WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Stupid question: Which direction do I turn the hop up adjustment to turn it down? Clockwise or counterclockwise if looking at it from the firer's view? I know I could just test it, but I could also just ask. :P

Also, I often have a problem with the bolt and charging handle locking in place after I put the two halves of the receiver back together. I dunno why it does it, or what I do to fix it (usually pulling on the charging handle after taking it apart again). Any insights?

Got the ACM DD rail installed. Had to shave about an 1/8" off the barrel nut. The stock is a King Arms Mod stock I had. Fits better than the WE as it is more snug and doesn't bounce around.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3702/snc11838vo7.jpg

What happened to your trademarks? Looks like the newer anodized bodies but I thought those had the markings.

Stupid question: Which direction do I turn the hop up adjustment to turn it down? Clockwise or counterclockwise if looking at it from the firer's view? I know I could just test it, but I could also just ask. :P

If you are in teh firing position, turn the black knob/wheel all the way counter clockwise for less hop.

The black wheel will be all the way back, jammed against the brass colored breech.

The trades are there and in the correct place. You just can't see them from that angle.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/de...p;product_id=60

I think he was meaning the trades on your receiver. Nice looking rifle by the way and thanks for keeping us up to date with all your info :)

I think he was meaning the trades on your receiver. Nice looking rifle by the way and thanks for keeping us up to date with all your info :)

No problem, thanks for the compliment. Yeah I opted for the one without trades since I ordered mine when no one could really confirm that they had one in the states. I didn't want to deal with customs since they aren't licensed trades. I can always buy another receiver down the road...especially since the Colt receiver is going for $35. The only thing I'm ticked about is that mine doesn't have the safe, semi, full rollmarks. Eh, I'm not a stickler...as long as the gun works.....that's all I care about.

I did some tinkering today.....I just want to use my WE as a CQB weapon.

Almost all the parts are real steel - fit right on, no moding.

PRI Carbon fiber front end.

VLTOR milspec stock.

GG&G scout rail and 'back up iron sight'.

Knights Armament front sight (folding).

Magpul grip.

AVG Israel vertical grip (Samco imported)

Yankee Hill "Specter" front gas block.

Military Aimpoint mount (real not airsoft)

Walther xenon torch with Knights Arm. mount

wecqb.jpg

wecqb2.jpg

wefrontend.jpg

And as I mentioned before, the GG&G ano finish is nearly a dead match for the WE finish. Even in unforgiving outdoor lighting, it natches great.

color.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Is there a difference between the enhanced trigger guard I can buy from magpul itself and those made for AEG types?

Buy Real Steel accessories. The airsoft parts, Im learning, are not even close. The WE is built on RS specs. I would suspect the RS trigger guard would mount right on, no modding.

Buy Real Steel accessories. The airsoft parts, Im learning, are not even close. The WE is built on RS specs. I would suspect the RS trigger guard would mount right on, no modding.

yes a real steel trigger guard is required....i tested an airsoft version of the magpul trigger guard i had, and it wouldnt fit in the hole, so RS is required.

No problem, thanks for the compliment. Yeah I opted for the one without trades since I ordered mine when no one could really confirm that they had one in the states. I didn't want to deal with customs since they aren't licensed trades. I can always buy another receiver down the road...especially since the Colt receiver is going for $35. The only thing I'm ticked about is that mine doesn't have the safe, semi, full rollmarks. Eh, I'm not a stickler...as long as the gun works.....that's all I care about.

That's convenient, then you can just get custom trademarks on a nicely finished body. May I ask where you ordered yours?

I did some tinkering today.....I just want to use my WE as a CQB weapon.

Almost all the parts are real steel - fit right on, no moding.

PRI Carbon fiber front end.

VLTOR milspec stock.

GG&G scout rail and 'back up iron sight'.

Knights Armament front sight (folding).

Magpul grip.

AVG Israel vertical grip (Samco imported)

Yankee Hill "Specter" front gas block.

Military Aimpoint mount (real not airsoft)

Walther xenon torch with Knights Arm. mount

Let me know what you think.

Wow that looks really good. I'm pretty sure that is is a laser gun, not an M4.

If you are in teh firing position, turn the black knob/wheel all the way counter clockwise for less hop.

The black wheel will be all the way back, jammed against the brass colored breech.

