WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

The RS charging handle is drop-in into the WE, and functions 100% the same. They also feel exactly the same for the looks, balance... It's ridiculously close. (Save for a catch, read on...)

For kicks I tried to fit the WE handle into the real one but it wouldn't let the bolt carrier all the way forward. Here's the reason: The WE handle has an enlargement at the front, which engages the WE bolt carrier. (The front of the charging handle has a lug to pull the BC back, with a hole through it for the gas key and gas tube.) The real charging handle does not have this enlargement, so it does not engage the WE bolt carrier with the same contact area as the WE charging handle. This contact area can be insufficient, and I could see the WE steel bolt carrier wearing the real charging handle gradually to the point that the front lug of the charging handle slips on top of the bolt carrier and causes a jam.

My advice would be to stick to the WE handle. If the first batch had fragile ones, get the new as a WE spare part.

I've given the WE charging handle a good tugging both in the WE and my real one (although the WE handle didn't quite let the real BC all the way forward), and I'm convinced that it can take a beating. Change the locking latch if you want to, but leave the handle itself stock.

-Sale

P.S. I'm writing a rather detailed article of this GBB carbine for the next issue of Airsoft Soldier magazine, so if you found the above input useful, make sure you get your hands on issue #4 when it comes out. http://www.airsoft-soldier.com

Hello,

Please excuse me if I'm wrong but I think it is a 30 round magazine just like the others and uncompany did make a mistake. I just checked the list of the WE magazines on unco and they aren't selling the 30 rounds ones. No one else has ever spoken about 50 rounds magazines, I think it is just a little error .... :(

I thought the same but ordered one anyway last night. At worst, its another mag for the loadout.

Ill let you know when it comes in.

UNcompany is usually fast with shipments.

Made a review..

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=363

"... (5) No aftermarket parts yet available to convert this into a 16-incher, but I suppose things will change very quickly ..."

I like what the WE rep is hinting at very much.

Did they give you this model specifically for review? If so, it may not be representative of what is being sent out in general.

This is becoming a more competitive segment now the G&P WA clones are out.

Edited by slu
I like what the WE rep is hinting at very much.

Did they give you this model specifically for review? If so, it may not be representative of what is being sent out in general.

Not given. I bought it trough GBBnut at gasguns.info. He know James and got me the WE with some extra parts on it.. Like the bearing on the top and the RIS.

I just wanted the newest one that would hopefully work without trouble.. :D

The internals and the gun itself is just like the WE would be for sale, but this is probably the latest because I had no hole in the magwell.

Not given. I bought it trough GBBnut at gasguns.info. He know James and got me the WE with some extra parts on it.. Like the bearing on the top and the RIS.

I just wanted the newest one that would hopefully work without trouble.. :D

The internals and the gun itself is just like the WE would be for sale, but this is probably the latest because I had no hole in the magwell.

Well, hopefully it wasn't hand picked. Is the hole in the magwell problem completely gone with the 2nd release?

Can I just point out that they are not G&P clones of a WA, they are WA M4's with G&P parts fitted. There are still only two makes available, WE and WA. The WE is obviously WE, but the G&P, Inokatsu and G&P are all WA :)

Edited by TwinTurboCH
Can I just point out that they are not G&P clones of a WA, they are WA M4's with G&P parts fitted. There are still only two makes available, WE and WA. The WE is obviously WE, but the G&P, Inokatsu and G&P are all WA :)

I never knew that. You're saying G&P buys a bunch of WA M4s and just swaps parts out? Doesn't seem too economical for them since I'm sure they have the capability of building a clone completely, in-house, however I've always wondered why they call it "official."

IBICO:

Any reason why you prefer the WE in skirmishes, other than lighter magazines? The lower recoil on the WE makes me feel that it probably gets better gas efficiency than the WA. Otherwise, what other reasons? Cold weather performance? That's actually quite a big concern for me, more than half the year is below 20C.

Edited by slu
I never knew that. You're saying G&P buys a bunch of WA M4s and just swaps parts out? Doesn't seem too economical for them since I'm sure they have the capability of building a clone completely, in-house, however I've always wondered why they call it "official."

They don't buy whole guns, just the parts need to make their bits complete guns, like the internals. They don't bother with bodies etc as that would all just get binned. :)

I've got 2 WE M4's on their way to me (one detined for SPR'ishness :D), so before they get modded we'll see what their quality control is like when I compare two 'identical' guns side by side for accuracy and performance :)

They don't buy whole guns, just the parts need to make their bits complete guns, like the internals. They don't bother with bodies etc as that would all just get binned. :)

I've got 2 WE M4's on their way to me (one detined for SPR'ishness :D ), so before they get modded we'll see what their quality control is like when I compare two 'identical' guns side by side for accuracy and performance :)

I see, but I believe they should have replaced some of the internal components. By the few reports so far, I think the function in stock form is superior to that of the WA.

Don't know if I should take the plunge on the WE, even (or perhaps especially) now.

IBICO:

Any reason why you prefer the WE in skirmishes, other than lighter magazines? The lower recoil on the WE makes me feel that it probably gets better gas efficiency than the WA. Otherwise, what other reasons? Cold weather performance? That's actually quite a big concern for me, more than half the year is below 20C.

Not that stable fps on the WA.. could jump from 380 to 430fps, lighter and cheaper mags, better gas effieciency (120bb`s for each fill).. I also think it take colder weather then WA.

For the WA I like the realism.. more a tinker gun, then reliable skirmish gun.

When WA get better magazines, then it might be something else. What the WA need is a better blowback/nozzle system and better magazines.

Or just leave the gun stock and use duster gas.. Since it is designed for it.

Can you tell me in which ways the WA is more "real" than the WE? I thought its just the brass tube within the bolt carrier @ WE? The "AR15" functions are the same on both rifles I guess?!

some guys (like those in the g&p M4 news thread) are telling over and over again, that the WA is more real (realism) than the WE.. im curious 'bout that.

Edited by Carsten

Can you tell me in which ways the WA is more "real" than the WE? I thought its just the brass tube within the bolt carrier @ WE? The "AR15" functions are the same on both rifles I guess?!

some guys (like those in the g&p M4 news thread) are telling over and over again, that the WA is more real (realism) than the WE.. im curious 'bout that.

It is the internals that look like real and operate more like the real thing. Even how the parts is dissasembled and put together is more real on the WA.

This is the WE:

we11od2.jpg

we10xc8.jpg

This is the WA:

1221375815_resized.jpg

1221375811_resized.jpg

1221375812_resized.jpg

1221375822_resized.jpg

^ My 10 or so Western Arms GBB pistols were very realistic looking too - big deal. They all had HORRIBLE hopups and plastic bodies. All usually developed issues after a few months to boot, or just failed completely.

The WE absolutely slays the WA out of the box. Not even close.

As for the 'weaker blowback of the WE' mentioned in a post above, where on earth did anybody get that from??!

The WE hits SO much harder than the WA its laughable. With my Krytox lube and other mods, the gun hits so hard and is so lively, you just giggle.

What a GREAT gun the WE is. At ANY price.

Lets keep it a little more than a fanboy thread here :)

Its a mindset issue we are all seeing here. WA owners swear by the WA because perhaps they take the weapon's "dimensional" realism as their enjoyment. While WE owners swear by their WE because its cheap, practical and more "realistic" when actually using it on the field, and hence thats their enjoyment. Essentially a difference of opinion between the posers and the skirmishers.

So why argue which is *better*? We are comparing apple and oranges here.