WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Bloomin' heck, don't put too much pressure on the guy!

Just a few pics and a quick run down of the common faults and mods to rectify will do just fine!

^

LOL....>THANK YOU< Chef.

WE-tech isnt paying me anything for the work!

Pics are time consuming enough, a video walkthrough is a ton of work. (Despite spending so much time here, I have a real job guys!)

Any way, I love y'all and Ill do what I can.

Just a quick note on flaring. Dont do it.

Yes its a nice enhancement but there is so little space between the cylinder and carrier. It has to be perfect....... and there is no pressing the "undo button" if you screw it up. You will have to buy a new cylinder.

I dont want people running into that and yelling at me!

Just polish that opening like its no tomorrow with wetsand paper, and you will be good. Do that, and Locktite the end bolt (#36) and No more shredded #122. Promise.

I have weeks and weeks (and bags and bags of bb's) on my replaced stock #122 and the corners of the washer are like new. No wear.

Edited by rottenotto
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

^

Thanks otto, i will definitely polish the opening and just stay away from flaring it. Once i get this done and get some mags through it ill post back.

I don't expect you to make a video thats way more than we need. Just giving more detail on what you did and advice is good enough. Thanks again.

Edited by Whudafxup

^ You got it ;)

And in the meantime, if you want to see a good running WE-tech, heres a great vid......he actually gasses up and fires it at 1:35.

I dont know what the guys ambient temp is, but thats a fairly average rate of fire.

But nice staccato notes, nothing erratic in the ROF.

I think Ive got a faster ROF than seen here, but you see his gun is reliable and even.

Edited by rottenotto
How about the problem of the nozzle being gripped to tightly by the rubber sleeve in the barrel? Anyone found a solution to that yet by any chance?

Never had that problem at all. So I cant say.

I still cant see how that rubber bucking would grip a nozzle so hard it would pull the nozzle head off.

Its only rubber.

Just polish that opening like its no tomorrow with wetsand paper

just to be sure,.. the (inner) opening of the brass tube, right?

Hi Carsten

Yes, the inner opening and the lip/edge of the brass tube.

Polish it smooth.

Keep rubbing your finger tips over these areas until it is smooth to the touch. Scrape against the flesh of your finger tip hard - you should feel the pressure but no sharp edges. Just gliding right over.

Finish with a smear of 90 weight silicone shock oil (like an AEG cylinder), or Krytox if you have it.

And you're good.

Just keep imagining the washer entering the tube as you work.

Edited by rottenotto

:oSorry Rottenotto,

didn't mean to cause that much pressure. I really appreciate all your contributions and time you have helped my decisions thus far immensely. We all have a "normal" life so I am sorry if I asked too much. Thanks for the YouTube pointer, I had already watched it but it's nice to know this is what to aim for.

The Chef,

A UK Krytox club might not be such a bad option.... hmmm

As above you are right a video is a mountain of work to ask of Mr Otto.... I should think first :)

Lughnasadhuk,

Thanks for the UK spare supplier link for #122. I had noticed they had started doing spare mags. Does anyone know if the mags are 2nd gen. or 1st gen. from there?

Hopefully get customs clearance in the morning :D

http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/

Working on this during the off hours. Otto, you have a PM.

I took a ton of pics over the weekend basically taking the rifle down to parts. I'll try to upload everything tonight and get the takedown guide started. Let me know if anything needs to be added/deleted/etc. You should be able to read everything without registering an ID at wikidot.com.

Well been a reader of this thread for long enough thought i'd post up a pic of my WE M4:

post-32710-1233590506_thumb.jpg

WE M4 With Trades

Troy Ind 10" RIS (ACM)

Tango Down Battle Grip (ACM)

Magpul CTR PTS Stock

Blackhawk Ambi Sling Mount

ACOG with Doc Red Dot Site (ACM)

KAC Flip up Front & Rear sights

DBoys Ris Covers

Only other thing i mgiht change is the pistol grip but pretty happy with the standard one.

