WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

If you are speaking of modding a real steel upper to fit and function on the WE gbb, you may get a lot of flack for posting that here as it is frowned upon, however if not, I apologize. There was a website selling replacement WE uppers or lowers I beleive. Im sure someone has it saved, I cant for the life of me find the sight again. It was around 35 dollars plus shipping, real cheap. Im very sorry to hear that something like that happened. If you bought it from AB, he may replace it, if not, that website, once found, should supply it.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

If you are speaking of modding a real steel upper to fit and function on the WE gbb, you may get a lot of flack for posting that here as it is frowned upon, however if not, I apologize. There was a website selling replacement WE uppers or lowers I beleive. Im sure someone has it saved, I cant for the life of me find the sight again. It was around 35 dollars plus shipping, real cheap. Im very sorry to hear that something like that happened. If you bought it from AB, he may replace it, if not, that website, once found, should supply it.

Here

Colt - $35USD

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=8479

Blank - $28USD

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=8480

I emailed them before regarding the receiver, and he confirms they are the annodized version (at least the colt one is for sure)

I think shipping is 30 bucks though.

Edited by accuracy
*fruitcage* *fruitcage* *fruitcage*, so I got my m4 today, loved it, then as I was trying to get the *fruitcage* front post off, the upper reciever threads snapped in half! :(, any place I can get replacement upper, and how hard is it to mod a real steel upper? I am so ###### right now, please help.

You can buy an Upper from AirsoftBuddy, but the only one listed on his site has an ACM 7" DD Omega Rail and front set preinstalled:

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=204

I would contact him and find out how much uppers are separately.

So from the sounds of it, all the durability issues with the WE M4 have been resolved except for the Charging handle. Is that right?

I did that, and it still wouldnt come off. Any other ideas? A *fruitcage* hammer couldn't get the damn thing off

Did you check for set screws?

Edited by uscmCorps

Yes, for the front sight, it isnt just the two pins for me. I recall there being a small hex screw right under the pin that holds the sling mount under the front sight. Take a look now. Pop out the pin that holds the sling mount on and look under, there should be a small hex screw there still pressed against the OB.

^ Correct again.

the allen head grub screw is hidden under the sling loop.

remove the sling loop and there it is.

Will slide right off.

Kai.....refer to the post I left Boost on the previous page. It contains all info as to where and how to pin the RS charging handle.......it has to be right at the rear edge like you see in my pic.

I paid 20.00 for mine at a local gun shop. Common part.

Edited by rottenotto

Well, tax return is on the way, so I'm going to spend most of it on this bad boy. I can't wait! I only wish there was a way to push the FPS a little closer to 400, ability to use AEG TBB and hop up rubbers, and higher-capacity magazines. 30 goes real quick if the gun isn't very accurate.

Anyhoo, I can't wait! Thanks for posting a lot of useful information, guys. I've read the entire thread and bookmarked what seemed the most important.

I got my WE M4 a few weeks ago. It seems really solid and it's really fun to shoot! Nothing as happened so far. I've racked the charging handle many times and so far it seems to be holding just fine. I haven't put many rounds through it yet, but i'll keep you guys posted if anything happens too it. Can't wait to skirmish with this beast of a gun. I'll be getting a G&P rail and a G&P ACOG. Hopefully the ACOG can handle the recoil.....

Matt

how fast does airsoftbuddy ship to the US? because if he does have an upper I will need it fast!

I PM'd you Cobbcore.

Choose speedpost with William and it will only take 3-4 days.

Thats assuming he has the upper in stock which he may not. If so, expect a few more days added to that.

(Many of the items I ordered in my last huge parts order were delayed since William didnt have them in stock.)

But William is very fast at getting things heading your way.

OTTO

Edited by rottenotto

Just got my shipment from AB. Took only 3 days to get here. Good stuff. I highly reccommend ordering from him.

I've been following this thread since it first started but I don't recall anything about the oring size some of you have used as a spacer for the inner barrel. Anyone got any info?