WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Got my M4 yesterday, ordered from WGC. After 20 mags of shooting, everything is still in one piece.

I also noted that my M4 doesn't have that hole in the mag well, but the mag get's really scratched after inserting it in the gun several times.

With this order I also got the G&P M4 RAS (http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=GP-ACC-675A_cat_RIS%20and%20RAS), but wasn't able to mount it to the gun. The top part doesn't quite fit. If there is someone that has already mounted this piece, I would appreaciate the help. I could also try to make some small modifications, but I don't want to brake the piece, or end up having a RIS that is not rock solid.

Cephas was a spring in the nozzle assembly? on the explosion diagram it seems to be part#43 can you confirm? Boomarms just contacted me back(chinese new year seems to be finished) and they aske me the number of the damaged parts(barrel assembly and "power tune up kit") now I wait for theyr answer...who knows...maybe I'll get the new assemblies for my next OP(15 february)....

Sorry to be a pain, I know there is a lot of questions flying around this thread but I really want to clarify one small thing please?

Can someone please tell me what I will have to do in order to fit this rail to a WE M4?

DD Mk.18 Rail

From what I can gather (altough I'm not 100% sure) either a RS DD barrel nut will be required (may be tricky as I'm in the UK) or material will have to be removed from the barrel nut provided. Am I on the right track?

How much material would need to be removed and from where exactly? Also is this tricky to do?

I'd really appreciate some expert advice.

^ You need to buy the DD barrel nut directly from Daniel Defense. Not any RS nut.

And from what I recall Boost posting, he had to shave an 1/8th inch off.

I interpret that as the nut bottomed out before tightening the barrel sufficiently. So making the nut a tick shallower, it snugged up fine.

I suppose washers or spacers would solve the issue as well. Just might push the RIS a little too far forward, interfering with sight posts etc.

You just need to buy the DD nut.

Edited by rottenotto
So I am correct in assuming that now all WE M4's sold from retailers such as Airsoft Buddy and WGC come with steel bolt stops?

They always were "steel"...just a low grade soft version of it. And immediately...you are "not" guaranteed to have a newer hardened one...they have lots that are not the latest and the greatest.

Remember, this is WE...they are not know for their "superior" workmanship.

Got another question here. Since I just got the gun I dont know all of its little nuances just yet, however, I was wondering about the points at which the bolt has some resistance moving back when you pull the charging handle slowly. The first point of resistance is obviously the bolt contacting the hammer on its roller bearing. However the next one, as the bolt gets about 3/4 of the way back, is much stiffer and I'm wondering what it is. Perhaps its part #122 (the oring everyone loves haha)? Any help would be appreciated, I just want to make sure I dont have a developing problem already.

Edited by sabrepilot9000

I thought 4boost shaved a standard nut and it was Kai who bought a RS DD nut? If you definitely need a RS DD nut in order to install a replica DD mk.18 rail then AB must have RS DD barrel nuts installed on the WE M4 mk.18 rifles he is selling. I can't see this being the case. Hopefully someone can clear this up as I really want to install a DD mk.18 rail. Ta.

I thought 4boost shaved a standard nut and it was Kai who bought a RS DD nut? If you definitely need a RS DD nut in order to install a replica DD mk.18 rail then AB must have RS DD barrel nuts installed on the WE M4 mk.18 rifles he is selling. I can't see this being the case. Hopefully someone can clear this up as I really want to install a DD mk.18 rail. Ta.

Perhaps they just made some of their own, as opposed to getting DD barrel nuts. I can't see how you can assume they didn't, or dont have the capacity to, after all, they made the entire damn gun.

You also don't know if the rail WE uses on their preassembled unit is the same one you guys are considering.

My inclination is that if you actually buy the DD RIS II, it will fit no problems. If you buy some ACM knock off, then I guess it depends.

Edited by slu
Wow! Thanks for such a friendly, positive and helpful reply!

Sorry, didn't catch the part you were in the UK. My point was that buying the barrel nut is a fairly simple, already documented solution.

And when you said, "if you definitely need a RS DD nut in order to install a replica DD mk.18 rail then AB must have RS DD barrel nuts installed on the WE M4 mk.18 rifles he is selling," well, it's probably not what you mean, but it sounded like the RS DD barrel nut worked by virtue of being an RS DD barrel nut, which is absurd. It makes no difference who makes the barrel nut, it just has to be the same thing, dimension-wise, as the real one. It doesn't necessarily mean AB went out and bought barrel nuts from DD.

Also, why not email AB to see if he'll sell you one of those kits separately?

Edited by slu
Got another question here. Since I just got the gun I dont know all of its little nuances just yet, however, I was wondering about the points at which the bolt has some resistance moving back when you pull the charging handle slowly. The first point of resistance is obviously the bolt contacting the hammer on its roller bearing. However the next one, as the bolt gets about 3/4 of the way back, is much stiffer and I'm wondering what it is. Perhaps its part #122 (the oring everyone loves haha)? Any help would be appreciated, I just want to make sure I dont have a developing problem already.

It's only the nozzle pulling out of the chamber bit. It's normal unless it really requires a solid yank to move. You may want to try lubing the outside stem part of the nozzle a bit if it's just a little stiff.

Edit: I think it should only require a fraction of the force required to move the bolt back past the halfway mark, where it rides over the hammer.

AB now has a list of parts seen here. I think he probably has more than this in stock, but you'll have to do the old fashioned email and wait to see what and for how much.

Sorry if I missed some one mentioning this, but is there anyplace in the US that sells mags yet? I'm not sure if I should splurge and order another from AB.

Edited by Chris North

Well, I tested the Mk18 rail on today. It was with a stock DD Real Deal barrel nut. I did not have to shave anything off to make it work, it just went right on and the rails lined up well with no gap. It will not work with the included barrel nut, but the one from DD themselves worked like a charm.

Im not sure if it is the same one, all I know is that the one my friend got was from EB, and we were testing it out. But the nut should work. Be warned however, that some DD mk18 replicas require you to modify the inside of the rail itself to fit around the outer barrel. The one I tested on mine fit without that mod. The EB one for sure will fit with the RS DD nut.

I am sorry to post this without reading all of the pages (I'm at page 73 :P) but I have a friend selling a magpul trigger guard meant for aviously a real steel, and wanted to put it on the WE m4, but havent had any one state wether it would fit or need nodding or be impossible. I would greatly appreciate it as my friend doesn't have forever and I can't find them anywere else. This could be my last chance hehe. :rolleyes:

ps. I noticed my newb status, had to create a new name. But all is well as my knowledge will be proof. ^_^

Edited by smokenghosts