to. It no longer feels like you are going to break the gun when you go to charge it and the whole charging cycle feels better since it seems the RS charging handle is a better fit. There is no play like on the WE.

4boost,

Thanks for the reply.

Would you recommend leaving the barrel attached to the receiver when I put it in a vice the long way?

Using the receiver as leverage?

If I put just the barrel in the vice, Im not sure how to grip the barrel with enough force to twist it off.

I just dont want to break the receiver twisting off the barrel. This sucker is ON there.

(PS, I am using a soft leather belt as cushion and grip between the channel locks and barrel)

@4boost,

So ordering a RRA charging handle would be the upgrade to go for those WE M4 users who might be concerned bout charging handle breakage?

They're all going to be about the same. If you order from RRA...be prepared to wait for 1-2 weeks for your order. I ordered on 12/22, they shipped 1/5, and I just got it this morning. Was about $30 shipped. The latch has a stiffer spring in it, which I like, and since it isn't made out of pot metal it doesn't leave the metal shaving trail line like the WE does.

Edit:

Rottenotto...

Leaving the receiver on shouldn't hurt anything. Did it with mine because like you said, there is no good way to get leverage on it otherwise.

Edited by 4boost

One thing to note about the RRA charging handle...since it is hardcoat anodized, it doesn't match the WE's dark grey color. It is definitely more black. It isn't that noticeable but I know how some people are with that kind of stuff. I guess if you really wanted to you could glass bead it and Gunkote it, or use Krylon.

One thing to note about the RRA charging handle...since it is hardcoat anodized, it doesn't match the WE's dark grey color. It is definitely more black. It isn't that noticeable but I know how some people are with that kind of stuff. I guess if you really wanted to you could glass bead it and Gunkote it, or use Krylon.

A little help here from personal experice with real steel M4's.

GGG of AZ has a lighter gray ano coating that is nearly a dead match for the WE finish.

If you can get a charging handle from them (or a GGG retailer) it will match better.

Yankee Hill is also a lighter gray ano finish - their finish is NOT as durable as the GGG. It scratches easily (not as good quality but the color is right on).

you had to order yours? i saw you were in the USA ....why not go to a local store to pick one up? thats what i did, mine broke, and that same day i had the Rock River Arms charging handle installed.

also, the RRA matches the gen 1 bodies perfectly.

you had to order yours? i saw you were in the USA ....why not go to a local store to pick one up? thats what i did, mine broke, and that same day i had the Rock River Arms charging handle installed.

also, the RRA matches the gen 1 bodies perfectly.

Ya know...I didn't even think of it with all the insanity of the holidays. Eh, oh well. Live and learn.

Is there any chance that a WA charging handle will fit the WE M4?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...r%20Accessories

I would be glad to go for the real steel version, but unfortunately this is against the law in my country :(

Holy cow...$41 for a WA replacement part. What a rip-off. Get the WE replacement from airsoftbuddy.

Parts:

23-Charging handle

24-Latch spring

25-Latch pin

26-Latch

Something interesting from Guarder (intruder shop):

http://www.intrudershop.com/categories_eng...;idproduct=1309

Edited by 4boost