Well been a reader of this thread for long enough thought i'd post up a pic of my WE M4:

post-32710-1233590506_thumb.jpg

WE M4 With Trades

Troy Ind 10" RIS (ACM)

Tango Down Battle Grip (ACM)

Magpul CTR PTS Stock

Blackhawk Ambi Sling Mount

ACOG with Doc Red Dot Site (ACM)

KAC Flip up Front & Rear sights

DBoys Ris Covers

Only other thing i mgiht change is the pistol grip but pretty happy with the standard one.

Good looking rifle. Add a Magpul MIAD and you'll be set. It fits your hand so much better than the standard grip.

Where did you purchase the ACM Troy rail and how much was it? How is the fit and finish?

Thanks 4boost/rottenotto.

Yeah i was looking at the MAID grip and i think i will be getting one of those at some point.

The RIS was from ebaybanned, $73 on there. Its a good fit, slightly filled the lower half which goes round the delta ring but not much. Sadly it sits about half a mil too high from the recievers top rail but hardly notice it. Only thing that could be better is the colour of the finish as its a blue(ie) sort of colour but otherwise its great, nice and solid.

Hey guys, having a big issue right now. I just received my new power up tune up kit from William, along with three hop up rubbers. I installed both and made sure everything was in order. I turned my hop all the way up before firing since im using .30's. I load the mag up and put it in and it shoots STRAIGHT, totally beamlined.

Problem however is that if I tilt the gun down, the bb just rolls out. The rubber is not holding it in place for some reason. I double checked and even tried another of the three rubbers. Same thing. I checked to make sure the ball bearing was pushing down on the rubber, and that too, is a go. I have no idea what is going on with it or why it wont work. Anyone have any ideas?

---------I found an issue that Im not sure may be the problem. The reason I needed a new one was I tried grinding my old one a bit and like a dummy, I took some off of the bottom, to make it work with 20's, The bbs would just drip out the bottom like they are now afterwords, which they wouldnt do before. I compared the craptacular one I tried to modify to the new ones William sent me and saw that even though I sanded some off of the bottom of the one that came with mine, it was still LONGER, but just a tiny bit, than the new ones. Weird. So this might be the issue. So none of the 4 hop up rubbers I have seem to be holding the bb in place. It just drops out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Kai_Wolf
Problem however is that if I tilt the gun down, the bb just rolls out. The rubber is not holding it in place for some reason. I double checked and even tried another of the three rubbers. Same thing. I checked to make sure the ball bearing was pushing down on the rubber, and that too, is a go. I have no idea what is going on with it or why it wont work. Anyone have any ideas?

The problem does not come from the green rubber (part 118) because it doesn't hold the bb. The bb is hold by a black rubber (part 117).

Coco, is the black rubber peice held in by a small brass ring? I dont recall seeing any black rubber peice, however, I remember loosing this brass ring that was held in by what I thought was black tape underneath it, right at the very front of the brass assembly. Could you possibly show me what you mean?

The problem does not come from the green rubber (part 118) because it doesn't hold the bb. The bb is hold by a black rubber (part 117).

Coco, is the black rubber peice held in by a small brass ring? I dont recall seeing any black rubber peice, however, I remember loosing this brass ring that was held in by what I thought was black tape underneath it, right at the very front of the brass assembly. Could you possibly show me what you mean?

You are definitely looking for part #117 like Coco has said. Here is a picture of it out of #111:

http://weairsoft.com/index_product_view.ph...mp;imgid=474568

Coco, mine seems to be there still. It seems to be in tact too. I took it out and didnt look damaged at all, and when I drop a bb in, it stays. However, when I put it back into the gun, the bb's still roll out when I shake the gun about.

I replaced the origional hop up beacuse I tried to foolishly grind the bottom of mine, and that is when I noticed the bbs rolling out. So I thought it was that. This is so frustrating. I really need to find a solution.