WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Hey otto,

I don't know if I'm too late for that, but look here:

Parts #59 for WE Gas Blow Back M4

93$ saved - how about 50$ for me? :P

I owe you a beer mate!

Actually I have been back and forth with William about this part for a few days. He got them for me from WE.

William is a GOOD guy and he is your life support system for this gun. High Marks for William. ;)

Can someone please explain to me the why there are different prices listed on Airsoft Buddy's site for what appears to be the same product?

1. WE Gas Blow Back M4 - AFC Version - Package 1 USD$400.00

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=178

2. WE Gas Blow Back M4 - AFC Version USD$360.00

Product Code#:GUNT0277

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=173

The only difference I can see between these two is the ammount of money they cost.

Can someone please explain to me the why there are different prices listed on Airsoft Buddy's site for what appears to be the same product?

1. WE Gas Blow Back M4 - AFC Version - Package 1 USD$400.00

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=178

2. WE Gas Blow Back M4 - AFC Version USD$360.00

Product Code#:GUNT0277

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=173

The only difference I can see between these two is the ammount of money they cost.

Look closely at the bottom of the page where it says that shipping is included as part of the package.

hazmatt, are you referring to this,

"Shipping fee - by Air Mail"

because it doesn't clearly state that the shipping cost is included in the price listed. Only that it will be shipped by way of airmail.

Read it again..

Features:

Full Metal Construction with ABS Furnitures

Realistic Field Stripping

Metal Bolt Carrier

Functional Forward Assist Button

Empty-Firing Mode, does not hold bolt open with empty magazine (the magazine have a button can control the bolt lock or un-lock when the magazine is empty)

Removable Outer Barrel front section allows converting to CQB Model

Adjustable Hop-Up

Custom Engraved Receiver

Anodized Receiver

Specifications:

Magazine Capacity: 30 rounds

Length: 768-850 mm

Weight: 3050g / 5500g with packing

System: Gas Blowback, Semi / Full Auto, Hop-Up

Muzzle Velocity: 330-350 FPS ( with 0.2g BBs & Top gas )

Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Short 6.03mm Inner Barrel (260mm length, for convert to CQB version), BB Loader & User Manual

Package Included:

WE Gas Blow Back M4 Carbine x 1

Shipping fee - by Air Mail

the seals just dry up. stuff that *badgeress* full of silicon (not literaly, just lube the mags generously) until it complies.

I could confirm that. I've had no problems with gases that contain silicone. I've got my original black magazine for about three months now, always having some gas inside. And not a single leak after the initial testing, when it still had dry valves. I guess that if you use propane, you really need to lube those valves regularly. Here in Finland propane is not an option (sucks, I know - and it gets expensive), so we have to use these gases with silicone. Currently I've tested if with the Begadi Power Gas (seller imports them from Germany). Seems to work great.

I've had no problems so far with "overlubing" when I use these gases. I suppose they're not as silicone-filled as the greengas sold in US.

Read it again..

If you look on the news page where the packages are advertised it clearly states that the shipping is free with the package. Further, the term "package included:" indicates that all items listed are included in the price. Seems pretty clear to me.

Edited by hazmatt
Your loss.

by the sound of it .

it is all you lot are spending £300 plus for a gas rifle and if you read through the pages it all bad .

the w e boys sell a rifle pump up the selling vids etc and they sell it with bum gear in side and you cant get parts

dont you think its bad .

i dont get it

spending over £300 plus and its just problems after problems .i dont know if this help u guys out but i have found some bloke talking about the wa problems and the rifle it self .

hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLy6qDN0sk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJGK3jxo7Q

i like to the reveiws from the people whos got theres on order form land worrior ...

I'm not sure I get where you're coming from. There is a difference between the WE and WA, if you didn't know...

Although the WE M4 is a pretty good deal as far as airsoft products go, it is still an airsoft product and so really is just an overpriced toy. It can break when you push it just a little further, and it can break even if you don't. It costs a lot, and it shoots little balls of plastic. It's pretty much like any other airsoft gun out there. The WE M4 does have to be pampered a bit more, some tricks may be required to get it working completely smoothly out of the box, so it is a bit more of a niche gun and it's not for everyone.

Whether it's for you is your choice, but really the parts that break the most cost between $5 and $16 (without shipping). You probably only need to spend an additional 15 minutes and maybe $25 and everything should run well for a long while.

I will chrono the new valve tomorrow, BTW my assembly was a version one and it seems to work ok.

Huh. Mine is on of the very first run (owned by two other people already), but that's still interesting. I wonder at what point they changed?

I also may have found an easier way to get the rod and nozzle to align with the cylinder. Basically, I just left everything together in the upper receiver, then tightened the screw on the bolt through the back of the receiver. It was pretty much perfectly centered the first try.

Edited by Chris North

To be fair RGJ there are more parts available for this rifle than almost any other new product in such a short space of time .

Also WE have been actively listening to users and improving parts after recieving customer suggestions etc which is something you NEVER get from a Japanese manufacturer.

I will do a review of the version available from landwarrior as and when the guns arrive

I also may have found an easier way to get the rod and nozzle to align with the cylinder. Basically, I just left everything together in the upper receiver, then tightened the screw on the bolt through the back of the receiver. It was pretty much perfectly centered the first try.

And if not, loosen the screw, rotate the black tube and tighten again. Do it until it is centered. It isnt rocket science, cant imagine why people say they cant get it aligned.

Also,

Absolultely no "special tool" is required to open the nozzle head. What size needle noze pliers are some using? I wonder.

The tips fit right into the nozzle vents and the handles of the pliers provide tons of grip/comfort/leverage to unscrew it right open.

Ill add a pictorial walk-through on the wiki post this weekend for you guys.

Hey folks, I couldn't find my problem in another post, I think noone hast posted that before.

My other magazine is losing the gas really fast through the upper valve. I already disassembled it but it looks alright to me.

When I fill in gas from the bottom valve, the gas immediately streams out of the top of the magazine, there is no pressure building up at all.

ventilxgro.jpg

Any ideas? There is definitely not too little lube on the orings, the plunger is moving easily...

I tested the new valve that Airsoft Buddy is selling and its coming in at around 270-285fps, using 0.25's.

It's pretty cold over here at the moment and the fps will certainly be lower outside.

What temperature (approx.) & environment is this being fired in?

What gas are you using?

What chrono are you using?

It does say on his site that it will bring it down to around 300, i presume with a .2. So its about right i guess.

Im using propane and a guarder 2000 chrono.

Firing from inside the house through the window, i didnt warm the mags up prior to using.

This set up would be useful for cqb sites.

I have been trying to contact William for around two weeks with numerous emails, without reply. I have a version one rifle that was putting out 460fps on a .2. I would like to purchase a complete bolt with the current 350fps valve. He does an upgrade kit on his site, i want the opposite.

I presume the version two's are giving around 350 on a .2?