WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

How do you get the nozzle/float valve assembly apart? Specifically I'm trying to remove the silver rod from the brass nozzle up front to get to the worky bits inside. Some things popped loose or broke and I want to see if there's any chance of repair. I'm guessing it must have been the reason for the inconsistencies I've been having.

It looks like there's a small brass plus that screws into the back, but I tried to unscrew it with a decent amount of force with no luck. I'm afraid any more force will break or deform something.

Edit: Well if it was broken before I'm pretty sure it is now. Anyone have a spare set that they'd be willing to sell me? I'd pay above original price for a replacement. I'd just want it ASAP.

Edited by Chris North
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I was wondering if all gen2 versions, trademarked or not, all have annodized bodies, and have upgraded charging handle, bolt catch.

And also,

Does TokyoModel-Company have the latest version and AFC?

http://tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=4161

it does say "Power : 330-350 FPS" so i'm assuming it is?

Edited by accuracy
I was wondering if all gen2 versions, trademarked or not, all have annodized bodies, and have upgraded charging handle, bolt catch.

And also,

Does TokyoModel-Company have the latest version and AFC?

http://tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=4161

it does say "Power : 330-350 FPS" so i'm assuming it is?

Not sure about TMC, you should email them to ask. If they don't want to answer, then you should probably reconsidering wanting to buy from them :).

Edited by slu

The SOCOMGEAR Noveske Version is now available at RedWolf for $399

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26101

It states that it comes with the KX3 flash hider but shows the typical "birdcage" flash hider in the pictures. The roll marks look really good too(accept for the made in Taiwan bit.)

To really get the Noveske look you'll have to spend a bit more on things like a Vltor Modstock, TROY folding battle sights, Tango Down grip, and if they make one maybe a Vltor MUR style upper. the last ones the only part not currently available.

All in all it looks good to me.

Now if only they would replicate the N6 in an airsoft version. It would look great next to my real one. :P

How do you get the nozzle/float valve assembly apart? Specifically I'm trying to remove the silver rod from the brass nozzle up front to get to the worky bits inside. Some things popped loose or broke and I want to see if there's any chance of repair. I'm guessing it must have been the reason for the inconsistencies I've been having.

It looks like there's a small brass plus that screws into the back, but I tried to unscrew it with a decent amount of force with no luck. I'm afraid any more force will break or deform something.

Edit: Well if it was broken before I'm pretty sure it is now. Anyone have a spare set that they'd be willing to sell me? I'd pay above original price for a replacement. I'd just want it ASAP.

Grip the silver rod with needle nose pliers. Put something between the jaws and the silver rod do not to mark/scar it up.

Simply unscrew the brass valve/nozzle assembly from the rod.

To disassemble the valve itself, look at where the silver rod threads into the brass. There are slots or indents around the hole.

Take the same needle nose pliers, using the tips of the jaws to turn the base - it unthreads right out.

Done.

Got it, thanks!

The two bars that connect the ring and the solid brass part with the o-ring snapped. Might have been able to superglue it back together for a short time, but then I accidentally snapped it further when I was trying to get the valve apart earlier.

I'm probably going to plug the nozzle to see if I can try to dry fire a bit more while I wait for replacement parts to arrive. I think I'm only the second to have this problem, but in time I could see this possibly becoming a bit of an issue. I'm not sure of the stress life of brass, but the two little bars look awfully thin.

chinese new years is coming up there's alot customary rituals so he could also be preoccupied

I don't think that should be an excuse because if someone is running a company, they should be responsible to let customers know what's going on, instead of ditching, if that's what he's doing.

I don't think that should be an excuse because if someone is running a company, they should be responsible to let customers know what's going on, instead of ditching, if that's what he's doing.

In which case you have no idea how important Chinese New Year is to them haha

Pretty much ALL companies in china shut for about 7 days (sometimes longer).

It's comparable to December holidays in the states and the UK, so like the person above me said, it is quite a big deal. Cut him some slack, everyone needs vacation.

William has not been returning my emails and it has been a little over a week. Ive sent a few and no response on a quote. Should I ask someone else to ask him the prices since other people have been in contact lately?

Hi Kai

Sure it isnt your ISP blocking email from the Pacific Rim?

For Instance, Verizon wont let any emails come through from any Hong Kong vendor.

Try zapping him an email through a hotmail account - it is sure to go through with Hotmail.

I have to use Hotmail to order from UNcompany and WGC.

Just a thought. William answers every email I send him.

I might have forgotten but I am not sure I read anything about the upgrade to the charging handle earlier in this thread, simply that William was passing the problem back to WE. Could someone confirm that the charging handle has indeed been upgraded and how? If this is the case could I expect the Gen 2 shipped by William to have been upgraded. If so I can strike that component off my "problem watch list".

I am also based in the UK and could do with some suggestions for getting Krytox or an alternative in sensible quantities. I like the sound of the reduced cool down impact previously mentioned.

I might have forgotten but I am not sure I read anything about the upgrade to the charging handle earlier in this thread, simply that William was passing the problem back to WE. Could someone confirm that the charging handle has indeed been upgraded and how? If this is the case could I expect the Gen 2 shipped by William to have been upgraded. If so I can strike that component off my "problem watch list".

I am also based in the UK and could do with some suggestions for getting Krytox or an alternative in sensible quantities. I like the sound of the reduced cool down impact previously mentioned.

The charging handle is actually no problem whatsoever. At least in my case. I have shot several hundred mags worth and zero problems.

Also,....

As for "Real Steel" charging handles, they are made of aluminum as well.

Certainly a better grade than the WE metal used, but still aluminum.

The only part that is steel is the latch itself.

They DO make steel charging handles for AR15's, but they are a "luxury" even on the Real Steel weapons.

Just something to consider before needlesly "upgrading" to a RS handle ;)

Hello,

Please excuse me if I'm wrong but I think it is a 30 round magazine just like the others and uncompany did make a mistake. I just checked the list of the WE magazines on unco and they aren't selling the 30 rounds ones. No one else has ever spoken about 50 rounds magazines, I think it is just a little error .... :(