Excellent, thanks!

I tried hooking one of those KWC CO2 rigs (the ones that run off of the 12g bulbs) to a mag to see how it performed. With the regulator turned up slightly higher than what I think propane pressure is, the WE cycled slightly faster and cooldown was less evident. Unfortunately, after only 25 or so rounds of fairly rapid bursting I noticed a significant drop in performance. I wasn't counting exactly how many shots I fired but I'm sure I got less than 60 rounds total before I ran out of gas, and by then the bulb was very frosty. All of this was in an about 65F environment. Thought I'd share because I wouldn't expect the expected in-the-mag CO2 mags to work any better.

Hello hello, So today i bought the WE M4. Why? because at the moment it is the best Gas Blow Back Rifle out there. From Looks, Feel, and performance. With Green gas it can clock up to 510 FPS. Anyway i have it and one magazine and i love it. I tried in the Shop the M4 from WA and it was also good but it hink you got to do alot of work on it till it comes to the standars of WE. I finished my Military service in England 3 years ago and moved to Switzerland and I am new to Airsoft thanks to some of my mates here, so sorry i can not answear many things. I went into the shop to buy it because my mates that play airsoft all had these electric ones so i wanted to be different the WE does have a kick that can be compared to an SMG only just lol.

Anyway get it have fun with it plus it was a good price plus it must have made a good impression because the airsoft team i am with all want to get one now and they know more about all this than i do.

Take it easy

I wanted to ask this question earlier, but I forgot to. Is it a fact that having a gun with higher fps will be more likely to overcome the hop up effect? I mean that being a comparison of two different speeds on the same hop up setting: lower and higher. I am going to purchase the higher fps "power tune up" nozzle that AB has for sale and wanted to know if that would aid in illiminating excessive hop by increase of speed alone. I of course have the 350 version.

Excellent, thanks!

I tried hooking one of those KWC CO2 rigs (the ones that run off of the 12g bulbs) to a mag to see how it performed. With the regulator turned up slightly higher than what I think propane pressure is, the WE cycled slightly faster and cooldown was less evident. Unfortunately, after only 25 or so rounds of fairly rapid bursting I noticed a significant drop in performance. I wasn't counting exactly how many shots I fired but I'm sure I got less than 60 rounds total before I ran out of gas, and by then the bulb was very frosty. All of this was in an about 65F environment. Thought I'd share because I wouldn't expect the expected in-the-mag CO2 mags to work any better.

Wow thats not good news. So in retrospect you let in regulated co2 into the mag which acted as an expansion chamber and the performance wasn't as good as propane? Something doesn't add up?

How was the connection from adapter to magazine?

Wow thats not good news. So in retrospect you let in regulated co2 into the mag which acted as an expansion chamber and the performance wasn't as good as propane? Something doesn't add up?

How was the connection from adapter to magazine?

Yes and no. The setup is basically how you describe, but the performance was overall better than propane. Really the only thing worse was gas mileage, but everything else was noticeably better. I only tried it once though because I'm almost out of CO2 capsules.

Click here for a quick pic of the setup.

It's probably not ideal but it's worked with a lot of other GBBs. The WE mag looks like it holds more propane than the CO2 capsule, but I would expect liquid CO2 to produce more gas than liquid propane because it requires more pressure to condense it. My understanding of physics and chemistry is really basic, though.

Thanks for info!

I think that gives us some hope that the 12g CO2 capsule mag could really work just fine. Even if one capsule can shoot only a single mag full of bb's, it's propably cheaper than with green gas here in Finland where we can't get propane (easily) to fill our mags. Green gas bottle costs here some €18 (ouch!). Plus the performance in cold weather might increase with co2. I guess they might have to make the mags a bit thicker at the bottom to fit the co2 capsule...? (I haven't personally measured or compared them.) I wouldn't mind, as long as the performance is decent enough.

I'm really eager to hear from WE's CO2 mags.

Edited by Lupus78
Just an idea, but I saw some of the Guarder outer barrels and you can probably dremel or file away the section that I circled and highlighted to be the same as the WE barrel. Just a matter of fitting in the inner barrel.

Any speculations?

33dvxh3.jpg

350t1ev.jpg

Won't work. Those nubs would have to extend all the way out to the end of that circular end. They are needed to lock the inner barrel assembly with the upper reciever.